• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be proven wrong, but I feel like they might just keep quiet about it this time, rather than engaging the community/encouraging people to apply.

Yeah, makes me think they definitely know who they want and the position showing up on the corporate site is mostly a formality

tchocky

So they haven't said anything publicly about the position haven't they?

I doubt they will that might encourage people to apply when they already know who they want. Recently they advertised for an engineer and Rorie mentioned the posting on twitter this time nothing.

daydream

Banned
Transcribed tweet from Cara:

I guess people are really excited about the idea.

Cara's the perfect hire. Cara-chan would be the only person who'd get me to read articles on GB (love you Scoops but you're so much better on camera/in front of a mic).

Me and Coldman will wish this into existence.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Cara the lady thats been in quite a few podcasts, and especially bombin the AMs in the last few months? the freelancer or something, working on a music game?

if so, shes awesome. well at least she was on those 'casts, very soothing, very friendly, quite nice to listen to

is Cara the lady thats been in quite a few podcasts, and especially bombin the AMs in the last few months? the freelancer or something, working on a music game?

if so, shes awesome. well at least she was on those 'casts, very soothing, very friendly, quite nice to listen to

You're thinking of Samantha Kalman (sp?) she was the one on the Jason extra life stream. I don't think she'd apply for this job, she's a game developer.

Anjin M

Cara's the perfect hire. Cara-chan would be the only person who'd get me to read articles on GB (love you Scoops but you're so much better on camera/in front of a mic).

Me and Coldman will wish this into existence.
It would be an amazing coup if they could get her in New York. Especially since she's winding her Embed With project down (if I recall correctly). Giant Bomb would be the perfect landing spot for her.

If only we could get her posting in the thread again....

Does Cara even want the job ? Did she apply for the SF one earlier this year ? I thought she was a nomad.
She seems to be looking for a way to settle down. Doing so in the US would be a huge undertaking, as Danny has discussed, but I think she would go for it. I believe she did apply for the SF job.

No thanks
You continue to disappoint, Chuck. :(

Does Cara even want the job ? Did she apply for the SF one earlier this year ? I thought she was a nomad.

Yeah, from the sounds of it she enjoys travelling around and writing articles doing it. It lets her branch out a bit too, I believe she's written for Vice? It'd be neat to have her in NY with Vinny and Alex, I wonder how the dynamic would be.

Also can you guys will a Metal Gear Scanlon into existence tonight...? O:

She will bring up (I'm sure out of self deprecation, etc, cause I'd be the same way...or inebriated) about how she wishes to stop traveling and be hired by a big game outlet. It'd surely be a lot to put herself out there again though.

I honestly don't think it'll be Cara. From the sounds of it GameSpot had a hell of a time getting Danny over, and it sounds like they were only willing to go through it because it's Danny. Unless she started the visa process a while ago then it would take a lot of time and probably money to get her into the position where she could go live and work in NY.

Jintor

So what I'm gathering from this inane wanking that happened overnight is that you guys are more concerned about the race/gender of a potential hire over experience/work ability? That sounds kind of discriminatory to me.

Lol I seriously don't want to have to reexplain structural inequality again for the ten billionth time

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
When the new MGS episode goes up, how many of the controls will Drew have forgotten? Will he mess up confirm/cancel at least once? Is it possible to make negative progress in an hour? I'm assuming GOTY stuff takes priority over that, so maybe we're looking at a solid 45 day wait until the next episode after the new year. After that long he might even forget how annoying Rose is.

Okay, nobody could forget that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The new Haunted House game seems to be on the same level of quality as Pineview Drive.
On the one hand it screams Dan/Drew but on the hand every QL they do for the month should just be Jeff and Vinny

When the new MGS episode goes up, how many of the controls will Drew have forgotten? Will he mess up confirm/cancel at least once? Is it possible to make negative progress in an hour? I'm assuming GOTY stuff takes priority over that, so maybe we're looking at a solid 45 day wait until the next episode after the new year. After that long he might even forget how annoying Rose is.

Okay, nobody could forget that.

Spoilers

Not to mention he's going straight into the Harrier fight...it's gonna be something to behold. So exciting.

Dunno what makes it so exciting. It's like watching him play, it's like playing the game for the first time all over again.

popo

I swear this thread is eating it's own tail again.

"They should hire Cara!"

someone rightly points out the visa issues

<10 posts later>

"Cara would be perfect for the job".

FFS. This must be what working in an old peoples home feels like. I am this close to strapping y'all to a bed for 20 hours a day and stealing your heirlooms.

Ruken

Banned
I hope they do quick looks with every possible combination of Vinny/Patrick/Alex and the San Francisco guys.

So far we've had just Vinny/Jeff

FStop7

Banned
I can't wait until they talk about Destiny again next week. The latest "fuck you" to the players regarding having to re-level weapons (followed by the smarmy, condescending remarks made by Bungie's "DeeJ") has to be the final nail in the "Biggest Disappointment" coffin. I actually didn't think that Destiny deserved that "honor" for a long time. But now? Yeah, it's a slam dunk.

Spoilers

Not to mention he's going straight into the Harrier fight...it's gonna be something to behold. So exciting.

Dunno what makes it so exciting. It's like watching him play, it's like playing the game for the first time all over again.

drew will probably spend an entire episode trying to deactivate the bombs before the fight.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't wait until they talk about Destiny again next week. The latest "fuck you" to the players regarding having to re-level weapons (followed by the smarmy, condescending remarks made by Bungie's "DeeJ") has to be the final nail in the "Biggest Disappointment" coffin. I actually didn't think that Destiny deserved that "honor" for a long time. But now? Yeah, it's a slam dunk.

For us sane people who haven't been thinking at all about Destiny except when forced by Brad injecting it directly into our earbrains while at work, what happened? That sounds mind blowingly stupid, so it couldn't possibly be what it sounds like, right?

Or is this their just way of saying "We're moving into the next beta phase and with that comes some character and equipment loss"?

daydream

Banned
I swear this thread is eating it's own tail again.

"They should hire Cara!"

someone rightly points out the visa issues

<10 posts later>

"Cara would be perfect for the job".

FFS. This must be what working in an old peoples home feels like. I am this close to strapping y'all to a bed for 20 hours a day and stealing your heirlooms.

The visa chances are slim but it's not impossible.

Let me dream for once, popo, GOD.

Jintor

Margaret is like atlus deciding that Elizabeth needs to be more boring.

Also Jesus Christ the quick look really butchered the texture work and voice acting of the game. They are much better in the game itself.

Hearing Jeff go off on missing textures for a few minutes before glancing down at the 3ds and going "oh it's the TV or something" was pretty funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom