• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Huh never knew Twitch's game list is automatically generated from Giantbomb.

It is. I remember Jeff talking about how there's always some streamers coming to the site requesting Wiki pages to be made of really obscure stuff that is against GB's rules.

edit: This is probably also the last day of the Premium sale. Just FYI!

popo

What? You are making me out to be some kind of snob. There are books that not everyone can read on account of being, quite simply, difficult reads. For instance, I have tried repeatedly but I can't read Ulysses by James Joyce and I know a few people who burned out of War & Peace or Blood Meridian on account of being too 'purple'/dry for them.

I dunno, I was expecting more literature and less genre fiction when I went to BookGAF. Not that there is anything wrong with genre fiction, I love me some Conan, Sherlock and have read my fair share of Games Workshop books in the past.

Seems you were saying more literary books are hard to read. I read it as "these babies can't read". I thought you were being snobbish. Sorry.

To be fair - it is easy enough to find a list of well regarded literary greats. Harder to get good genre recommendations.

Can someone link me to the first Spelunkin' with Scoops? I've been getting into the game but completely missed this when he was doing it. The site sucks at trying to find videos in any kind of order.

Volotaire

B3tqq3tCUAEQot0.png:small

Patrick Klepek
@patrickklepek
See you soon, San Franciso! pic

Here comes Spooks.

Myggen

This is fucking glorious. My favourite graphs include the one that shows Brad as the player who spent the most time in 1st place followed by Drew (with -1%; we all know where Brad ended up at the end, of course), and the map with the most travelled spaces (dat top row!).

Seriously amazing work by that guy.

Serious dedication! I'm reading through it now.

Alfredo

It is. I remember Jeff talking about how there's always some streamers coming to the site requesting Wiki pages to be made of really obscure stuff that is against GB's rules.

edit: This is probably also the last day of the Premium sale. Just FYI!

Haha. Maybe that's why Jeff knew about Project M, while the rest of the crew was clueless as to what it was.

Zaph

What. The. Fuck.

I don't think I put that much effort into my dissertation.

I'm slightly amused by the fact that this guys doesn't seem to be a premium member.
He's premium. But as with everything on the site lately - avatars are buggy.

Here comes Spooks.
I'm legitimately excited to see them all in the office together again, it feels like it's been forever since Vinny moved. The couch is gonna be packed.

Patrick and Dan haven't been on anything together yet, right? I'm excited to see what that looks like. Motherfuckers are practically exact opposites, besides their correct opinions about Nintendo.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
All I want from the rest of this year is to see this again in a Giant Bombcast thread

RcmA8.png

:(
Man, why do you have to be so selfish Vinny? I was happy the way it was and then you had to move away just because kids n family n stuff. What about me huh? Did you even think about me?

What about a livestream of Keighley's awards show? That's on Friday, right?

Yes. It's Friday. The Sony thing is Saturday and Sunday. The keynote (where I assume stuff will be announced) is 10 AM (Las Vegas time?) Saturday. If there are going to be any cool game announcements there, sure. I just want to see their instant reactions to any potential massive reveal.

Myggen

Yes. It's Friday. The Sony thing is Saturday and Sunday. The keynote (where I assume stuff will be announced) is 10 AM (Las Vegas time?) Saturday. If there are going to be any cool game announcements there, sure. I just want to see their instant reactions to any potential massive reveal.

Yeah. I doubt either the award show (too late in the day on Friday, I expect) or Sony's thing is realistic (the weekend). But we can always hope!

Either way, hyped for this week and GOTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom