• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
I may or may not have been watching a Huniepop stream for the last two hours.

This game is fucking baffling, I don't even know where to start.

Is Huniepop just a parody of Japananese dating sims? It sure seems that way with the dialogue.

Nope, the game is dead serious.

Alfredo

It's at a pretty awkward time. Who wants to announce releases early in January? Most companies I imagine would rather wait for E3 or the bigger PAX conferences. I just don't see what purpose it has, no one was really clamoring for another PAX as far as i'm aware.

Some people that don't live near Boston or Seattle wanted a PAX closer to them. Somewhere like Texas. :p

This will be my first PAX, and I'm totally okay with it being lower-key than the other ones. Maybe I'm going to PAX for the wrong reasons, but I look forward to just meeting other people, playing games, and seeing folks like Giant Bomb live. I feel like that's what PAX should be about. I don't really care if any new games get announced at PAX or not.

Texas hasn't really had that many "gaming" conventions. There's like ScrewAttack, which is super freaking small, and stuff like Rooster Teeth. PAX South will likely eclipse both of those, even if it it's only a fraction of the size of Prime or East.

This could be the first and last PAX South, but I'm excited for it either way, and I'm happy that GB is giving it a chance.

Edit: oh, and I might finally get a chance to try out a damn Oculus Rift or similar VR solution.. Hopefully I won't get pink eye.

Myggen

Will there be a pre-Rumble Powerboombcast? I'd love to hear some predictions.

And Jeff's thoughts on Immortals vs. Supercard.

Jeff talked about plans to do a Powerbombcast last week, but that didn't happen. I hope they can squeeze it in this week maybe.

ultron87

Some people that don't live near Boston or Seattle wanted a PAX closer to them. Somewhere like Texas. :p

This will be my first PAX, and I'm totally okay with it being lower-key than the other ones. Maybe I'm going to PAX for the wrong reasons, but I look forward to just meeting other people, playing games, and seeing folks like Giant Bomb live. I feel like that's what PAX should be about. I don't really care if any new games get announced at PAX or not.

You're definitely going in with the right attitude. In the few Easts I've been to the big game booths were the least interesting parts. It always felt like a waste of time to wait 3 hours to play some big game. Discovering stuff in the indie booth and talking directly with the creators is much more interesting. Beyond that, my favorite parts were always the community events like the panels, the free play rooms for fun local multiplayer stuff and tournaments.

tchocky

Will there be a pre-Rumble Powerbombcast? I'd love to hear some predictions.

Jared was on twitter a week ago asking what predictions would people like to see them make. Winner, longest time in rumble, most eliminations, Kofis exit stunt etc.

justjim89

Jared was on twitter a week ago asking what predictions would people like to see them make. Winner, longest time in rumble, most eliminations, Kofis exit stunt etc.

Yeah I saw that, made me think one was incoming. I'm particularly intrigued to hear what they think Kofi will do. Probably something with assistance from Xavier and Big E.

AcridMeat

Banned

Texas hasn't really had that many "gaming" conventions. There's like ScrewAttack, which is super freaking small, and stuff like Rooster Teeth. PAX South will likely eclipse both of those, even if it it's only a fraction of the size of Prime or East.

This could be the first and last PAX South, but I'm excited for it either way, and I'm happy that GB is giving it a chance.

Edit: oh, and I might finally get a chance to try out a damn Oculus Rift or similar VR solution.. Hopefully I won't get pink eye.
The bold is exactly what PAX should be, and has been for a long, long time. The recent trend of announcements at those shows came as a result of them getting so popular, it's a great opportunity for companies to show off their stuff, but that was never the goal.

I think there's certainly good reasons to have a smaller show, the problem is that there's still 3 others they put on in the same year, so everything is spread thin now. Enjoy yourself though, it's awesome.

shwimpy

Will there be a pre-Rumble Powerboombcast? I'd love to hear some predictions.

Probably too busy with PAX-planning.

Hopefully we get a SUPER ULTRA Powerbombcast the week after discussing the NXT PPV, Wrestle Kingdom and the Royal Rumble.

tchocky

I hope the WK9 discussion contains a lot of talk on the matches and not just Jeff ranting about JRs commentary, I'm mostly interested in Dan's thought since it's his first Japanese wrestling show.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I hope the WK9 discussion contains a lot of talk on the matches and not just Jeff ranting about JRs commentary, I'm mostly interested in Dan's thought since it's his first Japanese wrestling show.

One of them will be the first person on the planet to admit not "getting" Nakamura.

RbRHBXq.gif

They'll be wrong of course. But that's my prediction.

Probably too busy with PAX-planning.

Hopefully we get a SUPER ULTRA Powerbombcast the week after discussing the NXT PPV, Wrestle Kingdom and the Royal Rumble.

Don't forget world war 3 1995. Seriously, it's been like 3 powerbombcasts since they announced it.Its especially poignant now given that hulk hogan is inducting macho man into the HOF. Even thinking about hogan at the end of the PPV pisses me off.

popo

The PAX South thing good be good for attendees. Sounds like it will be more like the very first PAX, rather than what PAX has become. First year it didn't have many dev booths and was just a convention for gamers to hang out, games of all type - not just video. Now it is - tickets sell out in 10 minutes and then queue to play demos and hear "internet celebrity" panels.

popo

costs sounds about right.

I mean they have australia so they could have anywhere - but the more locations you have the bigger the risks.

I read somewhere that PAX AU didn't make money because thy had to partner with a local company to do all the organization, but they let the fans decide and that is what they picked. Those PA guys make decent money anyway from the rest of the cons.

komplanen

GB Trivia: Guess this 2014 QL

Person 1: "When I click on these, this sort of pops up"
Person 2: "Ooh" :-O
Person 2: "Were they old, or were the ELDER BERRIES?"
Person 1: *sighs*
Person 1: "Now I've done it again!!"
Person 2: *laughs* "You're not surviving the Apocalypse very well"

I am a little bored but this is all the hints you'll get :)

daydream

Banned
Person 1: "Mon ami, adieu."
Person 2: "Adieu."
Person 1: "Adieu."

Person 1: "Oh wait, what, what. What kind of Last of Us shit is that?
Person 2: (laughs)

Not from a QL, guess the gb video:

Person 1: "What the fuck did you just say? *gesture at person* He called me fat *gesture at another person* he called me fat. I demand an apology or we do not go forward."
Person 2: "Are we hanging out with Adam right now?"
Person 1: "Oh shit! That's real talk! Hold on a minute, let me fucking marinate in this shit."

Not from a QL, guess the gb video:

Person 1: "What the fuck did you just say? *gesture at person* He called me fat *gesture at another person* he called me fat. I demand an apology or we do not go forward."
Person 1: "Oh shit! That's real talk! Hold on a minute, let me fucking marinate in this shit."
This sounds like a Johnny V / Dave Lang joint.

komplanen

Person 1: "Mon ami, adieu."
Person 2: "Adieu."
Person 1: "Adieu."

Person 1: "Oh wait, what, what. What kind of Last of Us shit is that?
Person 2: (laughs)

Damn I think I should know this. One more hint?

Not from a QL, guess the video:

Is this the Johnny V + Dave Lang GDC after party video?

daydream

Banned
Damn I think I should know this. One more hint?

Person 1: Uh, yup, yup. Thanks for the walk!
Person 2: [creepy] Yeaaaah..

Person 2: Are we, fucking, like, doppelgangers or something?

Person 2: [Tyson voice] I got a tiger for lunch.
Person 1: That's u-uncanny.
Person 2: [Tyson voice] It's delicious.
Person 1: Mr. Tyson, welcome!
Person 2: [Tyson voice] Sometimes I have a tiger for breakfast, it makes me feel like a warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom