• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

Two games I want to see again, two games I feel were unfairly ignored, and yeah.

0aCqwrf.png

I'm vaguely disturbed that you aren't using the dark theme on Giant Bomb. I'd hate to think which theme you're using here.

site just crashed

What the hell is going on with Giant Bomb as of late ? It's been all over the place. Random brief crashes here and there, video sorting being all messed up. Sheesh.

Bacon

site just crashed

What the hell is going on with Giant Bomb as of late ? It's been all over the place. Random brief crashes here and there, video sorting being all messed up. Sheesh.

Once Alexis leaves giantbomb starts having website issues.

Follow the money.

Majine

Banned
Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Note: Probably coming anyway, but whatever)
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (Note: Expansion coming very soon)
SingStar: Ultimate Party
Endless Legend
Dungeon of the Endless

Zaph

People have been joking about this, but there is a corrolation between the two events. I wonder if it's as simple as Alexis leaving the site in bad hands.

I mentioned this yesterday, but the problems seem to coincide with site updates (as you would expect). When they added the URL feature (for Extra Life), lots of problems. The voting feature seemed to cause a whole bunch of problems yesterday too.

I think their engineers are just too stretched. Alexis even mentioned on his last show the jumping around between multiple sites burnt him out.

What happened to SteveWinwood?

He did a ban bet with Brad. DOTA. Two accounts enter, one account leaves.

I mentioned this yesterday, but the problems seem to coincide with site updates (as you would expect). When they added the URL feature (for Extra Life), lots of problems. The voting feature seemed to cause a whole bunch of problems yesterday too.

I think their engineers are just too stretched. Alexis even mentioned on his last show the jumping around between multiple sites burnt him out.

Yeah, but site updates are obviously nothing new, and the site didn't behave like this before Alexis left. I think the new guys might not be as competent as he was.

Zaph

Yeah, but site updates are obviously nothing new, and the site didn't behave like this before Alexis left. I think the new guys might not be as competent as he was.

Alexis was a designer, not an engineer. But I think the CBSi engineering department has had a lot of turnover as of late. The dude who used to post here left too.

Myggen

Did Steve get banned? :(

Alexis was a designer, not an engineer. But I think the CBSi engineering department has had a lot of turnover as of late. The dude who used to post here left too.

Those kind of teams always have a lot of turnovers in bigger companies like CBSi though.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
holy shit, the "these consoles really suck" discussion on the podcast really did a great job of bumming me the fuck out.

that's maybe a little bit hyperbolic after just one year, no?

Myggen

Senran Kagura Bon Apetit!
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
Freedom Wars
Mario Party: Island Tour
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Let's go

Can I interest you in some SingStar instead of maybe Mario Party?

Or instead of Persona Q because I'm sure they'll do a QL of that regardless.

holy shit, the "these consoles really suck" discussion on the podcast really did a great job of bumming me the fuck out.

that's maybe a little bit hyperbolic after just one year, no?

It seemed to me more about a good PC being a better alternative for most third party games so early in the life of those consoles.

so1337

Let's make this as uncomfortable as possible:

Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit!
Girls und Panzer: Senshadou, Kiwamemasu!
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd

Not enough love from GB:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Velocity 2X

I've not slept since 8AM Tuesday...GMT (36 Hours Ago)... kinda starting to fell funny... but not tired... maybe I should play the end of MGS2 and freak out.

Myggen

I'll change it to SingStar if they do a QL for Persona Q :) Would it be a returning QL?

SingStar? Nah, they didn't QL that one.

If SingStar doesn't make it, and some boring bullshit (for a QL) like Wasteland 2 or BoI does... I won't do anything, but I'll get angry! Think of what makes entertaining QLs, people!

Ah, I see. Well, in any case, I'm sure the people responsible are doing everything they can to fix this.

Guys please be realistic about Donkey kong.

I am. I don't want it to win Game of the Year; I just want it to win the best soundtrack award, because it should. Nothing else this year comes close to matching it. Seriously.

Alfredo

Damn it. I can't vote for Danganronpa 1 or 2 because the Giant Bomb database counts them as 2010 and 2012 releases because Japan.

Keyser Soze... more like Keyser Snooze!!!

I weirdly don't feel tired, and have been walking around the house tidying parts of it - which is not normal, as things are usually a mess. I fixed a lot of my old Passwords on LastPass, and have been removing/adding songs I like/hate from Spotify...

I finally have clarity! This is great.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It seemed to me more about a good PC being a better alternative for most third party games so early in the life of those consoles.

they did end up mentioning that building a good PC is still a fairly expensive and intimidating alternative to consoles, so I'll give them credit for that.

"The 360 is still better than both of the these new consoles!" is a goofy thing to say tho

Volotaire

I weirdly don't feel tired, and have been walking around the house tidying parts of it - which is not normal, as things are usually a mess. I fixed a lot of my old Passwords on LastPass, and have been removing/adding songs I like/hate from Spotify...

Get some sleep!

Get some sleep!

I won't sleep now If I go to bed though, as I am not tried. I am instead hyper-awake. I am guessing I will crash before midnight - which I will be happy about. Then sleep. Might try to watch the Live Show tonight first. Hopefully.

I will probably look back tomorrow, and feel I made wrong decisions due to lack of sleep, but right now I feel Recognizer by Daft Punk should be on of my 30 Starred Song on Spotify

Humans are weird.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Keep going dude! I hear Sleep deprivation can have awesome (awful) results, i think your brain starts making shit up after a certain point. I wish i could experience that feeling for myself but i'm afraid of the headaches that could result from trying.

Keep going dude! I hear Sleep deprivation can have awesome (awful) results, i think your brain starts making shit up after a certain point. I wish i could experience that feeling for myself but i'm afraid of the headaches that could result from trying.

That is a real plus for me as I rarely get headaches for any reason, and if I do they are supposedly very mild compared to others I talked to. I don't feel like taking this to extremes though - I didn't even mean to stay awake all last night - It just kinda happen. Might break 40 Hours - but I think that would be it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom