• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nothing's forcing me to listen to it, and I won't be. Don't much care who his guests are.

edit: Oh, it's Jason from Kotaku. There are at least three layers of I don't give a damn about this podcast.

Do people not like TB?

he's said some tasteless and ignorant things not too long ago during the great GG debate of 2014 and it hasn't sat well with some people, including myself. not that i was ever a big fan of him or any of the youtube personalities that have arisen in the last few years but at least they didn't have poop come out of their mouths.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I see. I did not follow gamer gate at all.
I like his personality in the videos he does though.

His videos are great. He might have been the first person on Youtube creating professional quality first impression videos, and a lot of his earlier stuff was as good or better than some of Giant Bomb's quick looks at the time.

He's a total jackass any time he speaks his mind though, going back to the Xbox DRM stuff and before with his general snobbery.

TB makes good content, but has said some really shitty things, to his fans and about GG. Called individuals in his fanbase 'very small fish' and claimed they don't matter, from what I remember. Dude's kind of just a dick, and tries to justify it.

(There's no justification, since plenty of people do similar work without being pricks)

sjack

Banned
Every time I hear about TB and what he's like and does, the more I'm glad I never bothered with any of his content. I'm also glad that I managed to, for the most part, complete ignore all the GG bullshit.

Sometimes Dan's questionable lifestyle pays off.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I changed my opinion on him when he went on bombin' a long while back, when he came across as a decent dude. Then he started being dumb with gamergate stuff and I went back to ignoring him.

Fjordson

I've always really enjoyed TotalBicuit's content, dating all the way back to his WoW Radio days.

But that's just going by his YouTube. Heard he's an ass on Twitter (don't have a Twitter) and I don't fully know what the whole GamerGate thing is.

Xater

I'm having fun with them. I completed it on the GC with Type C controls, but these new ones make for an interesting a new experience.

CVXFreak said the new controls break the game because it's even easier to just avoid enemies. I have no trouble believing that.

I've always really enjoyed TotalBicuit's content, dating all the way back to his WoW Radio days.

But that's just going by his YouTube. Heard he's an ass on Twitter (don't have a Twitter) and I don't fully know what the whole GamerGate thing is.

Basically he thinks the women receiving death/rape threats shouldn't make such a big deal about it because he's received threats before too. He also seems to hate women... like a lot.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
edit: Nevermind, it's not the TB is an ass discussion thread, wasn't necessary. People can look into the way he's acted if they want.

Took the plunge on Puyo Puyo Tetris! First time iporting a game, looks too good to pass up. The GB folk mentioned that menu translations were floating around, has anyone seen these?

Patryn

You're better off not. Just know that it was a mess of horribleness.

Fjordson

The one I remember is "You can not say a death threat was serious if the victim is still alive"

Basically he thinks the women receiving death/rape threats shouldn't make such a big deal about it because he's received threats before too. He also seems to hate women... like a lot.
Whaat? Really? That quote is...lmao, damn.

That's a shame. Quite like his channel, but this kinda colors his videos in a weird way.

Someone in that Shawn Elliott thread was seemingly on point saying he's the inverse James Rolfe :lol his YouTube character is a relaxed and seemingly nice guy, but in day to day life he's an asshole.

justjim89

If the tension in a game is completely hindered by having decent controls where your character runs where you tilt the stick, it probably wasn't a very well-designed game anyhow.

I love REmake, but if some folks think it's ruined by actually playing well then that's more indicative of the core game design being flawed.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
he says he used tumblr for a few years, but on the podcast he didn't seem to even know what it was

the intricate web of lies dan has weaved is starting to unravel

gkvVIsp.jpg

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
he says he used tumblr for a few years, but on the podcast he didn't seem to even know what it was

the intricate web of lies dan has weaved is starting to unravel

I used it to archive my GI articles, but I didn't know what it was supposed to be in the wider sense.

LegoArmo

I agree with TB, to be honest. I don't need my video game personalities to love me.

I find he and Jeff to be very similarly cynical.

Tank controls and inventory management are not "antiquated design". And if you want proof that the new controls break the game, look no further than Dan's zombie evasion spin-move at 11:50. Christ.

Curufinwe

That "breaking" of the game might be enough to get people like Dan to finish it with both characters. Meanwhile people who love the traditional controls can use them, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom