• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

I've lived in and around San Antonio for the past three years and I promise you there is nothing special about Whataburger. Dan was just hung over.

Megasoum

Banned
okami should be number one

it's the best zelda game
it's the best looking game you can get on last gen consoles
it's made by hideki kamiya and atsushi inaba
it's been worked on by clover, rad and hexadrive

I never played Okami... I should probably play it someday.... I've heard that it had a really really slow start though.

Megasoum

Banned
The start is slow but the bigger problem is that it goes on too long.

Bleh I'll stick to Zelda then.

I'm 3/4 way through Wind Waker HD... First time I play it since the original release on gamecube.

It's been great so far except the Earth Temple that I'm going through right now. I fucking hate games that forces you to hand hold an AI character through a part of the game...ugh.

Brashnir

Bleh I'll stick to Zelda then.

I'm 3/4 way through Wind Waker HD... First time I play it since the original release on gamecube.

It's been great so far except the Earth Temple that I'm going through right now. I fucking hate games that forces you to hand hold an AI character through a part of the game...ugh.

Uh, "The start is slow and everything goes on way too long" is a staple of Zelda.

okami has many of the same problems that everyone rips on modern 3D zeldas for, but waaaaay worse (the intro and text speed is just astoundingly slow, and issun's level of repetitive dialogue and puzzle spoiling is basically the stereotype about Fi from Skyward Sword but not exaggerated) and with some crazy problems of its own (the pacing is bizarre, the story has no idea what the fuck it wants to be outside of just a random pastiche of mixed-up japanese mythology, the load times on the PS2 version are insane, the boss fight repeating is just over the top, etc.)

it's a good game, but people give a lot of it a huge pass based on the art style, clover pedigree, and the "underdog" comparison to zelda

Today I have to put together 4 flatpack things

Including 2 of these monstrosities ...

jUA2vty.jpg

I am going to need a lot of old Bombcast to help me through this hard time

Pray for me BombGAF

whatburger is way above mcdonalds or BK quality, but below five guys or most restaurant burgers. I agree with the comment about for 4 bucks its great though

popo

Flat pack furniture is great. Especially Ikea. It is like Lego for adults, plus you get something useful at the end of it.

Zaph

Dan's Twitter is hilarious.

If he finds Jeff and Dave Lang, I hope Lang's reaction to his Skynyrd nonsense is recorded somewhere.

Plasma

Banned
I don't know if anyone has posted it yet but I finished Saints Row Gat out of Hell and they used the same music for the final boss fight as Giant Bomb did for the TNT intro.

Jrmint

Guys what was the first Bombcast that Patrick was on as a regular member of the staff?

Edit - Found it 4/19/11 for anyone wondering.

Dan's Tumblr:

Anonymous asked: Gimme ten must-watch movies. Movies you think everyone has to have seen to be a true 'Murican.

Terminator 2
Commando
Big Trouble in Little China
All Rockys except V
There Will Be Blood
Die Hard
The Dark Knight
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Saving Private Ryan
MacGruber

I don't understand how There Will Be Blood ended up on this list. Doesn't seem like a Dan movie.

Dany

Banned
Dan has seen There will Be Blood, loved it enough to place it on a list.

THe fuck. I literally can not envision him sitting still for that movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom