• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Euuughhh

nah

418327-av_graph_super.png

You know you want it.

"Read the Facts: What the media & Wikipedia didn't tell you about #GamerGate"

Man, GAF ads got weird.

yeah, noticed that a while ago. also noticed today that GG are having a shit fit about GB because Maya Kramer put a game by one of her friends in her top 10.

Hey, I know the guitarist from one of the bands I put in my top 10 albums this year. Ethical breach!

yeah, noticed that a while ago. also noticed today that GG are having a shit fit about GB because Maya Kramer put a game by one of her friends in her top 10.

Hey, I know the guitarist from one of the bands I put in my top 10 albums this year. Ethical breach!
oh no not the sanctity of giant bomb guest top ten lists

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Saw that thread now. They don't seem to realise that these top 10 lists are a place for people to write whatever they want. Didn't one list rank Pokemon this time?
They talk about it like it's some kind of Associated Press misrepresentation of a country or something. Bunch of weirdos.

edit: While looking up that garbage I found a weird thing. Why is that GB article 1:1 on Yahoo News? Is that a thing that site does or some kind of partnership?

Aerobatics

Neo Member
let's be honest here, it should probably be jojo

yesterday I had a brief moment where time froze and I thought about drawing the GB as part 3 dudes

I didn't though because I'm not insane

daydream

Banned
oh god pre ios 7 on an old ipod touch.

Fascinating something that is just a few years old feels like a relic of history.

Mainly use it as mp3 player and for quick GAF visits and train/bus schedule inquiries in bed. Don't have a smartphone because fuck that.

Saw that thread now. They don't seem to realise that these top 10 lists are a place for people to write whatever they want. Didn't one list rank Pokemon this time?
They talk about it like it's some kind of Associated Press misrepresentation of a country or something. Bunch of weirdos.

edit: While looking up that garbage I found a weird thing. Why is that GB article 1:1 on Yahoo News? Is that a thing that site does or some kind of partnership?

I've seen GameSpot stuff show up there too, so yeah maybe some kind of partnership

Megasoum

Banned
Listening to Jeff's Q&A when he talks about how he doesn't want a site that just spit out non stop news all day that gets lost in its own content but actually hire a new person who will be in charge of a team writing news and columns about what's actually relevant....Man...

derFeef

Listening to Jeff's Q&A when he talks about how he doesn't want a site that just spit out non stop news all day that gets lost in its own content but actually hire a new person who will be in charge of a team writing news and columns about what's actually relevant....Man...

:-/

Myggen

Hm?

Lol, KiA gets upset by the dumbest stuff. It's clearly stated as personal top 10, there's no ethics involved there. Wait until they find out that SWERY put his own game on his list!!!

Oh wait, they only care because it's Maya Kramer.

edit: I see that even people on KiA pointed out that it's silly to get upset about a GB top 10 guest list. You know that your outrage is dumb as shit when people on that sub point it out.

Cranzor

Giant Bomb Dream Update 1/26/15

Up at my local school park, Nintendo had data tubes filled with all sorts of secrets. Someone, with the help of Wario and Waluigi, broke in and found NPD data about the new WarioWare. It sold below expectations. I reached my hand into part of the tube and unscrewed something. There was a ton of ice in there, so I dumped it out. I kept pouring, and suddenly koopa shells came out. I looked over and the whole Giant Bomb crew was there. Brad was shocked and ecstatic. I think it was his dream to finally prove this was real or something. I turned to Dan and said, "real life really is like Mario" before everything became hazy and I fell asleep.

Later, there was some sort of controversy surrounding Jeff. A thread title on GAF read, "Blunt, socially blunt Jeff Gerstmann can be seen ignoring fire alarms, snoring on desk." (Not sure why blunt was used twice.) Apparently a fire drill occurred at the CBSi offices and Jeff ignored it, causing many people to become angry. I remember wondering if Jeff would be fired. Thankfully, Dan came in the thread to clarify what happened. Dan said his blind friend went into the bathroom, but there was a giant red spider in there. Dan decided to accompany him, not wanting the spider to jump on him. I woke up (in real life) before I got to read the rest, so I'm not sure how that related to anything.

Also, this is unrelated to Giant Bomb, but I also dreamed that "We Will Rock You" is known in certain parts of Europe as "Yes Señor."

I'm sure it was not directed at Patrick but at the same time it kinda sounds like that maybe Patrick didn't make the smartest decision.

In Jeff eye's maybe (though we're putting words in his mouth), but Jeff and Patrick have different views. It's about what Patrick enjoys doing. If Patrick prefers to work a site like Kotaku rather than GB then that's not a bad decision to Patrick.

Megasoum

Banned
In Jeff eye's maybe (though we're putting words in his mouth), but Jeff and Patrick have different views. It's about what Patrick enjoys doing. If Patrick prefers to work a site like Kotaku rather than GB then that's not a bad decision to Patrick.

Yeah of course.

But, for me, Jeff's idea of how dealing with the news is 100 times more interesting than what Kotaku does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom