• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How the fuck does Punch-Out!! not support every Wii input method under the sun

fucking duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

Yep. No reason at all that this game couldn't have used the pro controller except Nintendo insisting that you really really do like motion controls in everything, no really you do.

even more so, how the fuck is it double the size of Galaxy 2?

Nintendo made such a big deal about "filling up the DVD" when that came out. Silliest PR shit ever.

Yep. No reason at all that this game couldn't have used the pro controller except Nintendo insisting that you really really do like motion controls in everything, no really you do.

But that's the thing, you can play with it on the side just like it's the NES game. Why that same control method wasn't available via the CC, the CC Pro, the Gamecube controller or even the fucking DK Bongos I don't know.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You can just play it normally with the buttons.

You need the sensor bar and pointer for the menus, and there's still no reason at all that you couldn't play it normally with buttons using the pro controller that was on the Wii. Things like this are why I'd never spend a dime on a Nintendo peripheral, even when it would be perfect for the game they never use the bullshit they sell to people.

Youtube videos are more about personalities than content when it comes to popularity. I don't typically care for those personalities most of the time, but that's how it is.

daydream

Banned
Brad's having a bit of trouble with Glass Joe.

Someone will probably tell him soon but he's not supposed to punch willy-nilly (that's why his stamina goes down) but only after dodging (and to disrupt special enemy punches, of course).

Seems like he's getting into the swing.

Megasoum

Banned
Brad actually got punch out working!

Why not? Just got home, was he having difficulty playing it?

He's playing on WiiU I imagine?

I tried it on Dolphin the other day and I was impressed on how easy and smooth the whole process went. Ran extremely well too with a ton of AA and supersampling.

Why not? Just got home, was he having difficulty playing it?

He's playing on WiiU I imagine?

I tried it on Dolphin the other day and I was impressed on how easy and smooth the whole process went. Ran extremely well too with a ton of AA and supersampling.

He was trying to use the gamepad as a sensor bar, and even tried that thing with the candles.

I swear Vinny could play Pong and make it hilarious. And how is the PC version of Far Cry 4 still this busted? It's nuts all the issues he's running into in this first video.

Megasoum

Banned
I feel like they changed the number of posts you need but the faq hasn't been updated.

I actually asked Evilore on Twitter the other day for one of my friend but never got a reply.

Actually the only reply I got was a guy linking to the neo_fag subreddit....

repeater

Playing on WiiU.
Holy shit, it looks amazing for a Wii game! It looks super clean and smooth. I guess the explanation is that there's barely anything going on on-screen in the game except for the two characters, so they can put all the Wii's resources into making them look good.. but STILL! I may need to get this for my Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom