• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

Nope. I think it'll be around the same time as last year, 23rd-27th or something along those lines, but nothing announced.

I think Jeff said the date it would start at the end of the bombcast can't remember exactly but either 25th or 26th I think.

Patryn

Lena Headey plays a great interpretation of the Sarah Connor you see coming off from T2 and is probably worth seeing for her performance alone.

Edit: The biggest problem SCC had in my opinion was that at times it felt like they were spinning their wheels until big plot developments occurred. It's still much better than T3 or T4.

Edit Edit: Why is it Genisys and not Genesys?

SCC's biggest problem is that when they suddenly got a miraculous order for more episodes in the back half of Season 2, the show runner decided to start that back half off with some weird ass philosophical episodes that turned quite a bit of the existing audience off, much less potential viewers.

Which made it hurt all that much more when the end of Season 2 got NUTS and set up a potential Season 3 that would have been FASCINATING.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
His blandness and apparent corporate/PR trained on-camera personality made me mildly dislike him.

Hosting the Blizzard stage show and hyping unreleased games confirmed that corporate/PR trained personality and made me actively avoid him.

I just felt he got a bad rap for the few appearances he made on GB as a stand-in host, when people expected him to be a perfect fit in a situation that he probably wasn't 100% comfortable in.

Admittedly though I haven't seen much of his recent gamespot stuff, and can understand if he's doing stuff like that that people wouldn't be keen on him. He should be fine on a book/film podcast though.

Renpatsu

Which made it hurt all that much more when the end of Season 2 got NUTS and set up a potential Season 3 that would have been FASCINATING.
Seriously, the set up to SCC S3 would have made a much better 'reboot' of the franchise that the films should have capitalised upon.

Anjin M

I just felt he got a bad rap for the few appearances he made on GB as a stand-in host, when people expected him to be a perfect fit in a situation that he probably wasn't 100% comfortable in.

Admittedly though I haven't seen much of his recent gamespot stuff, and can understand if he's doing stuff like that that people wouldn't be keen on him. He should be fine on a book/film podcast though.
No matter how good or bad Chris might be, Mary will be on. This podcast can't go wrong.

daydream

Banned
Didn't it say it on that game recommendation thing they were doing a few weeks ago? I thought it said the 26th.

Sure does. Everyone keeps ignoring it, though. :p

Granted, it does seem pretty late but I don't think they'd have mentioned it if it wasn't accurate.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Z1FWroM.gif

Based on the trailer Genisys seems to be very heavily riding on nostalgia.

SCC is a good watch if you like Terminator stuff, it's got Headey and Glau and some cool Terminatoring.

Terminator 3 is a fun action movie.

Sarah Connor Chronicles is completely ignorant of anything post-T2, if I remember correctly, so for that reason it's probably the best Terminator thing besides the original duology.

The new movie looks like a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

Patryn

Sarah Connor Chronicles is completely ignorant of anything post-T2, if I remember correctly, so for that reason it's probably the best Terminator thing besides the original duology.

The new movie looks like a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

Yeah, TSCC retcons Terminator 3 and Terminator: Salvation out of existence.

Dizzy-4U

If they don't play 8-players Gang Beasts now that everyone is in the house, I'm gonna be mad.

Some Saturn Bomberman could be ok also. Get on it Jeff.

Anjin M

From Cara's tumblr:
johnnybigbutt asks: Is it flattering or weird or both that so many people want you to work at Giant Bomb?

It is lovely! I like the Giant Bomb community. They are usually very welcoming towards me, and a lot of GB fans who follow me on Twitter have been interesting, supportive people. I go on the forums often and the dedication many have to diversity issues, cultural criticism and incidentally WRESTLING is something I really like.
Ellison is clearly pandering with this answer. I hope Jeff sees right through her lies.
Actually, no. I still think Cara would be awesome if they could get her.

daydream

Banned
There's only one way to solve the visa situation and make this hire happen, guys.

Jeffrey Gerstmann needs to become the next US president.

The first step is to win the Trending Gamer prize. That's half the battle won right there.

Myggen

There's only one way to solve the visa situation and make this hire happen, guys.

The first step is to win the Trending Gamer prize. That's half the battle won right there.

Is Jeff even a US citizen? I need to see that birth certificate!

Yeah well why did she stop posting on gaf? :(

she's busy

also the most recent page on her tumblr has that bit, a part where she mentions how she'd like a site to hire her "yayy" and then some bemoaning her visa situation (booo)

also still weird as fuck that Rorie or no-one else has mentioned the position on the site

justjim89

Cara seems like a worthy choice, certainly.

Plus, if they go and hire another white dude Lord knows people will bitch even more than last time. Some folks in the more, shall we say, "liberal" circles are still pissy about Dan getting hired.

Anjin M

One of the bombers needs to bite the bullet and marry her so she can get an IR1 visa.

Dan's optimism versus Alex's pessimism about the headset in the anniversary PS4 video is pretty hilarious.

They are quite the complementary pair. Maybe even better than Dan and Jeff.

Apt101

Man, Vinny has some terrible luck. I hope homeboy is making six figures because Christ. At least they got the home cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom