• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Test livestream
http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

Someone is playing... GTA I think? No voice.

One of the engineers I think. Just testing stuff in the chat it seems.

I doubt that's true, Dan was on E3 shows previous to joining GB.

The only one (together with Justin Mcelroy?) that was a guest on all of the E3 shows, until this year of course.

I know this is very ot but I just finished ac revelations (and thoroughly enjoyed it) and started aciii and am a few hours in. Holy shit, now I know why people said to avoid this game. For the first 3 hours it's been almost non stop tailing missions/eavesdropping/watching cut scenes, with the occasional fun minute or two of actual killing or doing anything interesting at all. The checkpointing is awful, and I just fell through the world.

AC games in general start too slowly, but that game...holy cap the pacing is awful.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I know this is very ot but I just finished ac revelations (and thoroughly enjoyed it) and started aciii and am a few hours in. Holy shit, now I know why people said to avoid this game. For the first 3 hours it's been almost non stop tailing missions/eavesdropping/watching cut scenes, with the occasional fun minute or two of actual killing or doing anything interesting at all. The checkpointing is awful, and I just fell through the world.

Dany

Banned
All I want from the rest of this year is to see this again in a Giant Bombcast thread

RcmA8.png

Yeah ;( It's been too long. I hope that he's on this weeks bombcast.

Brashnir

For the first 3 hours it's been almost non stop tailing missions/eavesdropping/watching cut scenes, with the occasional fun minute or two orf doing anything interesting at all.

Are you sure you're not accidentally playing a modern Zelda game?

popo

yeah, they are not coming in on a weekend, or staying late Friday, to stream either of those. Can't blame them either.

Volotaire

Roommates got smash and now their yelling and having fun.

UGH what an awful game

I got it the other day. I have to say, I'm actually liking it. I think I'm going to invest some time in properly learning the mechanics of the game this time round. We're going to have some 8 player action later this week too which should be amazing.

Jeff is a judge for the Dorito awards. Will he in Vegas for that?

Maybe he would drop by the PSX thing.

I expect the PSX to be a ghost town though. Fan event like that in December? In Vegas of all places? Seems like a bad idea.

Maybe he would drop by the PSX thing.

I expect the PSX to be a ghost town though. Fan event like that in December? In Vegas of all places? Seems like a bad idea.

Not sure about that. Sony seemed to be implying that the keynote is at or near capacity. Some people in the event thread are thinking about camping to make sure they get a good seat (or one at all).

Myggen

He's been a judge for a few years now, and I don't think he's ever gone to the event? I know he didn't go last year. I highly doubt he'll go, especially since this week is GOTY week and probably their most intense work week outside of E3.

Well we will see about that. I am seeing good chances of major announcements happening at the event.

Tickets are sold out funkystudent.

We'll see. I'm getting more and more cynical about Sony events, so until they actually deliver at one I'll remain sceptical.

Not sure about that. Sony seemed to be implying that the keynote is at or near capacity. Some people in the event thread are thinking about camping to make sure they get a good seat (or one at all).

I believe now only sites like ign are giving keynote tickets. The rest will have to be the first 5500 people to get in.

He's been a judge for a few years now, and I don't think he's ever gone to the event? I know he didn't go last year. I highly doubt he'll go, especially since this week is GOTY week and probably their most intense work week outside of E3.

We'll see. I'm getting more and more cynical about Sony events, so until they actually deliver at one I'll remain sceptical.

Gamescom was probably one of the best shows I have seen in years though :p

Myggen

Gamescom was probably one of the best shows I have seen in years though :p

What did they announce there? I'm just down on Sony in general at the moment, it's probably not based on facts. I know there's a lot of stuff coming, it's probably mostly due to the console being a disappointment to me in terms of exclusives and such so far (third parties are generally best played on a PC). Bloodborne is my next big hope, but I fear that game is coming in hot.

Fuck it, time to rewatch Phantasmagoria.

Always a good idea.

It's fantastic. I loved that game. EDIT: My favourite is probably Hydrogen.

Miami Disco!

What did they announce there? I'm just down on Sony in general at the moment, it's probably not based on facts. I know there's a lot of stuff coming, it's probably mostly due to the console being a disappointment to me in terms of exclusives and such so far (third parties are generally best played on a PC). Bloodborne is my next big hope, but I fear that game is coming in hot.

Always a good idea.

Maybe he's taking about the stream of the Gamescom 2013 stream. You know, the one where Brad completely loses it. I honestly don't remember what major announcements they made this year. Day Z was one, I think (or was that E3?). That's major-ish, I guess.

Myggen

Maybe he's taking about the stream of the Gamescom 2013 stream. You know, the one where Brad completely loses it. I honestly don't remember what major announcements they made this year. Day Z was one, I think (or was that E3?). That's major-ish, I guess.

No Man's Sky?

*shrug*

edit: Didn't announce it there of course, but showed some cool footage IIRC.

edit2: Do we know if Vinny will be in town tomorrow? Since they're recording the podcast and all. I'm guessing he and Alex will since Patrick is travelling now, but...

Always a good idea.

Miami Disco!

For someone who doesn't own a proper gaming pc I think the amount of content mainly indies and exclusives like rime, hellblade tomorrow children and wild seems promising.

The alpha squashed my fears about bloodborne. Also persona 5 has given me an excuse to retire my ps3.

I think I have adopted quicker to this gen than last gen.

Myggen

For someone who doesn't own a proper gaming pc I think the amount of content mainly indies and exclusives like rime, hellblade tomorrow children and wild seems promising.

The alpha squashed my fears about bloodborne. Also persona 5 has given me an excuse to retire my ps3.

I think I have adopted quicker to this gen than last gen.

Stop showing enthusiasm!

Just earlier I was thinking the same. I've never done a rewatch of it.

Do it!

No Man's Sky?

*shrug*

edit: Didn't announce it there of course, but showed some cool footage IIRC.

edit2: Do we know if Vinny will be in town tomorrow? Since they're recording the podcast and all. I'm guessing he and Alex will since Patrick is travelling now, but...

Yeah, NMS was announced at VGX (ugh). I wonder what new announcements the Game Awards will bring us (if any). I doubt Sony will reveal anything there since their event is the days following it. Then again, maybe I'm wrong, and they're going to take advantage of the Game Awards also being in Vegas. Maybe reveal a game in two parts? One bit at the Game Awards, the other bit at the PlayStation Experience?

Myggen

Yeah, NMS was announced at VGX (ugh). I wonder what new announcements the Game Awards will bring us (if any). I doubt Sony will reveal anything there since their event is the days following it. Then again, maybe I'm wrong, and they're going to take advantage of the Game Awards also being in Vegas. Maybe reveal a game in two parts? One bit at the Game Awards, the other bit at the PlayStation Experience?

Fallout 4

lol

Vinny/Alex Phantasmagoria 2 playthrough when?

People need to remind Vinny on Twitter that that is something they have to do early next year!

Myggen

He's got that Smash Fevah.

I wonder who he'll ally with to move SB up a few slots, Dan?

Isn't it Bayo 2 he's playing right now?

Bayonetta might have a good chance at a top 5 place.

Well, Bethesda always seemed to announce their games at the VGA's. That Skyrim reveal in 2010 was all kinds of epic.

Oh yeah, that's why people always get their hopes up for it. Fallout 4 is overdue to announced now, so who knows? Still, won't hold my breath for it, they could easily announce it on their own and get as much or more hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom