• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Dan's competitiveness and Brad's mostly 'ho-hum' attitude was so awkward. I felt like every time Dan got competitive Brad just wanted to say "Oh, shut the fuck up."

Not in a bad or angry way, just in a way of Brad thinking it's dumb. Feels so awkward to me.

This is also awkward in a good way, keep pushing those buttons Dan!

Also Dan's competitiveness and Brad's mostly 'ho-hum' attitude was so awkward. I felt like every time Dan got competitive Brad just wanted to say "Oh, shut the fuck up."

Not in a bad or angry way, just in a way of Brad thinking it's dumb. Feels so awkward to me.

This is also awkward in a good way, keep pushing those buttons Dan!

I'd say Brad was too salty for him to have a ho hum attitude.

They are the same guy though

2686582-ok.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, Gat out of Hell looks awful. I don't mean the gameplay or even the graphics but the drab, boring color scheme is killing all my interest in the game. SR4 was pretty bad too since it played soley during the night but this....damn. Literally.

Far Cry 4 Review after 3 towers and 4 bases captured: The stealth sucks, the shooting isn't fun, and the game is glitchy beyond belief... but riding elephants is really fun and it's a very pretty game. At least I didn't spend money on it.

Edit: Well I kind of did. It came with my 970.

Myggen

I really liked both FC3 and 4 as "fucking around games". The story in both games is "meh", but so much random shit happened to me in those worlds that I couldn't help but love both games. I do agree with Jeff in that I'm probably not up for FC5 to just be another 3 and 4, but man have I enjoyed my time with both of those games.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I got bored of FarCry 3 once I stopped messing around and did the actual missions, didn't come close to finishing that game. Can't really imagine any way that FC4 could have been remotely interesting if it was going to stay with the same formula.

SmithnCo

Man, Gat out of Hell looks awful. I don't mean the gameplay or even the graphics but the drab, boring color scheme is killing all my interest in the game. SR4 was pretty bad too since it played soley during the night but this....damn. Literally.

Yeah, for all the craziness in SR4, it has one drab color scheme in this and the main game.

Oh and what's up with the honey badgers being bullet sponges? I know they're tough, but I don't think they could take like 7 arrows before going down. And wow the driving... is it a lot easier if you're using a controller? The racing challenges feel impossible to get gold on.

Oh and what's up with the honey badgers being bullet sponges? I know they're tough, but I don't think they could take like 7 arrows before going down. And wow the driving... is it a lot easier if you're using a controller? The racing challenges feel impossible to get gold on.

I only drive to the road and then turn on auto-drive. I was never really good at the driving in 3 so it was a welcome addition.

The Honey Badgers being hard to kill I actually find hilarious. To hear that sound and just think....fuck.

Zaph

Gat out of Hell :(

I enjoyed SR4 but it's sad to get confirmation that all the SR3 goodwill is being spent rather than built upon.

I really hope that Ubisoft works to differ far cry 5 from 3 and 4 as that series has so much potential and it would suck to see the it become the new assassins creed.

I'm happy about the auto-drive, but sometimes it goes too far. I've had auto-drive cause me to fail a mission because it ended in a place where the enemy spotted me, automatically failing the mission. Also, the helper tokens feel useless so far. The only times where I've wanted to use them, the game hasn't allowed me to do so. And I have no idea how they want me to correctly take on assaulting a base camp. Supposedly you can do so without being detected, but I've never been able to kill one without others seeing me and then I have no idea what the alarm systems are about. I don't see any alarms so I don't know how to stop them from going off. Is there a trick I'm missing? None of the menu tutorials seem to help.

Edit: Meh, this isn't the Far Cry 4 thread. Maybe I should just stop. I guess in general, I'm frustrated with open world games. I've yet to finish one because they always get really monotonous.

I really enjoyed most of Far Cry 4 but I didn't spend much time with FC 3 so a lot of the mechanics were relatively fresh for me. Some of the later Shangri-la levels really dragged though.

[EDIT - My Kickstarter for Fry Cry 4, the hot new chef character-action game, coming soon!]

Myggen

I thought the main SR4 had a look that was too dark, but man do I hate everything about how Gat Out of Hell looks. They need to do something completely different to get me back into Saints Row, I'm just tired of the formula I think.

popo

Yup. I was going to come on here and ask it the game really looked that bad or it was a dodgy video encode.

Wunder

I thought the main SR4 had a look that was too dark, but man do I hate everything about how Gat Out of Hell looks. They need to do something completely different to get me back into Saints Row, I'm just tired of the formula I think.

yeah its kinda funny because Saint's Row have always had pretty bad crowds, except in Gat out of hell they are literally grey husks wandering around the streets.

Myggen

yeah its kinda funny because Saint's Row have always had pretty bad crowds, except in Gat out of hell they are literally grey husks wandering around the streets.

Jeff comments on how he thinks it looks pretty bad in the video, so it probably looks at least close to that on a TV. Dan's also talking about graphical gliches, some framerate problems etc., which is surprising given how bad the game looks visually. The SR series has never been a graphical powerhouse, but come on.

I'm in the same boat. I played 3 and 4 back to back a year ago and I feel like I've had my share of Saints Row unless they do something very different.

FluxWaveZ

I'm in the same boat. I played 3 and 4 back to back a year ago and I feel like I've had my share of Saints Row unless they do something very different.

Same. Perhaps coming from a different place because I'm one of those who preferred SR2 to its sequels, but I have no interest in Gat Out Of Hell and I only just realized that that's odd, when I'm a fan of the series.

Myggen

I never played SR4 on a PC, but watching the latter half of the SR4 QL when they play it on a PC, it's pretty clear that they didn't do much to the Xbone (and PS4 version, I'm guessing) version of the game. It just looks so much better on a PC running at a smooth 60 fps.

edit: I mean, look at this shit from about the 50 minute mark.

Megasoum

Banned
IMO SR4 was already a too tired formula to begin with and had almost no fun playing it. They really need to go back to the drawing board.

Anjin M

I have only played 3 and 4 and loved them both. What I would really like is for them to reboot the series and make it about moving up in the gang world, Shadow of Mordor Nemesis style.

Hopefully Volition takes a good hard look at their tech for whatever they put out next. Gat Out of Hell has no right looking like that and still performing as badly as it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom