• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hole in my life that can only be filled by Drew fumbling his way through a metal gear game.

Drew and Dan need to screw this GOTY stuff and get back to the important content.

Jintor

Man that sucks. It's $5 extra on the eshop compared to retail for no good reason.

Fucking Nintendo/atlus.

Tell me about it. I bought Alpha Sapphire to practice my Japanese, too, so that's probably the last 3DS purchase for a while, at least until RF4 drops... both on the eshop and in price, given initial reports

Man that sucks. It's $5 extra on the eshop compared to retail for no good reason.

Fucking Nintendo/atlus.

The price is already inflated in the US, so I can't imagine what Australians have to pay. Atlus did the same thing with Shin Megami Tensei IV, so I guess they figure they can ream their fans on 3DS for whatever reason. SMTIV at least came with a book, a quick localization turnaround, and a rebate deal with Fire Emblem, though. Persona Q just has tinny voices. I guess that premium price wasn't used to cover the cost of bigger carts, but then what's the justification for the higher price above something like P4 Golden?

I have a hole in my life that can only be filled by Drew fumbling his way through a metal gear game.

Drew and Dan need to screw this GOTY stuff and get back to the important content.

This is how I feel.

I worked from Thanksgiving to Monday without a break...and I was hoping for an MGScanlon.

god i'm pathetic.

Fuck that thread
Fuck gaming side
COMMUNITY FOREVER
CHOKE ON FRAMERATE MOTHERFUCKERS
Yeah wow, I did not expect that at all. Lol like I said in that thread such a weird contrast to this one. Haters Jeff haters. All <3 here and that's what matters

Edit: oh yeah he hates yoshi. Fuck that guy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The price is already inflated in the US, so I can't imagine what Australians have to pay. Atlus did the same thing with Shin Megami Tensei IV, so I guess they figure they can ream their fans on 3DS for whatever reason. SMTIV at least came with a book, a quick localization turnaround, and a rebate deal with Fire Emblem, though. Persona Q just has tinny voices. I guess that premium price wasn't used to cover the cost of bigger carts, but then what's the justification for the higher price above something like P4 Golden?

At least SMTIV is 26 bucks here when they finally got around to it.

Meanwhile soul hackers is 80 bucks for no good fucking reason. Which is worse because when they released it here the cart version went for 45 bucks but I didn't get it then.

im just surprised someone cares about driveclub tbh

The Cult Of Driveclub is strong around those parts. Tread lightly.
Wouldn't want to bump the guy in front of you, that's a time penalty.

But yeah, Jeff's made enemies for sure. Yoshi's Island, Twilight Princess, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us - he either hates, or is decidedly ambivalent towards games that a lot of people love. Then he pushes to get fucking DiveKick in the 2013 Top Ten.

If you like games, at some point you are going to disagree heavily with Jeff Gerstmann. It's a fact of life. But that's true of every great critic.

Wait, what happened?

Thread on Gaming side encouraged people to vote for Gerstmann for "Trending Gamer" at The Game Awards. Brought out a LOT of haters.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I shanked Jeff once in Black Ops 2 on TNT. Yeaaaaaaaaah fuck that guy! That'll teach him to hate yoshi!

Rainmaker

Banned
My face is stuck in a funny position that a laugh track would love to play behind after reading that thread.

Something is wrong with people.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
While that isn't an insult I would wish on my worst enemy, it's just one guy really.

Hell, I'd say lovers to haters ratio in that thread is probably 80:20.

I did my dirt, gave Jeff my vote, you guys should look into a burner Facebook account, my made up Flint McBeefchest facebook page is full of crap like this, it works out well.

demidar

While that isn't an insult I would wish on my worst enemy, it's just one guy really.

Hell, I'd say lovers to haters ratio in that thread is probably 80:20.

I think hating Jeff is fine, but for valid reasons. That post about how "If Gamespot wanted him around he'd still be there" was just groanworthy, but thankfully he got decimated.

That's cause we all bumrushed the thread.

AcridMeat

Banned
I shanked Jeff once in Black Ops 2 on TNT. Yeaaaaaaaaah fuck that guy! That'll teach him to hate yoshi!
I beat him a few times in a row on Divekick late at night during a livestream, think it was one of the 24 hour ones. The last one I frauded him. When we matched up again, since no one was playing the PC version at that time of night, he quit out. It was exhilarating.

Xater

im just surprised someone cares about driveclub tbh

I liked Driveclub and don't agree with Jeff at all about it, doesn't make me hate him though. Just shows how petty some people are. That thread was a shameful display. Now I am actually glad we are in community, because it's absolutely incomprehensible to me how you can hate Gerstmann.

daydream

Banned
Jeff has been providing the best, most spot-on insight and level-headed commentary on the industry and specific games (outside of opinions on quality, I mean) on such a consistent basis, it's almost scary. That paired with his encyclopedic on games - I don't understand how one can not have the highest respect for him. I certainly do, and I disagree with him all the time. <3 Greg

demidar

Jeff has been providing the best, most spot-on insight and level-headed commentary on the industry and specific games (outside of opinions on quality, I mean) on such a consistent basis, it's almost scary. That paired with his encyclopedic on games - I don't understand how one can not have the highest respect for him. I certainly do, and I disagree with him all the time. <3 Greg

yeah but he dun like yoshis island so he can get fucked
boi

Brashnir

I think hating Jeff is fine, but for valid reasons. That post about how "If Gamespot wanted him around he'd still be there" was just groanworthy, but thankfully he got decimated.

That's cause we all bumrushed the thread.

Did anyone in that thread have valid reasons? They all seemed to boil down to "He didn't like the things I like enough," which I guess is a pretty common theme around this site.

I actually do agree with him a lot of the time, but even when I don't at least I know where he's coming from.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Was that a match on a boat? Think I remember that.

Yep. It was my giantbomb moment of fame!

Jeff got his revenge on me on the Injustice TNT. I dont think he lost one match the whole show. I do remember Ryan giving me props for being the closest to beating him. I was so close!

<3 Ryan

Haunted

If you're spending a lot of time in a single community thread that can lead to a warped view - like thinking that everyone likes and respects Jeff.

It's good to have a general thread with differing opinions pop up once in a while to provide some perspective
even if those people are wrong and should feel bad about their wrong opinion

There's no way he is actually going beat Totalbiscuit, that dude actually gives a shit about winning the dumb award.

fyumcpz.png

Yeah unless tons of Giant Bomb fans starts voting from now to Friday, Totalbiscuit has this one beat.

justjim89

So what do you think this year's GOTY bit is going to be? The FMV game thing, fake TV shows, fake gaming TV shows through the decades, what's next? I'm really eager to see what they do especially with everybody there.

Dan will surely talk them into doing something with Metal Gear/wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom