• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished listening to the panel on Mixlr! Really cool! Jeff is super facinating to listen too, seems like he has such a solid grasp on the industry.

HOLY FUCK THAT FIRST POST-PANEL QUESTION THOUGH OH GOD

Alfredo

I'm at the Giant Bomb Royal Rumble meet up and am participating in Dan's crazy bingo thing. I was second to last when #6 and #27 were the possible choices. I drew #6. ><

This is fun, though! Watching wrestling with other people, regardless of Jeff and Dan's presence, is great!

Cranzor

Is that what he asked? At first, I thought he did too, but I went back and it sounded more like he was asking what good things would have happened if Ryan were still around. Still kind of a weird question. I may have misheard though.

Anjin M

Just got done listening to the Jeff Q&A off of jefflr and something struck me a strange. There was a guy talking to Jeff after the GB panel who mentioned his bipolar diagnosis. If that the same dude from the Jeff Q&A panel? And if so, did he really take up a slot just so that he could say something in front of a crowd that he'd already said in person? Because that seems messed up if I'm right.

^You know me too well
0NbDfW9.png

When did Dan's dad meet Ian?

Just tossing it out their... What if they just do pre selected EMAILS! at panels and leave the face to face fan stuff for the meet and greet events afterwards?

Mully

they pretty much did that for the Note Cards in a Hat panel and it worked out way better.

Notecards panel was great. The guys did a meet and greet before and after, and did a live GBcast in between. It was well planned.

That said, I think they're obligated to do QA at PAX panels because it's a fan convention.

Myggen

Just tossing it out their... What if they just do pre selected EMAILS! at panels and leave the face to face fan stuff for the meet and greet events afterwards?

Well, the Ryan question did come after the panel, so I'm not sure how that changes anything. The actual questions at the panel weren't bad at all, it's just that Jeff left Mixlr on for the duration of people asking him questions after the panel, so we got to hear the more awkward post panel questions.

The Lang/Jeff panel was one of the best panels GB has ever done imo.

WTF. I always never liked the Q&A part of the panel, but man...

It wasn't part of the panel.

edit: The guy who did that awesome MGScanlon fan art met the crew at PAX and got them to sign the pictures.

Crap, I read Jeff's blog and realized GDC is on the same week as PAX East this year. Sucks if they end up not doing anything with GDC because of that.

Judging from my Tweeter I'll go ahead and asume that something dumb happened during Wrestling. Gasp, the thought alone!

If you want to see 18,000 people spend a hour booing almost everything that happens I subject watching this years Royal Rumble match. That level and duration of salt is a beautiful sight.

Its like they are booking wrestling like MS handled those early Xbox events right now. They have a plan and by god they are at least fronting like they are going to see it through even if no one actually wants it.

So the wrestling hate is about how a story progressed or what?

Ok. So there is a young guy who has been around a few years the WWE really wants to make a big star and I think most people agree the guy has a lot of potential.

The problem is now that they are finally pushing this guy to the moon they are going about it super ham fisted and doing all the boring super strong good guy over coming the odds stuff that is super stale and lame and its pushing people away.

Its something everyone knew was coming from a while and where OK with but now that its happening the company is going about it all wrong and it is resulting in horrible TV that no one is happy with.

Aerobatics

Neo Member
Can someone explain what happened tonight and what's the significance of it?

Did Vince McMahon lock the audience of the royal rumble in a room and release poison gas?

Jintor

Can someone explain what happened tonight and what's the significance of it?

Did Vince McMahon lock the audience of the royal rumble in a room and release poison gas?

that would be an incredible storyline

and then...

time travel

To be honest with you, I really do think the VGCW is the pinnacle of wrestling entertainment because it's more random, has to adapt on the fly, and you can do bullshit like time travel in it (do you think time travel and shadow personas and shit is beyond the WWE's ken? They've had supernatural bullshit before... I wonder where the limit is)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ok. So there is a young guy who has been around a few years the WWE really wants to make a big star and I think most people agree the guy has a lot of potential.

The problem is now that they are finally pushing this guy to the moon they are going about it super ham fisted and doing all the boring super strong good guy over coming the odds stuff that is super stale and lame and its pushing people away.

Its something everyone knew was coming from a while and where OK with but now that its happening the company is going about it all wrong and it is resulting in horrible TV that no one is happy with.

As somebody who has no interest in or knowledge about Wrestling this seems like a weird thing to get upset about.
Getting upset about Chelsea buying a former player of Arsenal though. Now that's something worth the anger!
Fuck Chelsea

Just got done listening to the Jeff Q&A off of jefflr and something struck me a strange. There was a guy talking to Jeff after the GB panel who mentioned his bipolar diagnosis. If that the same dude from the Jeff Q&A panel? And if so, did he really take up a slot just so that he could say something in front of a crowd that he'd already said in person? Because that seems messed up if I'm right.
I think it's just a way to get Jeff to realise who it is speaking. A few other people did it too.

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't even him who had BPD but his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom