• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as much as I love GB (and I do), whenever I see people dictating what they play from Giantbomb it just baffles me

fleck0

Disappointed Dan never mentions the Chalupa, I'll agree the quesadilla is top-tier though. Maybe he's also upset they discontinued Baja Chalupas and only serve one type now, still the best.

My iTunes downloaded all Giant Bombcast episodes last night... on the Bombcast feed and the Bombin feed. What the hell haha... 1000 podcasts!

Renpatsu

Hmn, sad that the Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance Mixlr is off the air. I wish someone started up a third one as I listened to it a lot while I was painting.

My iTunes downloaded all Giant Bombcast episodes last night... on the Bombcast feed and the Bombin feed. What the hell haha... 1000 podcasts!

Time for a rerun!

My phone only downloaded the latest episode (non-premium RSS feed), sounds like I got lucky. Not that it'd have room to download much more..

xanavi

My premium podcast feed tried to pull that shit on me too. I caught it in the act and put a stop to it. Fuckin' iTunes, man. Did 343 work on this shit?

nm it's GB's fault I bet Drew and Danny are responsible.

@giantbomb

Hey, some of our RSS feeds have had a bunch of Bombcasts added to them erroneously. You may wish to disable automatic downloads...

My premium podcast feed tried to pull that shit on me too. I caught it in the act and put a stop to it. Fuckin' iTunes, man. Did 343 work on this shit?

nm it's GB's fault I bet Drew and Danny are responsible.

Looks like Bombin in the AM was added to the main feed, so I know have about 50 episodes of that on my phone.

RamBoleyn

Banned
I've always enjoyed Giant Bomb as a venue where dudes talk about games (and whatever else). Obviously a woman (like Mary) can come into the mix and fit right in, but their rapport always seemed so routed in 'dudes shooting the shit and being dudes'. Don't know why that's viewed by some as an inherently bad thing, even if I understand and appreciate calls for diversity.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, while I have defended giantbomb on hiring Dan and still do, more diversity is never a bad thing. There's nothing to say that a woman or other people who aren't straight white dudes won't fit into their style.

demidar

Nah, while I have defended giantbomb on hiring Dan and still do, more diversity is never a bad thing. There's nothing to say that a woman or other people who aren't straight white dudes won't fit into their style.

That's why GB should steal Mary whenever they can. And Alexa.

I can tell that I live a good and respectable life cause I don't know what that means.

It's nothing dirty, Jebus.

RamBoleyn

Banned
I agree, of course. And I don't mean to say that Jeff wouldn't ever want to bring on a woman - obviously not.

I just find it frustrating how folk like Brianna regurgitate these sly little quips in such a way that makes the guys appear mean-spirited or, dare I use the massively overused and misunderstood word, 'misogynist'.

For all the good intentions people might have had at the time, Dan's hiring revealed a new height of ultra-liberal stupidity on this stuff. (I would say the same for 'Shirtgate' as well, by the way...)

Myggen

We can just go back in previous threads and re-post this discussion, we've had it a number of times before. I'm sure it'll come up again, especially around E3. My guess is that if there's another hire, Jeff will hire a woman to begin to introduce some diversity into the group. Cara would obviously be my pick, but with the visa rules etc. that's probably never going to be very realistic.

Xater

Danny O'Dwyer
‏@dannyodwyer
You're welcome Giant Bomb GAF thread.

B3VAeuwCAAAlCc0.jpg

You are the best Danny!

Zaph

Even before the whole hiring thing, her GB call outs have been weird. Then there was the recent interview with a shitty youtuber with like 4 GB call outs when pressed for examples.

Yeah their editorial is all male, but when it comes to identifying issues in the industry, GB is small fry and not even close to the most egregious (how many other publications gave Zoe Quinn a platform when nobody really knew who she was?).

Then again, the specific and near-libelous way she went after Jeff on the forums makes me think there is either a personal, alternate agenda, or there's other issues there.

Xater

Quick podcast comment:

Jeff is insane for thinking the running speed is slow in DA:I. It's so fast I barely even use the mount.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Quick podcast comment:

Jeff is insane for thinking the running speed is slow in DA:I. It's so fast I barely even use the mount.

That's only cause the mount is even slower. I constantly use my Charge ability to get anywhere cause I feel like a slug otherwise.

Also I just encountered some shards that you can only get by a couple of precise jumps. Whoever thought it was a good idea to do that with their horrible erm "jumping system" needs to be punished.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Oh, no wonder the GB discussion seemed to have died down.

Welp, it's been fun reading and chatting with you all over the last 10 threads. Guess I'll see you again the next time I accidentally click the wrong tab on the GAF navbar.

:(

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Quick podcast comment:

I thought the same thing when he made the comment on the ql. Looked just fine to me.

popo

Some people should not be allowed a twitter account - for their own good. The public should not have access to their unfiltered stream of consciousness. It is why the smart politicians rarely tweet at all or at least have a PR person do it for them. You can very easily kill your career in 140 characters or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom