• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNeJ6LBlFc

Give Nintendo another 5 years or so and they will discover the XBLA sized 20$ game format. Give them a break, they are new at that whole "Internet" thing.

They make download games, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you being snarky to score internet points, or am I giving you too much credit?

It'll be glorious if the Brad filibuster doesn't work on Dan.
I stand by my earlier prediction of an hour plus long segment in which Brad descends into increasingly illogical arguments to filibuster for his choice while Dan just keeps bluntly saying "nope I'm right."

Secondary prediction: Jeff tries to sneak in some game that only he really likes into the Top 10 again, Dan either agrees without hesitation because he's focused on beating Brad's filibuster, or adds another 30 minutes to that cast by actually trying to argue.

Bacon

I'm banking on Vinny bringing his A game to unpro fridays this week. He's gotta knock this one out of the park because who knows when he will be on one again!

Phediuk

My God at the bitterness in the Captain Toad review thread.

The persecution complex really is a thing.

On a side note, what are our final bets on who will be gunning for what on the GOTYcasts?

Jeff- Far Cry 4 and COD, I guess. Perhaps Forza Horizon 2. Is there a Divekick/Syndicate equivalent this year?

Brad- Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, GTA5 PS4 version. 5 stars to South Park, but that was a Q1 game.

Dan- Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros

Drew- Tempted to say Master Chief Collection, but he was also kinda bummed by it.

Patrick- had high praise for Dragon Age, so probably that. Also liked Alien Isolation and Divinity.

Alex- Loved Jazzpunk, though that was early in the year, so like South Park for Brad, it might be forgotten. Also liked Wolfenstein, Valiant Hearts, and D4.

Vinny- Who even knows.

Any other predictions?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What would Brad even filibuster? Destiny?

No way he's even going to try it. Everybody but him really dislikes the game. He'll probably argue to keep it from "Most disappointing game of the year" but that'll be it.

Alex- Loved Jazzpunk, though that was early in the year, so like South Park for Brad, it might be forgotten. Also liked Wolfenstein, Valiant Hearts, and D4.

Funnily enough Alex just mentioned Jazzpunk on the Mixlr thing. I would expect to see that fairly high up on his list.

Myggen

Funnily enough Alex just mentioned Jazzpunk on the Mixlr thing. I would expect to see that fairly high up on his list.

Yup, he mentioned it being his GOTY on Bombin' a couple of months ago. Might not be that high on his final list, but it'll be up there. Mentioned that he's played through it 4 times. Jeff also really loved that game, Vinny too.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
No bombin' the am today? But I wanted to know how Patrick's polar bear dive went. He was hyping it up a few weeks ago...

He jumped in, it was really cold so he got out quickly. It was interesting and a new experience, but he wouldn't do it again next month. Maybe in a year though.

At least that's my prediction of what he would say.

Patryn

So what is the Bombcast lineup this week going to be like? I'm going to take the wild guess that Drew will sit it out, so Brad, Jeff, Dan, Alex, Patrick and maybe Vinny?

Do they even have that many seats?

Is it wrong that even if Vinny wants to sit out the actual Bombcast, I'm hoping that Small Business Man returns? Those ads were actually pretty fun to listen to.

My God at the bitterness in the Captain Toad review thread.

The persecution complex really is a thing.

On a side note, what are our final bets on who will be gunning for what on the GOTYcasts?

Jeff- Far Cry 4 and COD, I guess. Perhaps Forza Horizon 2. Is there a Divekick/Syndicate equivalent this year?

Brad- Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, GTA5 PS4 version. 5 stars to South Park, but that was a Q1 game.

Dan- Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros

Drew- Tempted to say Master Chief Collection, but he was also kinda bummed by it.

Patrick- had high praise for Dragon Age, so probably that. Also liked Alien Isolation and Divinity.

Vinny- Who even knows.

Any other predictions?

Dan has gone on record after Bayonetta 2 that his GOTY so far was Mordor. Considering he gave Bayonetta 5 stars and Smash 4 stars, I'd say he's a lock for Mordor unless something drastic changed. Jeff is probably going to be mostly FC4 and Brad seemed to be REALLY into Mordor as well. Patrick will probably go with Alien Isolation. I'm not really sure about the GBEast guys, since they have mostly played crappy games on QLs so it's hard to gauge their interest.

Patryn

Dan has gone on record after Bayonetta 2 that his GOTY so far was Mordor. Considering he gave Bayonetta 5 stars and Smash 4 stars, I'd say he's a lock for Mordor unless something drastic changed. Jeff is probably going to be mostly FC4 and Brad seemed to be REALLY into Mordor as well. Patrick will probably go with Alien Isolation. I'm not really sure about the GBEast guys, since they have mostly played crappy games on QLs so it's hard to gauge their interest.

I've flipped on my Jeff prediction and I'm now feeling like 80 percent certain it's going to be CoD: Advanced Warfare. He really, really seems to like that game.

I also have this weird suspicion that Patrick may take Bayonetta 2 as his GOTY. He really seemed enamored with it.

The others are only fans of 90s Nintendo.

I got a little mad when in the podcast Brad was complaining that more Fire Emblem characters were there before another from Punch out.

Brad, dude, Fire Emblem is also a senior franchise (and also NES/Famicom era) and right now more prominent that Punch Out.

I'm on team "don't factor value into a critical appraisal", but Giant Bomb ain't exactly EDGE with its approach to reviews, so I dig it. Toad does seem way overpriced.

Chuck

Still without luck
I find it ludicrous that people are saying reviews should consider price.

that is why reviews of anything exist.

Lijik

I'm on team "don't factor value into a critical appraisal", but Giant Bomb ain't exactly EDGE with its approach to reviews, so I dig it. Toad does seem way overpriced.
People in that thread saying he shouldnt complain because it was already "budget priced" at 40 dollars made me realize i still think of ps2-era prices when it comes to anything that arent big games

It's weird that jeff loves the movement in CODAW so much given that, even with all of the changes they made to the gameplay, Titanfall moves so damn fluidly compared to it. If titanfall had better maps and as much content out of the gate that CODAW has i don't think it's even a fair comparison.

And this is coming from someone who has enjoyed both games but found Titanfall to be lacking in features.

Also, $40 might be budget priced for nintendo but pretty damn pricey for normal human beings. They should've priced it like they did with New Luigi Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom