• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Every time I start up Far Cry 4 I see the logo for Dunia which looks like it says Dunla and that makes me think of Velvet Sundown and that makes me laugh. I'm a simple man.

Just imagine the tribal chanting that accompanies the logo are whispering "Fuck Boyle".

Tim Schafer's on The Lobby and he mentioned that the tank controls in Grim Fandango were inspired by Bioforge, Danny's reaction was great.

Rwrx0Kp.png

Megasoum

Banned
What's up with people saying that there's a big thumbs up or whatever on Gamespot's videos?

I checked some random videos from today and I'm not seeing anything like that.

Tucah

you speak so well
Is Jeff back at the offices? I thought he said he wouldn't be back till thursday, he'll be there for Mario Party, right?

He flew back yesterday, though it seems to have been an ordeal. I think he's back today.

I expect he was back for the Bombcast at least, he was supposed to be back today.

He mentioned last week on Mixlr that he wouldn't be back until Wednesday - so he'll be back for MPP3 but not the Bombcast.

Corgi

Banned
see a madden trailer in this GS video. Haven't payed attention to this game ever... but why does this game look so bad compare to like... nba 2k series?

Grim Fandango bought. Not even sure I'm going to play it again, but, I'll sure as hell support it.

Edit: and Overcast spams me for the new podcast as I hit submit. Nice.

Megasoum

Banned
Fucking Nintendo...

WindWaker HD doesn't have any kind of checkpoints or autosaves so I lost over 1h30 of progress when my WiiU auto-shutdown the other day.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Surprise! Brad never knew about the Inverted Song of Time, as I'm sure is the case most Majora's Mask detractors!

For something so essential, it should be handed to the player on a platter. I was able to figure it out, but I wouldn't fault players who didn't do it.

Nishastra

Banned
Surprise! Brad never knew about the Inverted Song of Time, as I'm sure is the case most Majora's Mask detractors!
Considering he previously stated that he got to the end of the three days once and then never touched the game again, there's nothing surprising about this :p

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After watching the Far Cry 4 Vinny stream and the Dying Light quicklook, I really wish Vinny was on the Bombcast. I would love to hear him express in detail how he feels about the state of gaming right now. I remember a rant he went off on a couple years ago when he was absolutely livid about some aspect of a game and it really hit hard.

Hopefully they skype him in at some point or something.

daydream

Banned
After watching the Far Cry 4 Vinny stream and the Dying Light quicklook, I really wish Vinny was on the Bombcast. I would love to hear him express in detail how he feels about the state of gaming right now. I remember a rant he went off on a couple years ago when he was absolutely livid about some aspect of a game and it really hit hard.

Hopefully they skype him in at some point or something.

They won't skype him in since Beast is doing its own podcast soon.

Gotta figure out those doors first, though.

santeesioux

see a madden trailer in this GS video. Haven't payed attention to this game ever... but why does this game look so bad compare to like... nba 2k series?

That's what happens when the NFL gives you the exclusive rights to make their games for ten years and you know football fans will buy your game no matter what.

Megasoum

Banned
I really really love Talos Principle but man... I've been staring at a Tetris board for like 20minutes now trying random pieces on random spots and I can't find the solution.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Compared to the worst quesions at earlier panels, that's a fantastic question. I'm sure the joke sounded better in the guy's head, but it didn't help that he even misspoke about what game it was supposed to be :p
Yeah, I assume he was trying to be clever, but it began with this rambling bit about him watching everything... and then he tried to make a joke that was, quite frankly, 6 years out of date... and he still got it wrong. :p

Like, imagine trying to get Jeff to sign a copy of Kane and Lynch now? That's what that question felt like. lol

Megasoum

Banned
Fun fact, I started working for Eidos 2 months after Jeff lost his job at Gamespot... I never followed GS before that so I learned about Jeff and Giantbomb through my job lol.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wow really? What was being said internally at Eidos at that time?

Nothing really on my level (I was a lowly noob tester in QA back then). All that political stuff happened in the head office in the UK. Lots of stuff has changed since 2007.

talos principle so good

Yeah it's an amazing game.... So I finally got the last unlock... I have no idea how it works lol. I went to the first puzzle in C where you use it and read the tip 3 times that shows up on screen when you pick it up off the floor and I still have no idea how to use it lol.

Dave Lang is the CEO of a successful video game company, he's a husband and father, he's friends with Ed Boon, and he gets to jet set around Europe to go to F1 races. He is history's most inspirational monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom