• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

So what do you think this year's GOTY bit is going to be? The FMV game thing, fake TV shows, fake gaming TV shows through the decades, what's next? I'm really eager to see what they do especially with everybody there.

Dan will surely talk them into doing something with Metal Gear/wrestling.

As someone said a while back, if there's not a Velvet Sundown sketch, something has gone horribly wrong.

So what do you think this year's GOTY bit is going to be? The FMV game thing, fake TV shows, fake gaming TV shows through the decades, what's next? I'm really eager to see what they do especially with everybody there.

Dan will surely talk them into doing something with Metal Gear/wrestling.

Fake wrestling ring entrances.

Myggen

I give jeff props for making sure that category has a dumb ass picture befitting of it.

Seems like someone else chose that image and that he didn't have any input, if I understood his comments on the latest Bombcast correctly. Which just makes it all the more hilarious that they chose that picture.

Yeah unless tons of Giant Bomb fans starts voting from now to Friday, Totalbiscuit has this one beat.

Voting for Jeff and voting against TotalBiscuit at the same time is probably the best 2 for 1 deal of the century.

Ubisoft could learn a thing or two from this poll, if I'd bought Unity I'd take this over a free copy of the Crew anyday

Alucrid

Banned
jeff putting da:i on par with ac:u levels of broken was just smh

even then i still voted for him over those made up name people

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seems like someone else chose that image and that he didn't have any input, if I understood his comments on the latest Bombcast correctly. Which just makes it all the more hilarious that they chose that picture.

Good on the guy who did it then.

hamchan

I had the same reaction. Like yeesh guys, did you even play both of the games because the comparison was ludicrous.

Myggen

there should still be at least 1 more regular bombcast right? maybe even 2?

tuesday 9th
tuesday 16th

I have no idea how early they fuck off for holiday time off. it still baffles me you can do that in the states

On the 9th, 16th, and the 30th. Has the GOTY stuff begun on the 23rd? If not we'll get a Bombcast on that date too, even if it's just Jeff talking to himself for 3 hours.

Did he say that?

They will be off from Dec 22nd to Jan 4th.

GOTY will be (probably) from 29th to the 4th.

And they will record a all email podcast in the week of the 15th OR on the Monday the 22nd depending on travel stuff from the crew.
For release of the 23rd.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys...

aVQLXBO_700b_v1.jpg

Myggen

They will be off from Dec 22nd to Jan 4th.

GOTY will be (probably) from 29th to the 4th.

And they will record a all email podcast in the week of the 15th OR on the Monday the 22nd depending on travel stuff from the crew.
For release of the 23rd.

Last year's GOTY stuff was between the 23rd and the 27th. Any reason why it would be between the 29th to the 4th this year? As far as I know, GOTY has never gone into January before.

Anyways, the easy answer for "when will there be regular Bombcasts" is: Whenever there's not a GOTY cast on a Tuesday for the rest of the year.

Jintor

I'm watching the first Demo Derby and listening to Dan spoil way too much of Metal Gear to Drew :(

I completely forgot how much I love Metal Gear's stupid dumbass dumbassness

I might have to buy a PS4 at some point

man I don't really care one way or another if people dislike anyone I like, but the rationale in that thread is giving me a headache.

"he said anime is for jerks, fuck that guy"

Last year's GOTY stuff was between the 23rd and the 27th. Any reason why it would be between the 29th to the 4th this year? As far as I know, GOTY has never gone into January before.
Because of how week is structured and how CBSi is "closed" for +- 2 weeks mon-fry.
And most stuff is posted from mom-fry.

So that is why but I'm just speculating for now.

Myggen

Does anyone have a link to that Gerstmann vote thread. The drama in it sounds amazing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944896

Since the GOTY thing is happening does that mean we will get nothing more this week except for probably UPF? :(

Jeff indicated on the Bombcast that there would be a few QLs, so we'll see. I'm sure there'll be a UPF. But yeah, the week they record GOTY stuff is always very slow, always has been. There will at least be another Vinny/Patrick/Alex(?) Bombcast next week!

Imagine being a person who is incapable of understanding why people might find anime questionable

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm totally into anime, but at a certain point you have to realize the things you like might actually be terrible. And it's okay to like terrible things!

also I might be a jerk

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, no need to be so self-deprecating. Like all mediums it's pretty much 90% shit and 10% good.

No shame in thinking anime is good.

FluxWaveZ

man I don't really care one way or another if people dislike anyone I like, but the rationale in that thread is giving me a headache.

"he said anime is for jerks, fuck that guy"

I'm the only one who said that, though... But we all know Jeff's secretly a fan of anime.

popo

No he didn't

He said he watch his gf play it.

Frankly I'm shocked that PDP didn't win this. I guess nobody informed him?

Too busy being on south park.

what if Jeff Gerstmann is a made up name

All names are made up if you go back far enough.

Because of how week is structured and how CBSi is "closed" for +- 2 weeks mon-fry.
And most stuff is posted from mom-fry.

So that is why but I'm just speculating for now.

Office is closed all week over xmas so I doubt it will make a difference. Vinny even had to commute in one xmas because it was broken. Last couple of years it started 23 or 24th. They want people to have content when they are not at work, I imagine it gets them better traffic as most sites have nothing over the break.

Patryn

Anyways, the easy answer for "when will there be regular Bombcasts" is: Whenever there's not a GOTY cast on a Tuesday for the rest of the year.

I agree. They tend to run GOTY the week of Christmas.

Here's how I see things going (not this is all guesses):

Dec. 23 - Last regular Bombcast, probably also a livestream.

Dec. 24 - GOTY starts

Dec. 29 - Final day of GOTY

Dec. 30 - Weird ass Bombcast, ala last year's Skype-fest.

Jan. 4 - They return to the office and normality returns

Myggen

I agree. They tend to run GOTY the week of Christmas.

Here's how I see things going (not this is all guesses):

Dec. 23 - Last regular Bombcast, probably also a livestream.

Dec. 24 - GOTY starts

Dec. 29 - Final day of GOTY

Dec. 30 - Weird ass Bombcast, ala last year's Skype-fest.

Jan. 4 - They return to the office and normality returns

Yeah, that schedule, more or less, would be my guess too. I think they've always had the GOTY stuff run the week of Christmas.

I hope they do that this year too. I'm actually off from work this whole Christmas, would be awesome to have the GOTY stuff go up around that time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom