• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Metal Gear Scanlon 2 - Part 07
PREMIUM VIDEO ON NOV 25, 2014 12:01 AM

We did it, guys. We wished really hard and it came true.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man "Fatman" is such a ridiculous character name, i know it's referencing the code name for the atomic bomb but it just sounds silly to me. Equally silly is the fact that he drinks wine from a cup and moves in roller-skates, oh Kojima.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man "Fatman" is such a ridiculous character name, i know it's referencing the code name for the atomic bomb but it just sounds silly to me. Equally silly is the fact that he drinks wine from a cup and moves in roller-skates, oh Kojima.

There's a bisexual vampire called Vamp in this game and that's what you pick on?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I almost stopped playing MGS2 because Vamp was such a stupid name. I had no attachment to the series because I didn't play the first one, and by the time they called him Vamp and implied he was a vampire, I just about put it down for good.

I almost stopped playing MGS2 because Vamp was such a stupid name. I had no attachment to the series because I didn't play the first one, and by the time they called him Vamp and implied he was a vampire, I just about put it down for good.

Vamp being a vampire would have been better than the actual explanation for his powers.

Antiwhippy

Looking at the Smash bros quick look and man, I didn't know that the binding of isaac cribbed that much from the original zelda.

Haunted

The new Geo Wars seems like a logical progression from Galaxies, it has a similar structure and many of the same modes and changes - but now the levels are in three dimensions.

And... I'm not sure how much I like this. It's definitely a huge change with big implications, and the quick and panicky camera movements I've seen in that cube-shaped boss stage didn't look super great or seemed super fun to play.

As someone who agrees that all the additions and changes they've made since the first one made the game lose some of that "purity" that made the first one so special and addictive, I really did end up liking the balance they struck with Galaxies.

But completely changing the playing field like this might be a step too far for me. I suppose I have to try it out for myself and see how it feels with a controller in hand, but watching them play... I could see some of these levels being not much fun (also, I'm not a guy who gets motion sick, but I can really easily see that happening in this game to those who are prone to that).

AcridMeat

Banned
Just watched the Psycho Mantis boss fight episode of MGS. The post fight cutscene is where I'm finally understanding why people love the stories of these games. Some pretty awesome stuff for 98.

Renpatsu

Fatman comes so close to you while he's skating around you might as well just use CQC to knock him down to the ground.

Edit: Doesn't matter really, Drew is knocking it out of the park with his claymores.
Edit: And they figured it out for the win at the end too.

grapetile

Neo Member
It wasn't Pizza Hut for me, but my elementary school had a program where if you read enough books you could get a soda or popcorn every Friday. I made sure to read enough every week to get both.

I wish I had the Pizza Hut deal near me though. That would've been incredible to 10 year old me.

justjim89

Man, my soul needs some Metal Gear Scanlon tonight. Literally all of my family supports Darren Wilson and curses the protesters and it's just fucking me up so bad.

Take me away, Drew.

How did they check that you read the whole book?

The way my school did it was that you had to check the book out of the school library or bring a book into to school and read it in the library, and they would mark you card for each book you "read".

EDIT: BTW this is the type of pizza you got, it's a called a personal pan pizza, still remember it like yesterday.

pizza-hut-personal-pan-pizza.jpg

demidar

The way my school did it was that you had to check the book out of the school library or bring a book into to school and read it in the library, and they would mark you card for each book you "read".

EDIT: BTW this is the type of pizza you got, it's a called a personal pan pizza, still remember it like yesterday.

That pizza doesn't look too bad.

grapetile

Neo Member
How did they check that you read the whole book?

My school made us take tests that were designed around that specific book. It would ask specific questions that you'd only know if you had read the book.

That didn't really stop me from gaming it and just taking the test over and over until I got the right answers, but that's beside the point.

Admittedly, it's been a very long time, but I think my elementary school required us to write a few sentences about the book before the teacher/librarian gave the stamp.

Antiwhippy

I seriously can't wait to see drew try to piece everything together by the end of the series and just melt into a pool of pure consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom