• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
It's funny. Out of the already released PS4/XBone games, it's mostly (spiritual) sequels to XBLA titles that make the wait a bit difficult for me, namely Transistor, Geometry Wars 3 and Trials: Fusion. Oh, D4, Strider and Valiant Hearts, too. XBLA games in spirit, let's say (some of them are, in fact, on 360). These interest me way more than all the "big" titles. Not that surprising for me personally, though (I have about 35 retail games for 360 and over 100 XBLA titles).

Other than D4 most of them are out on the PC already.

Don't have a Gaming PC. Granted, my laptop is good for most indies but even so, I only play the ones that I have no console option for on it.

It's funny. Out of the already released PS4/XBone games, it's mostly (spiritual) sequels to XBLA titles that make the wait a bit difficult for me, namely Transistor, Geometry Wars 3 and Trials: Fusion. Oh, D4, Strider and Valiant Hearts, too. XBLA games in spirit, let's say (some of them are, in fact, on 360). These interest me way more than all the "big" titles. Not that surprising for me personally, though (I have about 35 retail games for 360 and over 100 XBLA titles).

I mostly played XBLA games on my 360. Off the top of my head I can only name two retail games I finished on the console (Bayonetta and Alan Wake) and I had the thing for almost the entire generation. And I never had a PS3 either. Now almost all the big indie games are released on PC, too, so I don't need a console for those either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'know, reading about the Patriot's plan and also the concept of human instrumentality at the same time (for a little refresher) might not be such a good idea after all.

Xater

Will Drew ever learn to not just walk into a room in go into first person? Leaning against a wall is there for a reason.

so1337

I went back and read Patrick's review of The Evil Within because I finished it this weekend. I think it might be my favorite game of the year. I thought it was an extremly weird and creative evolution of some of the ideas that were presented in RE4.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/the-evil-within-review/1900-681/

Maybe it's just me but the text doesn't even remotely read like a 2. Shame about all the crashes he experienced though. Didn't happen to me once.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just remembered that Jeff and the guys discussed backwards compatibility before the new gen consoles were announced, i think they specifically talked about xbox live arcade downloads and how it would be crazy not being able to play your old games in your new system. I want to hear that again and see if i'm right, does anyone know which bombcast i'm talking about?

Zaph

I just remembered that Jeff and the guys discussed backwards compatibility before the new gen consoles were announced, i think they specifically talked about xbox live arcade downloads and how it would be crazy not being able to play your old games in your new system. I want to hear that again and see if i'm right, does anyone know which bombcast i'm talking about?

I could be misremembering, but didn't they say the exact opposite? That of course 360 downloads wont work, as there's no real technical difference between emulating a download game and a disc game.

RamBoleyn

Banned
Even though there are true classics that birthed from XBLA, given the fact that most of them are now easily available on PC (and also cheap), there's not much need for the accessibility they talked about.

Except for Shadow Complex. (!!!)

I enjoyed watching someone actually use tactics against Fatman. For as long as I can remember, all I ever did to beat him was unload a full clip into him, which makes him fall down. Then unload tranqs into his head. Takes no time at all and isn't very fun.

Drew makes this game fun again.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I could be misremembering, but didn't they say the exact opposite? That of course 360 downloads wont work, as there's no real technical difference between emulating a download game and a disc game.

Shit i think you are right, i do remember hearing something like that. Now i really want to track down that bombcast to find out what they said but it's gonna be hard.

tchocky

Shit i think you are right, i do remember hearing something like that. Now i really want to track down that bombcast to find out what they said but it's gonna be hard.

Check the bombcasts after the Xbox One reveal they probably mention it then, so probably late May 2013.

Xater

Yep, your are right. That is exactly how the discussion went. They were just stating the obvious because there were some people even here on GAF thinking that downloadable games should work despite that clearly not happening because of the architecture change.

Flatlander woman.

Yoshi T. Koopalingus.

Laputan machine.

tumblr_mwcfzs76WY1qeuiqyo4_250.gif

hamchan

Soon we will be getting into hardcore anime discussion.

I really hope Dan doesn't actually watch Eva. I'm not sure it'll click for him.

It'll be a trap because for most of its run it's awesome stuff like giant mechas fighting big monsters and the psychological effects that has on the kids who pilot them, which I think Dan will like, and then after that it starts descending into bullshit.

Even though there are true classics that birthed from XBLA, the fact that most of them are now easily available on PC (and also cheap), there's not much need for the accessibility they talked about.

Except for Shadow Complex. (!!!)

I would also like Rez HD on PC, but I know that's never happening. I do hope we eventually get a Shadow Complex 2.

The thing is, I want him to go in blind, but I want him to know the history behind why certain characters are the way they are. I still hate Eva, but understanding why Shinji is such a baby really helps not hate him so badly.

So, Sphere...

Spoilers:
Anyone else get Persona 4 vibes when Norman started talking about the Shadow self and Henry ignoring it and refusing to believe that side of him existed?

KingKong

haha Drew has so many super close boss battles, that has to be frustrating
standing right next to fatman with a sliver of health and a bomb, with 6 seconds left, and unable to defuse it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom