• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy shit, it looks amazing for a Wii game! It looks super clean and smooth. I guess the explanation is that there's barely anything going on on-screen in the game except for the two characters, so they can put all the Wii's resources into making them look good.. but STILL! I may need to get this for my Wii U.

The art style goes a long way and then the lack of AA is hidden by the stream quality/compression.

the junior -> member thing is weird and I can't remember what the deal is with it except wait for a while

anyway, Punch-Out Wii is really good and it feels really good. the way the rumble comes in as your punches connect, the animations, the rhythm of the music, it's all great

daydream

Banned
Holy shit, it looks amazing for a Wii game! It looks super clean and smooth. I guess the explanation is that there's barely anything going on on-screen in the game except for the two characters, so they can put all the Wii's resources into making them look good.. but STILL! I may need to get this for my Wii U.

It's on the NA eShop for 10 bucks atm (50% launch week discount that lasts till 01/29). It's ~4GB, though, so keep that in mind.

Not sure how expensive retail copies are in the US. I remember the game being super cheap for a while in EU (like 15€ cheap).

Zaph

Any word on whether or not the two Brad & Vinny streams so far are getting archived?

Have them ready to go for Unarchived, but don't want to step on toes if they're definitely going up on the site.

It's on the NA eShop for 10 bucks atm (50% launch week discount that lasts till 01/29). It's ~4GB, though, so keep that in mind.

Not sure how expensive retail copies are in the US. I remember the game being super cheap for a while in EU (like 15€ cheap).

You can get the disc directly from Nintendo for $11.

It bombed in the UK, I know that much, so no surprises at either the price plummeting or the game not being on the EU Wii U eShop just yet.

Tan

I'm losing my mind at brad flawlessly dodging everything from the left and getting hit by everything from the right

repeater

A quick search revealed that you can find it for less than (our equivalent of) 10 Euros here in Sweden. That seems.. very reasonable (and I prefer a physical copy anyway to buying digital, especially with Nintendo and their network solutions..).

daydream

Banned
Brad got through a good chunk! Hope he comes back to this soon (need to repeat my request: Brad vs. Dan race in Punch-Out!! pls).

A quick search revealed that you can find it for less than (our equivalent of) 10 Euros here in Sweden. That seems.. very reasonable (and I prefer a physical copy anyway to buying digital, especially with Nintendo and their network solutions..).

A steal at that price!

Myggen

Which live show is worth watching if i had to choose.

today and yesterday? and is there a link for today? thx xoxo

Do you mean of the streams? Watch Vinny's if that's on Twitch, I haven't seen it posted here yet (he also said he was recording it himself, so hopefully he can upload it on the site). Aside from technical issues it was a great stream.

This Brad stream is also good. I didn't catch much of yesterday's stream.

All of them. Check the twitch.tv/giantbomb archives I guess!

Brad's broadcasting from http://twitch.tv/bradshoemaker. Was Vinny using the GB Twitch channel?

tumblr_n0boquIkhH1tr79wjo1_250.gif

Myggen

How powerful is Vinnys computer? I noticed some issues in the Far Cry 4 video.

not counting the fail scripting. :p

He talked about maybe needing an upgrade on Twitter after the video (it worked much better after he stopped streaming, imagine that). So it's probably a few years old by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom