• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Person 1: Uh, yup, yup. Thanks for the walk!
Person 2: [creepy] Yeaaaah..

Person 2: Are we, fucking, like, doppelgangers or something?

Person 2: [Tyson voice] I got a tiger for lunch.
Person 1: That's u-uncanny.
Person 2: [Tyson voice] It's delicious.
Person 1: Mr. Tyson, welcome!
Person 2: [Tyson voice] Sometimes I have a tiger for breakfast, it makes me feel like a warrior.
There's no way that's not an Alex + Vinny QL
Unity?

tchocky

Person 1: Uh, yup, yup. Thanks for the walk!
Person 2: [creepy] Yeaaaah..

Person 2: Are we, fucking, like, doppelgangers or something?

Person 2: [Tyson voice] I got a tiger for lunch.
Person 1: That's u-uncanny.
Person 2: [Tyson voice] It's delicious.
Person 1: Mr. Tyson, welcome!
Person 2: [Tyson voice] Sometimes I have a tiger for breakfast, it makes me feel like a warrior.

Hatoful Boyfriend.

Person 1: "This should just be like a still, rendered shot... we made this with fuckin' Kai's Power Tools."
Person 2: "Then we used Kai's Power Goo, uh, you know we used Goo to do some stuff also, which we thought was pretty cool"
Person 1: "Check out my portfolio of orbs floating over endless water."
Person 2: "Uh, this orb's reflective."
Person 1: "You'll notice this is has like a rock texture on the orb."
Person 2: "This one's a checkerboard. You can see the checkerboard reflecting off the water, which I thought was a nice touch."
Person 1: "Here, the water is made of steel."

tchocky

Person 1: Is that a rasta fly
Person 2: No I think he just got a beard

Person 1: (Yawning) Ask about big albert upstairs

Person 2: We got some Agent York shit going on.
Person 1: Yeah, Shes really dead.
Person 2: This is all happening in her dreams.

Person 1: "This should just be like a still, rendered shot... we made this with fuckin' Kai's Power Tools."
Person 2: "Then we used Kai's Power Goo, uh, you know we used Goo to do some stuff also, which we thought was pretty cool"
Person 2: "This one's a checkerboard. You can see the checkerboard reflecting off the water, which I thought was a nice touch."

someone needs to answer this soon because it's driving me nuts

Jothel

Project spark?

Project spark?

Nope!

From the same video (and this should make it obvious):

Person 1: Yeah and, you know, uh... Killian Rayne Smith, whatever his name is, was uh...
Person 2: What?
Person 1: What's his name?
Person 2: Who? Ray Liotta?
Person 1: Yeah, that guy!
Person 2: What? What did you call him?
Person 1: ...Ray Liotta.
Person 2: Killian Rayne Smith? What?
Person 1: Ray Liotta, I said Ray Liotta
Person 2: No, you didn't say anything close to-- Drew?
Person 1: Your headphones are bad!
Person 2: Shame on you!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can hear it and even tried filtering on qlcrew.com to jog my memory, but I can't place what video those quotes are from.

Jintor

Nope!

From the same video (and this should make it obvious):

Person 1: Yeah and, you know, uh... Killian Rayne Smith, whatever his name is, was uh...
Person 2: What?
Person 1: What's his name?
Person 2: Who? Ray Liotta?
Person 1: Yeah, that guy!
Person 2: What? What did you call him?
Person 1: ...Ray Liotta.
Person 2: Killian Rayne Smith? What?
Person 1: Ray Liotta, I said Ray Liotta
Person 2: No, you didn't say anything close to-- Drew?
Person 1: Your headphones are bad!
Person 2: Shame on you!

Fuck! That jogged a memory, but damned if I know who they are.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is it from that Dragon Ball quick look? It definitely sounds like a Ryan+Vinny moment to me.

It's definitely those two, that was my initial thought with the first quote but I'm not certain if it was Evolution or a different DBZ game, or if I'm just wrong on the game entirely.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Aha! I got it.
It's from Video Thing: That's So Ryan!

Uh...that's...um...I mean, I'm sure that quote is in the video and all...

edit: So I put my guess for the third chair based on the hint that quote 1 was somebody different, and I am guessing it was Jeff, and I assume Ray Liotta was in a DC Movie at some point. DC Universe Online?

edit 2: Wait, no, Uwe Boll? Postal 3? That would make it Brad in the first quote.

HAHAHA! In this video from Patrick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVL9gUB5RM), a questioner asks his opinion on Kotaku's commenting system. Patrick, in a cautious manner (obviously doesn't want the ire of his new bosses), criticizes it. But, yeah, that thing is awful, as is the one that was there a few months ago, and the one a few months before that. Yeah, I'm over exaggerating here, but they change their commenting system so often. Too often. And whenever they claim it's better, I find those claims dubious.

Kotaku has the WORST commenting system. I'd rather they just disable comments altogether then make each one subject to approval (that is how it works, right?)

tchocky

I think Patrick is fine criticising kotaku/gawkers commenting system since every other writer who works their criticises it as well. They all know it sucks but that is the system that the bosses want so I guess they have to make do.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Went up against a team in dota. Stomped them out. Check dotabuff after the game, realize Brad Muir was on the other team :(

Im sorry Brad!

Ketch

That's from a UPF where vinny (or drew, can't remember which) is looking at a website or desora or something.

OR actually, it's brad during UPF doing the fucking animation program where he makes some hideus frankenstein looking thing with giant feet.

fleck0

I was browsing the Humble Store and noticed The Fall is touting their prestigious award.
And it's on sale.
EjW3uHp.jpg

So, am I the only one who finds it hilarious there were the pages of whining and complaining that Destiny got into the top 10 for GB's GOTY and it's ended up finish 12th in the NeoGAF GOTY vote?

Myggen

Gawker seems like a weird company. Didn't one of their sites have to publicly beg them to fix their moderation system?

Jezebel had to, yeah. It was specificially the concept of burner accounts they asked to have removed, since it made it impossible to IP block people who used those accounts and posted gifs depicting rape and other disgusting shit.

edit: Also, I asked Jeff on Tumblr if they were planning to do a Powerbombcast before the Royal Rumble:

I think so? We’re shooting dates and times back and forth right now, sometimes it can be hard to get everyone’s schedule to line up.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Any people here from Ireland? If so, just how famous actually is Conor McGregor there right now?

Being such a small country, it's kind of hard not to hear about one of our own doing well in a sport, even if you don't follow that sport at all. I'd say right now it's around the point where people you wouldn't expect to have heard of him have heard of him.

So, am I the only one who finds it hilarious there were the pages of whining and complaining that Destiny got into the top 10 for GB's GOTY and it's ended up finish 12th in the NeoGAF GOTY vote?

The problem with it making GB's list is that we've heard hours of material where every single member of the crew talked about how much of a piece of shit they think the game is. And the main argument of the only supporter Destiny had was "The game would be way better, if only they had made a way better game. Also I'm an addict and need help."

Destiny making the Neogaf list isn't a problem, because I can assume that the people who voted really enjoyed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom