• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
That MGS2 episode was fantastic. The Fatman fight didn't go nearly half as bad as I expected, and the plot breakdown at the end absolutely needs to become a recurring thing.

MGSolid2 spoilers
the Gray Fox thing is SO DUMB

Well, that whole thing is dumb, then.

In the game's narrative, I thought it made complete sense. The Patriots want an AI that can control society and its citizens' behavior. If that AI (GW) can manage to resolve such a high-risk event that was the Shadow Moses incident, it could pretty much manage and control anything thrown at it, such as everyday society life. That's what meme Colonel tells Raiden at the end.

I like how we're putting stuff from a game that came out 13 years ago in spoiler tags.

I think it's reasonable to expect a resurgence in popularity of the game in our group. I'm sure some people were prompted to play these games for the first time by watching Drew play it.

Also, the Giant Bomb guys read the thread. Including Drew.

We don't know that Drew reads the thread... but we also don't know that he doesn't read the thread.

More importantly, there's people in this thread who have never played the series and are experiencing it for the first time too.

Kirlia

Banned
I think it's reasonable to expect a resurgence in popularity of the game in our group. I'm sure some people were prompted to play these games for the first time by watching Drew play it.

I keep wondering if, some day, a user account named Funkify will magically post in one of these threads and blow us all away.

daydream

Banned
Aviary Attorney

tumblr_inline_nbfwztVlN01sz4acd.gif

Brashnir

I wasn't suggesting that you shouldn't do it, for the specific reasons you cited. I'm just saying that it amuses me.

daydream

Banned
As someone who has never played Ace Attorney or the Layton games, what would be the best one to start with? The crossover game? The trilogy?

Well, the originals are the best versions but the trilogy is a serviceable alternative, I guess. Stay away from the iOS versions. Also, definitely play the games in order, there's a chronology and you'd be missing out on a lot of nuances. They're all great, anyway.

also wtf is this

oExuo60.png

im looking for the agriculture and forestry meteorology scientific journal google and thats what you recommend to me

fucking gaf did this

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So...is there any good agriculture and forestry anime?

I have no idea what is coming. This thrills me.

By the end of MGS2, I was looking around the room for people who weren't there to verify what had just happened. Because at that point, even if it was observed by imaginary voices in my head I would have felt better about the state of things. With no exageration I can say I'm looking forward to Drew's reaction to the latter parts of MGS 2 more than I'm looking forward to any TV show or movie in the next year.

man that wonderful state of mind after mgs2 where we all wondered where the story was going next and how they could possibly explain all of it, kojima's pronouncements that it was supposed to be his last game and the ending open ended be damned

then mgs4 came along and we all wished we never got the answers

Myggen

man that wonderful state of mind after mgs2 where we all wondered where the story was going next and how they could possibly explain all of it, kojima's pronouncements that it was supposed to be his last game and the ending open ended be damned

Haha, pretty much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Time should absolutely be a factor when it comes to spoilers. We can't just put spoilers behind everything forever.

Still, seeing that MGScanlon might be the introduction to the game for many people here it might be prudent to put the big stuff behind spoilers.

More like 'the end of mgs2 was nuts. I can't wait to see how they continue this crazy story'

Then years later mgs3 is announced as a prequel set in the 60s that won't answer and of that stuff and I am super pissed.

I swore off MGS forever after the ending of 2. It was such a huge nonsensical mess that completely ruined the first game. I've heard that the story for 3 is better, but it's hard to get motivated to play it after how awful the story was in 2.

hamchan

I swore off MGS forever after the ending of 2. It was such a huge nonsensical mess that completely ruined the first game. I've heard that the story for 3 is better, but it's hard to get motivated to play it after how awful the story was in 2.

Oh, so you didn't play the best MGS game.

man that sucks for you

you missed all the better games

Never watched his videos but Jim seems like a pretty cool dude on Bombin'. Congrats on all the success

Here you go, fix that.

Time should absolutely be a factor when it comes to spoilers. We can't just put spoilers behind everything forever.

Still, seeing that MGScanlon might be the introduction to the game for many people here it might be prudent to put the big stuff behind spoilers.

I want Drew howling with confusion at these twists like he was with the RAY cutscene. We should take all precautions to ensure this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom