• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Wow. Seriously amazing stuff. Scripting breaking, session errors in offline mode, hard locks. Definitely top 10 game of the year material right here.

William

I really want to play this game, loved Far Cry 3, but my PC is at the minimum specs end of the range, so based on Vinny's test run here I think I might wait till I pick up a PS4 for this one (or if I ever get around to upgrading).

lol at "Straight out of Karate Town" whilst shooting at the driver.

I really want to play this game, loved Far Cry 3, but my PC is at the minimum specs end of the range, so based on Vinny's test run here I think I might wait till I pick up a PS4 for this one (or if I ever get around to upgrading).

Keep in mind that Vinny is streaming at the same time, which takes a toll on the framerate as well.

With new AAA games they should run two QLs, one from GBWest that's a standard "is this game good" and one from GBEast that's just Vinny breaking the game.

komplanen

I missed the early parts but what did Vinny do to break the game like this? Also is he running it on a mobile phone or is the shitty framerate just the stream choaking?

I was happy with the performance on PS4. The main technical annoyance was that the game was really picky about what constituted a death-causing fall. You learn the limits though to work around it.

[EDIT -
I missed the early parts but what did Vinny do to break the game like this? Also is he running it on a mobile phone or is the shitty framerate just the stream choaking?
The game wouldn't launch for him at all in online or offline mode. Once it eventually worked, he ran into a bunch of scripting issues.]

Coonce

GB chat is saying it's because he had a controller plugged in, and it's his PC, not the stream.

The game doesn't work properly because he has a controller plugged in? What is this, 2001?

there appears to be a huge issue with FC4 on the PC where the scripting is a total mess during the first hour or so if you use a controller.

seems like the type of glaring and awful bug that most companies would burn the midnight oil to fix. but not our friends at ubisoft, they just simply ran out of fucks to give.

Zaph

there appears to be a huge issue with FC4 on the PC where the scripting is a total mess during the first hour or so if you use a controller.

seems like the type of glaring and awful bug that most companies would burn the midnight fuel to fix. but not our friends at ubisoft, they just simply ran out of fucks to give.

Wow.

The game doesn't work properly because he has a controller plugged in? What is this, 2001?

It's Ubisoft. I found myself constantly falling through the world and have had tons of graphics issues despite having the game bundled with my 970. I'm not surprised at all that he's having trouble. It's really frustrating, too, because I love the collecting, the use of elephants, and the variety of weapons and wildlife. It's annoying that the game has so many issues.

Edit: Did Ubisoft try to account for a controller handicap or did the different icon loading cause all these issues? It's just weird.

Second Edit: With that said, it's weird to me that people want to play PC FPS games with a controller.

BigBoss

seems like the type of glaring and awful bug that most companies would burn the midnight fuel to fix. but not our friends at ubisoft, they just simply ran out of fucks to give.

They still haven't fixed that glitch? WTF, I remember Patrick running into that bug when he played it when it first came out.

^I had no idea the game was that broken. Luckily I got enough modern Far Cry from 3.

I love Vinny calling out the game's bullshit (like making the obviously short jump).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom