• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on Drew catching the arm thing right away in MGS.

Also for the last 2 episodes of MGS2 they should have Jeff and Brad sit in and ride the roller-coaster that is the final hours of that game since they have so much nostalgia for that.

We are finally getting into the dumb stuff now.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Good on Drew catching the arm thing right away in MGS.

Also for the last 2 episodes of MGS2 they should have Jeff and Brad sit in and ride the roller-coaster that is the final hours of that game since they have so much nostalgia for that.

We are finally getting into the dumb stuff now.

If I didn't know what was ahead, this might seem like the most impossible statement of all time.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I picked up Sphere a couple days ago and just finished it. Did Dan or Drew say when they were going to do the podcast?

Bacon

Mikǝ;140377513 said:
Sphere the book? I'm a little behind on GB stuff but that is one of my favorite novels of all time.

Dan and Drew are doing a (premium?) book club podcast on that book. Unsure if it's a one off podcast or they plan to do more.

Kelas

Mikǝ;140377513 said:
Sphere the book? I'm a little behind on GB stuff but that is one of my favorite novels of all time.

Yep. They said on last tuesday week's bombcast that they were gonna do a book club podcast, and the first one is gonna be Sphere. I just relistened to the end of it to make sure I got that right, and turns out I need not have rushed reading it, because Drew specifically says they'll do the podcast "a month from now", so sometime a fortnight from now I guess we can expect it.

edit: not to say I was bored with it and needed to rush through it or anything like that. I thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't really put it down. Unfortunately I'd seen the film back in the late 90s, and started to remember the gist of what happens towards the latter half.

I was disappointed to find that there isn't an unabridged audiobook version readily available. Would have been good to listen to at work.

Patryn

Yep. They said on last tuesday week's bombcast that they were gonna do a book club podcast, and the first one is gonna be Sphere. I just relistened to the end of it to make sure I got that right, and turns out I need not have rushed reading it, because Drew specifically says they'll do the podcast "a month from now", so sometime a fortnight from now I guess we can expect it.

edit: not to say I was bored with it and needed to rush through it or anything like that. I thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't really put it down. Unfortunately I'd seen the film back in the late 90s, and started to remember the gist of what happens towards the latter half.

First and only, I believe. Haven't they been saying that this is a one-off thing?

AcridMeat

Banned
Sphere sounds good I should get on that once I finish Ready Player One.
She has no idea who Jeff is or why I might post something like that. She likes anything anyone posts ever. It's a compulsion.

I thought that was cool, too. Good to see them reaching out.
Ah okay haha. There was someone on my list who did the same, for a while I guess I was showing up on their timeline because they liked everything, then it stopped.

Weird was the wrong word to use there. I just used to be a much bigger member of the community over there before my GAF account was approved and knew Sweep fairly well.

First and only, I believe. Haven't they been saying that this is a one-off thing?

I think they've said once or twice it's possible they could do more, but it sounds like they're saying one-off to just cover their bases. Seemed like they just didn't want to be held to anything.

Kelas

"we're starting a... well we're doing a one off premium podcast"

"we're doing a book club, we're finally doing a book podcast"

Could be one off I guess, or it could be that normal giant bomb let's-not-commit-to-or-promise-anything-just-in-case attitude, and we could get more. I mean, one book does not make a book club. That's more like a book report.

They do a regular one about wrestling, they should do a regular one for books.

jgminto

Probably but this is worse than high school or college. I got freedom of speech there.

I could go on the street and have these conversations.

I was talking about ethics, but man this is like a playground at middle school. What's the point? I'm banned, no fun anymore.

Who gets banned for that and at my age that doesn't really do anything. I like using my freedom of speech and NeoGAF has more of it.

Doesn't have anything to do with freedom of speech.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Doesn't have anything to do with freedom of speech.

I realize that ToS and policies are watched over. You agree to terms based on the website you sign up for. If anything you have to make your own outlet in order to be heard. I don't want to think about this any more then I have to.

I was shocked they went through the entire Akira plot. Akira was the very first anime that I ever watched. I had the box letter VHS when I was like 12. Even though it's old; I recommend anyone who is looking for a classic film to watch it.

It sure was one of the most memorable anime movies that I've seen.

Man, I really like MGS2, but Rose and Raiden dialogue is truly bad and I doubt that was enteraly in porpouse. (but nice foreshadowing in that last save about Raiden past)

I typed Sphere into Audible, it's not there...

I am going to have to actually read words, dammit...

image.php

I feel you :(

Seventy70

I picked up Sphere a couple days ago and just finished it. Did Dan or Drew say when they were going to do the podcast?

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think they said when

It would be really cool if they did movie commentary. There is obviously the problem of copyright, but they could just record the voice and people could just layer it on top of the movie and watch. Jeff's commentary on The Fast and Furious movies could be amazing. We would also need to get Dan and Jeff T1 and T2 commentaries.

Bacon

3 and a half hour bombcast. Anyone want to tally how many times Brad alludes to how long this bombcast is going on for?

Huh... They've been saying that they were bringing mics and stuff for the trip since day 1.

I know, and yet there are still multiple people who contradicted me on that matter when I mentionned that they were going to record stuff. It's either in the last thread or the one before, but it happened.

Picked up the Jackbox Collection last night, UPF sold me on it. The drawing one was an absolute blast with relatives until everyone got too drunk and the drawings became literal nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom