• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

SR2 was definitely the best open world game in the series, Stillwater was so much more interesting. But the story missions, writing and combat are much better in 3/4. Steelport is probably one of the most sterile and uninteresting cities I've explored in an open world game though.

Aaron

Also the first Crackdown is WAY BETTER than the hot mess that is Saints Row 4. The feel of everything and the world are just far superior. It's no contest. Plus Crackdown has a monster truck that climb walls.

derFeef

Also the first Crackdown is WAY BETTER than the hot mess that is Saints Row 4. The feel of everything and the world are just far superior. It's no contest. Plus Crackdown has a monster truck that climb walls.

Yeah, I liked SR4 but Crackdown is still the king for me in terms of precise open world platforming. WIth SR4 you kinda just push into one direction and that'S it.

Brashnir

Too bad Crackdown 2 was such a steaming pile.

I was also kind of surprised that they didn't have positive memories of SR2. I loved that game. I thought that game was the follow-up to San Andreas the world deserved, instead of GTA IV.

Myggen

jeff gerstmann did not employ me

image.php

Everything Wiseau has done since demonstrates he has a complete lack of self awareness, capped by an AV Club interview a few weeks ago where he called the interviewer a prick.

Everyone should read that interview, it's so good.

danm999

Saint's Row 3 writing and atmosphere is excellent and nails the tone they're going for. Comparisons to Sharknado are totally inappropriate, given that series is completely lazy, has no tone, and is all premise, no execution.

I also think comparing The Room to Saints Row 2 is a bit unfair as well (to Saints Row that is). Saints Row 2 clearly understood the humour and tone it was going for, and while it didn't always make it, it at least hit the mark more often than not. You can actually see the evolution of the stuff Volition was going for in SR2 in Saints Row 3. The people making those games knew where the strengths in their series lay, and slowly worked towards it over the years.

Whereas The Room was never intended to be a cult classic dark comedy, no matter what face saving Tommy Wiseau has attempted to do in years since. It was supposed to be a serious drama about a man being betrayed by everything in his life and somehow was this perfect miracle of hilarity that had nothing to do with intent. Everything Wiseau has done since demonstrates he has a complete lack of self awareness, capped by an AV Club interview a few weeks ago where he called the interviewer a prick.

Wunder

I was also kind of surprised that they didn't have positive memories of SR2. I loved that game. I thought that game was the follow-up to San Andreas the world deserved, instead of GTA IV.

SR2 is amazing. I have yet to replay it, but I liked it better than SR3 when I played that.

a dog will at least serve as a decent alarm and a form of home defense depending on their size. a cat will do neither and, if anything, will help criminals get into your home because they're jerks and just want to go outside and scratch things.

you can love cats, but dogs are where it is at.

I mean if you want to treat it as a tool, then sure, dogs are probably better tools than cats.

naw, not that i treat my pup like that but it's more of an added perk of having him. the added perk of having a cat is that you get to buy new furniture every few years because your pet really likes scratching the legs of your couch.

im just being a jerk. cats are fine, just love seeing cat people get defensive :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom