• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still never finished either DP ER.

I should rewatch that at some point.

I rewatched most of the Persona 4 ER a yaer or so ago while I was trucking through P4 Golden and yeah... that thing still holds up.

Greatest thing the site has ever done and perfectly encapsulates the spirit of Giant Bomb at the time.

No way in hell a 150 episode long, 100 hour + playthrough of some silly JRPG would make it past a single production meeting these days.

Nishastra

Banned
I think I've watched the entire P4 ER four times now (actually just finished it again a week or two ago). Probably the same for the VJ DP ER, and three for the BR DP ER.

I barely made it through the Chrono Trigger ER once. The only video series I can think of where I fast-forwarded a lot on my first time through.

daydream

Banned
My first Endurance Run was Patrick/Ryan's Chrono Trigger ER. I found it as I played through the game for myself the first time. It's actually what got me fully into Giant Bomb.

And I loved it.

It's a great ER, haters be damned.

I should rewatch it in honour of Scoops.

apropos of nothing, i mentally reevaluated my Which Bomber is Which JoJo list and Brad should still be Jotaro, Coldman's objection be damned

there is A Reason for this that Coldman does not know yet since he hasn't read the Part 3 manga, but it is a GOOD Reason

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Nope!

From the same video (and this should make it obvious):

Person 1: Yeah and, you know, uh... Killian Rayne Smith, whatever his name is, was uh...
Person 2: What?
Person 1: What's his name?
Person 2: Who? Ray Liotta?
Person 1: Yeah, that guy!
Person 2: What? What did you call him?
Person 1: ...Ray Liotta.
Person 2: Killian Rayne Smith? What?
Person 1: Ray Liotta, I said Ray Liotta
Person 2: No, you didn't say anything close to-- Drew?
Person 1: Your headphones are bad!
Person 2: Shame on you!

>>>> did anyone end up guessing this hey guys i have a question <<<<

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
apropos of nothing, i mentally reevaluated my Which Bomber is Which JoJo list and Brad should still be Jotaro, Coldman's objection be damned

there is A Reason for this that Coldman does not know yet since he hasn't read the Part 3 manga, but it is a &#65279;&#65319;&#65327;&#65327;&#65316; Reason

I've read it but I still can't figure out why brad would be jotaro.

Jintor

Someone in the SOTU thread mentioned that Presidential stuff should be introed with pyro and giant monitors and now I'm thinking about a country where the political system is ruled entirely by wrestling

Lijik

Someone in the SOTU thread mentioned that Presidential stuff should be introed with pyro and giant monitors and now I'm thinking about a country where the political system is ruled entirely by wrestling

you dont have to imagine, they already made idiocracy
idiocracygunz1.gif

I've read it but I still can't figure out why brad would be jotaro.

the telence d'arby fight where jotaro starts playing fake rbi baseball and has no clue what he's doing, and joseph starts screaming "YOU SUCK" in jotaro's ear and that he must have never played a game before because he's so awful

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
the telence d'arby fight where jotaro starts playing fake rbi baseball and has no clue what he's doing, and joseph starts screaming "YOU SUCK" in jotaro's ear and that he must have never played a game before because he's so awful

Oh right.

That seems like a pretty obscure reference to stick an entire character onto brad. :p

Jeff is joseph joestar, btw.

danm999

My dream was that one day there'd be a P5 Endurance Run, but given Vinny and Jeff are on opposite sides of the country, and that it was the P4 characters that made the Endurance Run so good, it might be a thing best left alone.

FluxWaveZ

My dream was that one day there'd be a P5 Endurance Run, but given Vinny and Jeff are on opposite sides of the country, and that it was the P4 characters that made the Endurance Run so good, it might be a thing best left alone.

Well, it's probably safe to assume P5 will also have awesome characters.

What I would have wanted would just be Jeff and Vinny giving Persona 5 the "Endurance Look" treatment like they did with Devil Summoner 2... Ah well.

Oh right.

That seems like a pretty obscure reference to stick an entire character onto brad. :p

Jeff is joseph joestar, btw.

no, vinny is joseph

joseph is New York's JoJo, and also The Best

so he's vinny

(also brad is jotaro because they're both quiet badasses with hearts of gold. also i like imagining star platinum with a guinea pig head)

Randy42

So I've been listening to the giantbomb stuff since around last fall and something's been bugging me, especially with the recent podcast... do they not like Saints Row 2? They seem to like 3 and 4 but then use 2 as a negative note to compare 3 to which is nuts to me.

Saints Row 1 was awful garbage I couldn't even complete due to some of its mission's terrible designs, but that being said Saints Row 2 was one of my top games of last gen and possibly the best in the series. So it's crazy to me they don't come off as liking it - do any of you guys who've been listening for years know if they ever talked about it / what they thought of it more in depth maybe back around the time SR3 was released?

There is too much Royal Rumble hype. I want to get back in, and watch it, but I have not watched WWE since SummerSlam (when my original Network sub ended).- and I actually feel good about that, as watching was making me mad weekly.

So I've been listening to the giantbomb stuff since around last fall and something's been bugging me, especially with the recent podcast... do they not like Saints Row 2? They seem to like 3 and 4 but then use 2 as a negative note to compare 3 to which is nuts to me.

Saints Row 1 was awful garbage I couldn't even complete due to some of its mission's terrible designs, but that being said Saints Row 2 was one of my top games of last gen and possibly the best in the series. So it's crazy to me they don't come off as liking it - do any of you guys who've been listening for years know if they ever talked about it / what they thought of it more in depth maybe back around the time SR3 was released?

They liked it, but I think they all liked Saints Row The Third better. Jeff and Ryan forced the whole rest of the crew to play 3 as they liked it so much.

They talked about Saints Row 2 on release here...

Old Podcast! (30mins onwards)

Myggen

I don't remember specifics from earlier podcasts, but I remember Jeff never seeming to like SR2 that much (but not hating it or anything, but he just likes The Third so much better now). It's been so long since I played the game that I don't remember, but didn't you have to do a bunch of mandatory side missions in SR2? I seem to remember one of the best changes from SR2 to SR3 being that they scrapped that.

Randy42

They liked it, but I think they all liked Saints Row The Third better. Jeff and Ryan forced the whole rest of the crew to play 3 as they liked it so much.

They talked about Saints Row 2 on release here...

Old Podcast! (30mins onwards)

Thanks, once I finish this week's (still like an hour left) I'll give it a go from the 30~ minute mark

Myggen

Jason Oestreicher &#8207;@unastrike

I don't think you've known awkward until your baby-crazed mother-in-law says, "if you guys want to have sex in the pool, that'd be ok".

edit: Double post, sorry.

Alfredo

The Sphere Grid seems pretty simple. You get so many spheres that you can pretty much mindlessly activate every upgrade sphere as you come across it.

The HD version makes it even easier by giving you the ability to distill spheres, so there's no more worries about stuff like "Ability Sphere" droughts.

It only gets semi-complicated once you finish a character's grid and start leading them down other paths. And that's the brilliance of the Sphere Grid. It starts out super linear, forcing each character to play their class, but once you finish building that class, you're free to make them whatever you want. Turn Tidus into a black mage and Yuna into a warrior. Fun stuff.

there is A Reason for this that Coldman does not know yet since he hasn't read the Part 3 manga, but it is a &#65279;&#65319;&#65327;&#65327;&#65316; Reason

that is a good reason yeah

I don't remember specifics from earlier podcasts, but I remember Jeff never seeming to like SR2 that much (but not hating it or anything, but he just likes The Third so much better now). It's been so long since I played the game that I don't remember, but didn't you have to do a bunch of mandatory side missions in SR2? I seem to remember one of the best changes from SR2 to SR3 being that they scrapped that.

Yeah the main missions in SR2 required you to have a certain amount of respect which could be gained from a lot of things but the fastest way was to do the activity stuff. While that wasn't great I think it's better than turning the side activities into missions like 3 and 4 did.

Looking back on the series I'm really interested to see how SR5 turns out as the series still isn't sure what it wants to be.

Myggen

From Brad's Tumblr:

nltm asked: That SA giant bomb thread is still real bad. Just thought you should know. Ok bye.

I stopped looking at it months ago and noticed an improvement in my mental well being almost immediately.

GB NeoGAF thread confirmed as Brad's favourite.

Xater

He seemed to get it, just thought that it was a bad system. It's been so long since I've played FFX that I don't really remember that system anymore.

He just now got it though which is crazy.

Anyway Drew seems to be asleep through most of the Bombcast.

Nibel

To me, Jeff's Destiny rant in this week's Giantbombcast has like 0 authenticity after the GOTY.
KuGsj.gif

Well, yeah: what he says is 100% right, but the anger is baffling.

Myggen

To me, Jeff's Destiny rant in this week's Giantbombcast has like 0 authenticity after the GOTY.
KuGsj.gif

Well, yeah: what he says is 100% right, but the anger is baffling.

His rant during the GOTY podcast was a lot stronger than what he said this Bombcast. Him "siding" with Brad during GOTY was more because he didn't really have very strong feelings for the games it beat out for 10th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom