• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew is just before the Fatman fight correct?
I've been dreading him having that boss battle. I've played MGS2 a dozen times, some recently and that fight STILL gives me trouble. I don't know what it is but I keep getting stuck on one of the bombs with too little time left.
because its a terrible fight

most of that game is made up of terrible moments

we have to get through 2 before we get to the genius of 3 but boy does it suck getting through 2

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Drew is just before the Fatman fight correct?
I've been dreading him having that boss battle. I've played MGS2 a dozen times, some recently and that fight STILL gives me trouble. I don't know what it is but I keep getting stuck on one of the bombs with too little time left.

I thought Drew was gonna struggle with the shooting controls but he's been doing allright for himself however that fucking Fatman bossfight requires speed and precision so i'm worried too. I think Drew is either gonna beat Fatman in the first go or he's gonna take awhile.

I thought Drew was gonna struggle with the shooting controls but he's been doing allright for himself however that fucking Fatman bossfight requires speed and precision so i'm worried too. I think Drew is either gonna beat Fatman in the first go or he's gonna take awhile.

I always try to remember how many times I've played MGS2 (like, it's gotta be in the hundreds at this point), and how easy everything is for me, vs. a first time player, but I feel like using the USP to knock him down, then plugging him in the head is pretty straight forward. Like, I got to the point where I had to freeze maybe 3-5 bombs tops. I feel like Drew tends to surprise us on boss fights though, and I still can't believe he defeated Vulcan Raven so quickly.

What's REALLY gonna get Drew is finding the last, last, LAST bomb after you defeat Fatman.

And regarding length, I'm figuring they'll finish the game sometime in mid to late January. There's going to be episodes of JUST cutscenes. Like, the whole sequence from the oil fence to the torture room, I don't see how they do that in an hour. That's two hours at least.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I always try to remember how many times I've played MGS2 (like, it's gotta be in the hundreds at this point), and how easy everything is for me, vs. a first time player, but I feel like using the USP to knock him down, then plugging him in the head is pretty straight forward.

LOL i never knew that, i'm dumb, the way i did it was to wait until he stood still then shoot him in the head.Your way is much easier.

Patryn

Remember that it's Thanksgiving week. So there probably will be paucity of content, especially as Dan is heading home for it.

If they do a Wednesday stream, will Dan even be around for it?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Remember that it's Thanksgiving week. So there probably will be paucity of content, especially as Dan is heading home for it.

If they do a Wednesday stream, will Dan even be around for it?

I think Danny said they're flying out Tuesday on UPF, just after he realized what he's actually getting into.

Myggen

Going to Kansas to celebrate Thanksgiving with a friend and his family must indeed suck and be a bad idea. That's how things work.

Bacon

I would jump at the opportunity to visit Dan's family. I need to know what Dan's family gatherings are like, they must be bonkers. Can't wait to hear what Danny has to say about the experience.

Squishy3

Going to Kansas to celebrate Thanksgiving with a friend and his family must indeed suck and be a bad idea. That's how things work.
It's not that it's a bad idea, but with Dan... it's going to be an experience, to say the least.

I'm looking forward to the stories.

popo

"A Paddy in Kansas". Coming this holiday season to a theatre near you. From the makers of American Pie.

Synopsis : Does young Danny O'Diddly know what he has let himself in for? Straight off the boat and all alone, a real american family (The Pickards) take in the poor orphan for a Real American Thanksgiving! With The Lovable Simpleton, The Redneck Father and The Nympho Sisters - not to mention the prospect of alcohol poisoning - our backwards hero will be lucky to make it out alive!

Based on a True Story. Names changed to protect the innocent.

Chuck

Still without luck
New MGS in less than 12 hours.

You're...less than 12 hours

ebb057c147.png

Yaay, new Metal Gear Scanlon. I have a day off tomorrow and what would even be the point of staying at home if I couldn't watch Dan laugh at Drew fucking up.

Myggen

Surely they do it so the European peoples can have a video not come out while they're asleep.

Yeah, Jeff said a good while ago that they were experimenting with different upload times because of their international audience. But since I'm actually working and these videos are uploaded 09:01 am local time, I wouldn't care if they started uploading them at a more convenient time for Americans (I'm betting students over here don't mind the early upload though).

because its a terrible fight

most of that game is made up of terrible moments

we have to get through 2 before we get to the genius of 3 but boy does it suck getting through 2

I actually think it's a really cool boss battle, in concept The problem is combining the fast shooting with having to do dumb shit like crawl until this box and freeze a bomb with the 12 seconds you have left. Calculating how much time you have to defuse those is just fucked. I've have it give me less than 30 second to take out three bombs and you already know it can't be done that fast.

Yeah, Jeff said a good while ago that they were experimenting with different upload times because of their international audience. But since I'm actually working and these videos are uploaded 09:01 am local time, I wouldn't care if they started uploading them at a more convenient time for Americans (I'm betting students over here don't mind the early upload though).

So they put it out when many americans are asleep? I don't know why they schedule it when they do but I don't see it having anything to do with europe.

See above.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just watched the Phantasmagoria playthrough yesterday. What other Random PC Games should I watch?

Blade Runner and Ripper, definitely. Omikron and Outcast are also really good. All of them are worth watching to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom