• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Spike count as television? Technically, I guess, but just barely.

HAHAHA. Barely? On the topic of the Game Awards though, I was just listening to the live Episode 400 of the PlayStation Nation Podcast and the co-host Glenn (known on NeoGAF as Torgo), mentioned he heard Keighley say that we should expect 12 announcements at the awards. At least, one of them will be huge, I would think.

Myggen

HAHAHA. Barely? On the topic of the Game Awards though, I was just listening to the live Episode 400 of the PlayStation Nation Podcast and the co-host Glenn (known on NeoGAF as Torgo), mentioned he heard Keighley say that we should expect 12 announcements at the awards. At least, one of them will be huge, I would think.

Keighley has been hyping it up, for sure.

Wasn't that the guy (Torgo) who spoiled that Jason was one of the GB hires btw? :)

Keighley has been hyping it up, for sure.

Wasn't that the guy (Torgo) who spoiled that Jason was one of the GB hires btw? :)

Yup. They both have podcasts that started on a website called VGEvo. Jason has InDis (Interactive Distractions) and Glenn has PSNation.

Myggen

Yup. They both have podcasts that started on a website called VGEvo. Jason (I think he may still do it) has/had InDis (Interactive Distractions) and Glenn has PSNation.

Come to think of it, it was probably you who posted about it first in this thread? Ah, more innocent times.

Come to think of it, it was probably you who posted about it first in this thread? Ah, more innocent times.

Yeah. It was. As soon as I heard the news on the podcast, I rushed over here to give everyone the scoop. It was pretty exciting, as that made it even more obvious Dan was coming (since they were both from GI).

Bacon

Just stacked another sub on top of my current one. I'm now a member through 2016. Will I even like giantbomb then? Will Brad quit giantbomb to become a solo streamer on twitch? Will Jeff leave to pursue stand up comedy leaving Dan to take over the reigns and create an all anime all the time giantbomb?

These are all questions that need to be asked.

Just stacked another sub on top of my current one. I'm now a member through 2016. Will I even like giantbomb then? Will Brad quit giantbomb to become a solo streamer on twitch? Will Jeff leave to pursue stand up comedy leaving Dan to take over the reigns and create an all anime all the time giantbomb?

These are all questions that need to be asked.

Patrick takes over gb.

kvk1

http://youtu.be/hQo1HIcSVtg

Mj54oSb.gif

I looked at his last posts a couple of days ago, didn't see anything ban-worthy. Maybe he asked to be banned for a while like Coldman did some time back? Who knows.

He achieved Higher Love

oh.

godspeed then

Coffee Tastes Better on Mondays has shown up, is this a Patrick only morning show?

more likely its Patrick's version of Jar time (aka Q and A with Patrick) video that he does from time to time

IIRC he mentioned that he was gonna record one before heading out to San Fran.

Probably. I bet Alex is too busy to do the usual morning show. Is he flying into SF tomorrow with Vinny?

more likely its Patrick's version of Jar time (aka Q and A with Patrick) video that he does from time to time

IIRC he mentioned that he was gonna record one before heading out to San Fran.

I see, thank you both! Also I think according to his twitter, he is on the plane to Cali now!

Metal Gear Scanlon: Strut Happens

I accidentally watched part 8 before part 7 and was wondering why none of what was going on made much sense. That's what I get for waiting a week to catch up, haha

So much content to work through!

Isn't it Bayo 2 he's playing right now?

Bayonetta might have a good chance at a top 5 place.

Oh yeah, that's why people always get their hopes up for it. Fallout 4 is overdue to announced now, so who knows? Still, won't hold my breath for it, they could easily announce it on their own and get as much or more hype.

Well, yeah, it'd be Dan by process of elimination. He's mainly playing Bayo 2, though, pretty sure. My confidence that it'll make top 5 has grown tremendously btw.

Oh, I didn't know, was jumping to conclusions (he was playing VC last I heard).

grapetile

Neo Member
Reading through those Mario Party 2 stats, I got reminded of Jeff saying "When it comes to Mario Party, I'm too blessed to be stressed", which is fucking great.

Myggen

We know, yet, when Vinny and Alex are arriving in SF? I'm expecting Patrick to be on this week's Bombcast.

Nope, no word on that yet.

Alex is already in SF though, I think. He was going there for Thanksgiving, so would be surprised if he went back to NYC for a day just to fly to SF again. I would be surprised if Vinny's not in SF today.

Idea for a TV Show: One person goes to some trendy/fine dining restaurant while Dan orders some comparable item at Taco Bell. With each episode, we get a better idea of Taco Bell's strategy for the inevitable Fast Food Wars.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What the hell is that?

I mean it actually does look like actual shit.

Albeit shit that came from a well-balanced diet full of fibre.

daydream

Banned
Finished my TANG rewatch yesterday. Such a well-written feature, really entertaining.

Nope, no word on that yet.

Alex is already in SF though, I think. He was going there for Thanksgiving, so would be surprised if he went back to NYC for a day just to fly to SF again. I would be surprised if Vinny's not in SF today.

Ah, didn't know about Alex's Thanksgiving. Vinny already being there would be a very pleasant surprise, also.

Will M

Finished my TANG rewatch yesterday. Such a well-written feature, really entertaining.

TANG was the first feature I watched on GB and my first intro to Ryan coupled with Vinny's awesome editing. Loved the last scenes with Ryan super-imposed in movies... Resident Evil is one my favorites.

Myggen

Ah, didn't know about Alex's Thanksgiving. Vinny already being there would be a very pleasant surprise, also.

I don't remember where I heard that stuff about Alex, Twitter I think? But yeah, I'm pretty sure that he spent Thanksgiving in SF.

This is the main week for GOTY stuff, so I would think that Vinny's gonna be there from today until Friday. Patrick's in town until next Wednesday, so he's probably gonna be on two Bombcast. If I had to guess, there'll be a 5-man Bombcast with Patrick and Vinny this week (or Alex if Vinny's not there, or maybe Alex too if he's there?), while Drew works on GOTY shit. Seems like they're already deep into the GOTY stuff, seeing as both Jason and Drew were working on it last Wednesday.

Haunted

Random observations: Dan did really well in the Alien Isolation QL.

Making good points, recounting his own experiences, pointing out when Brad was being silly/panicking (like crouchwalking when three androids are chasing you :lol), just being an all-around solid co-presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom