• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
naw, not that i treat my pup like that but it's more of an added perk of having him. the added perk of having a cat is that you get to buy new furniture every few years because your pet really likes scratching the legs of your couch.

im just being a jerk. cats are fine, just love seeing cat people get defensive :p

I'm just joshing with dog people too.

Ya know, I really like dogs too, but fuck all those dogs in my neighbourhood who keep on barking at me just because I walked past their fence.

Dany

Banned
I love cats and hate Yoshi's Island. What now?

image.php

KingKong

I know the Day-Z knockoff genre isnt known for quality but you'd think Sony at least could make something that doesn't look and feel like shit

I know the Day-Z knockoff genre isnt known for quality but you'd think Sony at least could make something that doesn't look and feel like shit

to be fair, DayZ set a pretty low bar when it comes to the zombie-survival mmo genre. It feels like MMOs pre-WoW, where there are plenty of ok games in the genre but they all kinda play and look like a mess.

hamchan

It's crazy that every single game in the genre seems to be in early access and fairly broken. When is a proper polished game in this genre ever gonna come out?

Oh man this Resident Evil HD QL.

Dan "These new controls are pretty great".

*Proceeds to lose his sense of direction at nearly every camera change and easily juke nearly every zombie he doesn't kill*

Havent kept up with the duders, where are they headed to? Just noticed both Jeff and Dan tweeted something about boarding a plane right now

Zaph

to be fair, DayZ set a pretty low bar when it comes to the zombie-survival mmo genre. It feels like MMOs pre-WoW, where there are plenty of ok games in the genre but they all kinda play and look like a mess.
Yeah, it's kinda weird there's been no well-funded breakout hit in that genre yet. Seems ripe for some publisher to jump in and make some incredible single-server persistent survival game.

Would be cool to see a dev try to procedurally generate a map similar to the world and have people spawn approximately close to their actual location.

WWII Online did something similar for Europe. Incredible game - everything was realtime and a war would last months. Clans would wake up in the middle of the night and spend hours flying in paratroopers in the cover of darkness. Good times.

Myggen

Havent kept up with the duders, where are they headed to? Just noticed both Jeff and Dan tweeted something about boarding a plane right now

PAX South. Him, Dan, Alex and Drew are going. Panel will be on Friday, not sure if it's live streamed or not (will be recorded in any case).

So I'm watching the grim fandango making of, and it seems like tim has a picture of ryan davis on his desk? That's really sweet of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNhE7zxJymE

Yeah, he seems to have had that picture on his desk for a good while. Has been shown in a few Double Fine videos now :)

popo

No I think that was in the past. iirc the cat in question just showed up on his doorstep.

Where is that from? I assumed it came with his new "lodger".

Hope he has someone to feed it while he is at PAX or it might quickly end up like "Cat".

the rule as always is dont buy early access unless you will enjoy the way it is RIGHT THEN

dont buy on promises ever (man its almost like you shouldnt pre order games either)

demidar

Where is that from? I assumed it came with his new "lodger".

Hope he has someone to feed it while he is at PAX or it might quickly end up like "Cat".

One of those Bombcast emails where the person has only listened to the Bombcast and tried to piece together what they looked like and their personalities solely from their voice. The email said Jeff would have a cat named Cat and Brad said that's not fair because that actually happened. My memory is a little fuzzy though so it's probably not 100% right.

Well I certainly have more faith in the game that has seen more changes within days than the other has since entering early access.

All I know of H1Z1 was the hullabaloo about the devs saying you can't buy power preior to release and then when it did release you could buy high tier weaponry via a care package.

Xater

All I know of H1Z1 was the hullabaloo about the devs saying you can't buy power preior to release and then when it did release you could buy high tier weaponry via a care package.

Which was already tweaked and probably will continue to be as the game develops.

Well, I hope it works out for you.

Not sure what's supposed to work out for me. I have no investment in it. I am not playing the game and I am not planning to at this point. I just like the idea of these survival games so I try to keep being informed and hope one gets actually done.

the rule as always is dont buy early access unless you will enjoy the way it is RIGHT THEN

dont buy on promises ever (man its almost like you shouldnt pre order games either)

Exactly.

Myggen

I once went to an awful concert where the rapper played the dance hall air horn sound between almost every song. Meme Run reminds me of that.

demidar

Which was already tweaked and probably will continue to be as the game develops.

They had to after that outcry, but betraying your previous word just makes me extra cautious, even if it did get fixed because what the fuck were you thinking devs?

Aerocrane

I'm mildly curious about how horrible the Meme Run miiverse is

Pretty mild: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073506714725/14866558073506714739
Probably because Nintendo moderates Miiverse heavily.

The sniper rifle gif was changed to a shitty MS Paint image of a sniper rifle, probably to avoid getting delisted for copyright infringement.

what was the game that Jeff referred to in the meme run QL, the FPS? It was similar to meme run in "annoyance" but funnier?

GAME OF THE YEAR: 420BLAZEIT vs. xxXilluminatiXxx [wow/10 #rekt edition] Montage Parody The Game

available for download at http://www.gameoftheyear420blazeit.com/

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I was really hoping that the meme run Quick Look would just turn into 15 minutes of the Substitute after 30 seconds of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom