• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

So I'm guessing that the patrick coffee thing got eaten by the site's content manager?

Yup. They will probably have to upload it manually. Jason seemed to have some big problems with the upload robot on Wednesday (according to his Twitter), so doesn't surprise me.

Zaph

Meanwhile, at CBSi engineering...

7rqT1.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Give Nintendo another 5 years or so and they will discover the XBLA sized 20$ game format. Give them a break, they are new at that whole "Internet" thing.

Fireblend

Banned
I consider myself a big Nintendo fan and I thought the review was pretty fair. I actually would say the text is a lot more positive than the impression given by the star rating alone. Maybe people aren't reading it?

daydream

Banned
One? There's a bunch of people talking about the GB review and how GB hates Nintendo in that thread.

I think criticising the 'value' argument is fair. I don't agree, at all, with that. I can see what you mean about people unfairly making an anti-Nintendo site out of GB but, to be fair, the only reason they're wrong to bring this up is because Dan reviewed it. Otherwise that point would be somewhat fair. Still a bit exaggerated but fair.

I consider myself a big Nintendo fan and I thought the review was pretty fair. I actually would say the text is a lot more positive than the impression given by the star rating alone. Maybe people aren't reading it?

Is this a rhetorical question? People definitely aren't reading it. :p

hamchan

I actually think that Giant Bomb not being enthusiastic about Nintendo in general has a grain of truth in it. Pre-Dan, Alex or Patrick seemed to be the only ones that had some love for modern Nintendo. Let's just say I'm real happy Dan is here to balance things out, but it's still tragic he can't find anyone else at GBWest to play Smash with him.

Also 3D World got weirdly snubbed in their overall GOTY last year.

For some reason I've gotten this impression that if you add a half star or star to all of Dan's reviews they match the text way more.

Jeff's relationship with Nintendo seems to be like his relationship with wrestling. Deep down he really likes it, and that makes him more vocal about the things he doesn't like.

I don't know what Brad's deal is.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's pretty well known that Dan HATES Nintendo, so I guess Nin probably had to bribe him to give the game even 3 stars.

Jeff's relationship with Nintendo seems to be like his relationship with wrestling. Deep down he really likes it, and that makes him more vocal about the things he doesn't like.

I don't know what Brad's deal is.

I'm pretty sure they feel the same as I do. Which is that Nintendo CAN be the best developer in the world (Brad said that a number of times) but they don't seem to make games for me anymore. (Not in a durrr childish! kinda way though).
When Nintendo brings their A game nobody can beat them, but they are so stuck up their own asses a lot of time.

I actually think that Giant Bomb not being enthusiastic about Nintendo in general has a grain of truth in it. Pre-Dan, Alex or Patrick seemed to be the only ones that had some love for modern Nintendo. Let's just say I'm real happy Dan is here to balance things out, but it's still tragic he can't find anyone else at GBWest to play Smash with him.

Also 3D World got weirdly snubbed in their overall GOTY last year.

3D world being coop-focused in design kinda hurt it for me, tbh. I think it wouldve done better if it was more like 3D land in being designed for 1 player and leave the mulitplayer mario stuff to the NSMB games instead.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For some reason I've gotten this impression that if you add a half star or star to all of Dan's reviews they match the text way more.

I've always felt the opposite about Brad's reviews. The text makes me expect a full star lower almost every time.

They really are evil twins.

Myggen

Quick Look tomorrow ?

Wouldn't surprise me. Given the Thanksgiving weekend I doubt they've recorded a QL yet, so tomorrow or maybe Wednesday? Also, I would consider Dan to almost be a Nintendo fanboy, so if anyone's suggesting he's biased against Nintendo don't know what they're talking about. It's Jeff and Brad you have to worry about ;)

Myggen

Coffee With Patrick

edit: Double post.

edit2: Patrick confirmed that he and Vinny are staying in SF for 10 days (in the same hotel room?!). So Patrick + Vinny Bombcasts this week and the next hopefully, along with GOTY nonsense going up on the site in December etc. Good times.

Wouldn't surprise me. Given the Thanksgiving weekend I doubt they've recorded a QL yet, so tomorrow or maybe Wednesday? Also, I would consider Dan to almost be a Nintendo fanboy, so if anyone's suggesting he's biased against Nintendo don't know what they're talking about. It's Jeff and Brad you have to worry about ;)

This situation just reminds me about mega sonic fan Tim Turi being attacked because he rightfully so panned sonic boom.

kiyomi

edit2: Patrick confirmed that he and Vinny are staying in SF for 10 days (in the same hotel room?!). So Patrick + Vinny Bombcasts this week and the next hopefully, along with GOTY nonsense going up on the site in December etc. Good times.

PattyVinny baybeez!

Seriously though that's awesome news.

Give Nintendo another 5 years or so and they will discover the XBLA sized 20$ game format. Give them a break, they are new at that whole "Internet" thing.
No matter how shit Nintendo are with online stuff, Super Smash Bros. will probably be the only game this holiday whose online portion isn't completely fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom