• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

ahh, how could i forget the Order. it's going to get ugly, i cant wait.

I can just see it coming. A lot of people have built up hype for that game, especially because of the amazing visuals. But judging by what we've seen of the game, I think it'll review pretty poorly unless reviewers are dazzled by the visuals. It looks like a corridor shooter that does nothing new in terms of gameplay, and it has a good amount of QTEs etc. I can even see some reviewers using the words "last gen gameplay", haha.

I have a day off tomorrow. Can I wake up to Metal Gear Scanlon 3 please?

You can't since Dan has the day off, begins work again tomorrow.

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I can just see it coming. A lot of people have built up hype for that game, especially because of the amazing visuals. But judging by what we've seen of the game, I think it'll review pretty poorly unless reviewers are dazzled by the visuals. It looks like a corridor shooter that does nothing new in terms of gameplay, and it has a good amount of QTEs etc. I can even see some reviewers using the words "last gen gameplay", haha.

People who are excited for the Order only have themselves to blame.

Myggen

People who are excited for the Order only have themselves to blame.

Yeah, I hope it's better than what has been shown so far, but I'm expecting a very standard third person shooter with lots of QTEs...and that's not something I'm very excited about.

At least the setting seems very interesting, lots of moustaches!

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm kind of optimistic about The Order. I mean, it doesn't look like anything I'd pay more than like $30 for but it seems alright.

I'm kind of optimistic about The Order. I mean, it doesn't look like anything I'd pay more than like $30 for but it seems alright.

Man, it needed to be out during the holidays when the PS4 exclusives were hot hits like the Drive Club extended beta program and the PS4's first, Ps3's third Littlebigplanet game. That it's coming out in late February with no MP and its dumb it's-for-aesthetic-reasons-but-really-we-just-needed-to-reduce-screen--space-to-help-the-game-run-well black bars just makes it look like Sony's answer to the Evil within

I don't need tacked on MP

Wolf was great because of focused single player

You know what game didn't need Traditional MP?

Far Cry 4. It is probably the worst Multiplayer i have played in my life

Anjin M

I only missed her becuase I have no idea who she is, other than presumably a person who works for Kotaku.

Must not have been following GamerGate, then. She's pretty high on their public enemies list. Good for you, if that's that case. I wish I didn't know so much about it.

I don't need tacked on MP

Wolf was great because of focused single player

You know what game didn't need Traditional MP?

Far Cry 4. It is probably the worst Multiplayer i have played in my life

I have a soft spot for 3rd person MP shooters with interesting mechanics. Loved the Gears games online and thought that both Uncharted games that featured it and TLOU had excellent MP modes that didn't feel tacked on and actually were pretty damn fun, especially TLOU before they threw in some P2W bullshit.

So yeah, given the cool stuff they've shown in regards to the world and the weapons in the Order a MP mode could've been a neat thing.

Brashnir

Must not have been following GamerGate, then. She's pretty high on their public enemies list. Good for you, if that's that case. I wish I didn't know so much about it.

I bowed out of paying attention to that stuff pretty early when it became clear to me that almost everyone involved with it is insane.

Myggen

I bowed out of paying attention to that stuff pretty early when it became clear to me that almost everyone involved with it is insane.

I just can't look away from that shit, and still follow it pretty closely. I wish I didn't, but it has some weird fascination to me.

I need to stop.

Brashnir

I just can't look away from that shit, and still follow it pretty closely. I wish I didn't, but it has some weird fascination to me.

I need to stop.

Not gonna lie, there were several weeks when I would click on those threads every time they were on my screen, only to silently scold myself for doing so immediately afterwards.

Eventually I stopped, but there's still that little twinge in the back of my skull every time I see them.

Man, it needed to be out during the holidays when the PS4 exclusives were hot hits like the Drive Club extended beta program and the PS4's first, Ps3's third Littlebigplanet game. That it's coming out in late February with no MP and its dumb it's-for-aesthetic-reasons-but-really-we-just-needed-to-reduce-screen--space-to-help-the-game-run-well black bars just makes it look like Sony's answer to the Evil within

I had an epiphany tangentially related to this. People complain about the Vita only having indie and niche Japanese games, but I realized that I pretty much only play indie and niche Japanese games* on my PS4 because Sony's first party has been so terrible lately and white people can't make good AAA games anymore.

*Will play, they aren't out yet.

The only winning move is not to play.

Oh, it's like the Order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom