• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

So it sounds like Vinny and Alex are coming to SF next week? Or is it the week after that? Sounded like next week on the Bombcast.

tchocky

So it sounds like Vinny and Alex are coming to SF next week? Or is it the week after that? Sounded like next week on the Bombcast.

Patrick says he is going next week and will be there for 10 days. Alex is already in the bay area with family.

Anjin M

Danny O'Dwyer
‏@dannyodwyer
You're welcome Giant Bomb GAF thread.

B3VAeuwCAAAlCc0.jpg

Danny is the best Danny ever.
Sorry, Dany.

Myggen

Watching MGScanlon I realize that what I love about MGS2 is the overall crazy story and the ending, and that I had probably forgotten how much I fucking hate Raiden (and Rose) in that game. Like, Raiden is a terrible character with awful VO. I had somehow convinced myself that he wasn't that bad after not playing the game for a good few years.

ev0

This may have occurred earlier but I just opened up my iTunes and it proceeded to download every single episode of the bombcast off the premium feed. Were those recently added there? I've been a sub for a few years so I dont think so?
I was like wtf is itunes still downloading for so long?

The weird thing is that Raiden's Japanese VO actually has this somewhat deep masculine voice that sounds kinda similar to Snake's, especially at the start when he has the diving mask on.

This may have occurred earlier but I just opened up my iTunes and it proceeded to download every single episode of the bombcast off the premium feed. Were those recently added there? I've been a sub for a few years so I dont think so?
I was like wtf is itunes still downloading for so long?

Yeah, my Bombin' the A.M. with Scoops and the Wolf! iTunes subscription just completely got populated by every single Bombcast going back to Arrow Pointing Down. iTunes started downloading every episode as well, which I'm glad I caught.

What sucks right now is that I have 447 unplayed episodes in my Podcast column, and navigating it right now is terrible until I take time to fix it.

EDIT: Actually just quickly marked all the new episodes that appeared in the feed and marked them as played. Thankfully by toggling the "Feed" button vs. "My Episodes" button I was able to isolate just the episodes that got added.

Myggen

Someone alert Dave on Twitter!

I'm happy I don't have Doggcatcher set to automatic download on my phone. The RSS feeds are fucked right now.

edit: Known issue according to GB's twitter account, should turn off automatic download on your preferred podcast app until it gets sorted out.

Watching MGScanlon I realize that what I love about MGS2 is the overall crazy story and the ending, and that I had probably forgotten how much I fucking hate Raiden (and Rose) in that game. Like, Raiden is a terrible character with awful VO. I had somehow convinced myself that he wasn't that bad after not playing the game for a good few years.

Jep. He's terrible, Rose is even worse and it's impossible to care about their constant relationship troubles. Biggest reason MGS2 is still the worst mainline MGS game.

Volotaire

I've always been envious of all those independent burger joints in the US who cook the meat in so many interesting ways, delicious looking sauces and massive potion sizes. They look amazing.

Zaph

GB seriously needs some engineering love, kinda crazy how much it's been neglected. Just getting that feature to post Extralife content without it flooding the front page seemed to be a chore and caused problems.

And what's with the design downgrade on the mail/notification menu? It's like Walexis celebrated Alexis leaving by immediately commiting some ugly. But it's okay, doves got added to the premium icon...

Dany

Banned
GB seriously needs some engineering love, kinda crazy how much it's been neglected. Just getting that feature to post Extralife content without it flooding the front page seemed to be a chore and caused problems.

And what's with the design downgrade on the mail/notification menu? It's like Walexis celebrated Alexis leaving by immediately commiting some ugly. But it's okay, doves got added to the premium icon...

I mean they had to edit, cut, process and upload a bazillion extra life videos. I don't blame them for it taking awhile.

Zaph

I mean they had to edit, cut, process and upload a bazillion extra life videos. I don't blame them for it taking awhile.
That's the video themselves, I'm talking about the feature they were waiting on to prevent it all flooding the front page which seems to have been followed by several front page and organisational issues.

Jintor

By Revengeance Flynn's Raiden had flipped around to 'so bad it's good' territory imho. But he took a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to get there

man that wonderful state of mind after mgs2 where we all wondered where the story was going next and how they could possibly explain all of it, kojima's pronouncements that it was supposed to be his last game and the ending open ended be damned

then mgs4 came along and we all wished we never got the answers

MGS 4 was a good movie, never played it but I watched every cutscene

danm999

YESSSSS!!!! Looking forward to it, but at the same time it doesn't seem like there is much to argue for this year :(
Hopefully lots of people get cut.

I think the list is looking something like Mordor, Jazzpunk, Bayonetta 2, Stick of Truth, Advanced Warfare, Wolfenstein, Sunset Overdrive, Shovel Knight, etc

Because there's so many people, there's also going to be lots of passion games getting argued onto the bottom slots of the list (Divinity, DA:I, Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze, WWE Supercard) if I had to guess.

It also reminds me whoever made that bet Destiny would make the top ten in here is probably going to have some difficulty.

When it was just Jeff, it might have squeaked by, but Patrick and Alex were pretty unflattering of it on their morning show, so it's going to have some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom