• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
My guess is they're going to announce a way that Xbox and PC are connected under Windows 10 (perhaps a UI revamp for XBO?) or I could even see something crazy like if you own an Xbox One you can play games on your PC from it, kinda like remote play but a PC instead of a Vita. Maybe this year they'll actually follow up on saying they haven't abandoned PC gaming, in Phil Spencer we trust.

I think you're on the right track. A complete revamp and restructuring of the Xbox One UI to synchronize with Windows 10 (maybe it will even run Windows 10!) is probably what we will be seeing, along with DX12 coming into play on maybe one or two fall games. The all-seeing cloud will help both PC and Xbox to talk to each other and stream back and forth like nobody's business.

P.S. Any news on Metal Gear Scanlon 3? After playing MGS3 over the holidays I'm geared up for some more!

Still giantbomb's secret best endurance run although game room comes close

it isn't over man.

sunset riders is coming, believe :(

Did Jeff ever say who the other dude was? He was really funny.

iirc it was his last roommate when he was technically a roommate and not being absent for days/weeks.

The guy in the thread title!

once again

who?

Speaking of the latest UPF and Brad being weird, how does it make any goddamn sense whatsoever to hate on Puyo Puyo Tetris for not being classic Tetris while simultaneously praising Tetris Battle Gaiden - a game where the Tetris part of it is almost irrelevant.

because when he meant classic Tetris he's specifically talking about the ruleset from the original game. Battle tetris is mostly that plus magic and a shared pool and brad is just salty at the new rules added (like holding).

its like a fighting game player whining because a revision changed a lot of shit that they liked and added stuff they are not a fan of.

Myggen

IS it weird that I have a lot of respect for Larry?

I think he's terrible but I used to live in Kansas City about 15 years ago and back then he was just some bad comic that would come on the local rock station a few times a week.
I never thought I would hear more from him but he kept doing his act and found and audience and he got rich doing it. I respect when people do what they want to do and make their living doing it.

Ron White is fucking amazing.

Yes. Plenty of people who are bad at what they do have made tons of money doing it, doesn't mean I respect them for it. Adam Sandler is an amazing businessman and a garbage filmmaker. I don't respect him at all when the end product is that shit.

pcars.jpg

Something tells me someone is a investor in Project Cars

I know Brad posts here, but he seems a lot more negative lately.

He's a cool dude though... I wouldn't have been following him for what... 13 years, if he wasn't.

Megasoum

Banned
I know Brad posts here, but he seems a lot more negative lately.

He's a cool dude though... I wouldn't have been following him for what... 13 years, if he wasn't.

Lately?

He always only post negative stuff on GAF. That's too bad cause we could have great conversation with him like we do with Dan sometimes but instead he just replies to the troll baits.

Anjin M

Rudds, thanks for stopping by! Hey, while the cats are away at PAX, maybe the mice should play some Star Wars games. X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter? X-Wing Alliance? Eh, eh?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I like brad.

It must be a year now since the great demons souls breaking brad began. He should do another breaking brad soon.

In other news the lack of premium content lately is disappointing. Are we really only getting a maybe-upf-streamed-from-brad's-apartment this week?

Myggen

I like brad.

It must be a year now since the great demons souls breaking brad began. He should do another breaking brad soon.

In other news the lack of premium content lately is disappointing. Are we really only getting a maybe-upf-streamed-from-brad's-apartment this week?

Probably. And a Powerbombcast.

I like brad.

Wait why is it gonna be from Brad's apartment?

Myggen

Wait why is it gonna be from Brad's apartment?

Just him and Rorie in the office Friday. I think Brad mainly said that as a joke on last UPF, I'm guessing it'll be in office with maybe Vinny skyping in for a time or something? I'm sure Brad can handle the basics of the tricaster.

he's the only one coming to the office so we'll probably get some more wind waker HD as brad goes for the slowest speed run ever

Rorie too, I think. He's not at PAX at least.

tchocky

Are we going to get UPF this week the GB panels at Pax are on Friday and if the venues have streaming I imagine they would be on the site.

Frankiebass

Neo Member
Patr-

Nevermind.

No one

Brad and Vinny have been the team for the majority of RE quick looks I believe. I know that both love RE5 and Brad loved RE4. Obviously they aren't in the same studio anymore, but I'm willing to bed that one of them will be involved in it.

Myggen

Brad and Vinny have been the team for the majority of RE quick looks I believe. I know that both love RE5 and Brad loved RE4. Obviously they aren't in the same studio anymore, but I'm willing to bed that one of them will be involved in it.

RE4 is one of Dan's all time favourite games too.

Yes. Plenty of people who are bad at what they do have made tons of money doing it, doesn't mean I respect them for it. Adam Sandler is an amazing businessman and a garbage filmmaker. I don't respect him at all when the end product is that shit.

Eh, I have to agree with Sandler because his movies are bordering on full financial scams.

Mostly, it doesn't matter if I like someone or what they do (barring amoral or illegal activity).
Larry kept his act the same and kept doing it until it caught on and he has tons of fans and a good life. I can respect that.

PAX is the worst time of the year. At least we get some content for GDC.

It's worse now that there's 3 of them. I didn't mind them before because fuck, the duders deserves a break and to get to hang out with their peeps and whatnot. But coming off of the holiday drought and now a new PAX drought, well, yeah it kinda sucks. It's further compounded with GBeast setting up all over again and the recent lack of decent premium content.

TLDR: I feel ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom