• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwimpy

All I want from the rest of this year is to see this again in a Giant Bombcast thread

RcmA8.png
tumblr_nawa2bLAYS1qcluu2o2_250.gif

Man, that endgame content for Captain Toad is weird.
It's like Richter mode in Symphony of the Night, but not fun.

Also getting really tired of the "it's pretty much the same level, but this time a clone of you is chasing you" stages in Nintendo stuff.

ok, im calling it: this is the week we finally settle which giant bomb member we want for our dad. There's been no greater week than this one to figure it out, i give you all till the end of unprofessional friday to cast your lot.

- It's Halo
- You're Microsoft
- Get it done.

I feel like this needs to be incorporated into a thread title. Last week's bombcast was amazing.

ok, im calling it: this is the week we finally settle which giant bomb member we want for our dad. There's been no greater week than this one to figure it out, i give you all till the end of unprofessional friday to cast your lot.

Dan. This isn't a hard question.

Patryn

Cool Baby.

Because he's cool.

oh god, that's so terrible... why did i post this

Myggen

Man, that endgame content for Captain Toad is weird.
It's like Richter mode in Symphony of the Night, but not fun.

Also getting really tired of the "it's pretty much the same level, but this time a clone of you is chasing you" stages in Nintendo stuff.

Yeah, especially the levels straight out of 3D World that makes no sense with Toad's movement just seem like straight filler. Just put a few ladders in and call it a day...

edit: If anyone's wondering when the sale will end:

Matthew Rorie ‏@frailgesture 10 minutes ago

@JonathanACole @jeffgerstmann Probably tomorrow at noon for the site, but the Paypal store option will end later in the day.

I listened to it as a podcast, and it's fine. Kinda just general talk about himself, his doings, and a few questions he answers from his tumblr.

Bayo lives or dies depending on what brad feels about it. Jeff has shown that he'll go with the flow in regards to if others reach a consensus, so Brad is probably going to play kingmaker again. And given that afaik he's played mordor but not invested much time with bayo2, i'm going to go with Mordor winning it.

Bayonetta is clearly better than Mordor, but that's the least awful alternative based on what they've actually played. Either way, the Nemisis System deserves additional recognition. It's also kind of sad because the stories that come out of the system are about one hundred times better than Mordor's actual story.

Myggen

dude that video is reallllllly bad. The sounds will haunt me forever

The Dan Ryckert YT channel seal of quality right there. I remember some people not being happy when I posted the video of his sister doing that milk gallon challenge.

Do Nintendo teams all share tech / use the same engine for Wii U?

Nintendo Land, Mario 3D world, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD and Captain Toad all have this weird visual similarity to them.

Wunder

The Dan Ryckert YT channel seal of quality right there. I remember some people not being happy when I posted the video of his sister doing that milk gallon challenge.

I've watched all those videos, and I think this is the worst one. If this was filmed with proper lighting, I really think I would have heaved. The Milk Gallon one with the dude is pretty bad too.

Megasoum

Banned
Do Nintendo teams all share tech / use the same engine for Wii U?

Nintendo Land, Mario 3D world, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD and Captain Toad all have this weird visual similarity to them.

They most probably all use the same engine for first party games (just like every first party EA game is using Frostbite now).

Brashnir

They're all younger than me. The real question is which GB member wants me to be their dad.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I think the secret to Dan not being morbidly obese is that he drinks and pukes enough that he's sort of just involuntarily bulimic.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan with the case of Natty, showing once again that he has no respect for his body and possibly no functioning sense of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom