• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out why there are literally a dozen GB duder's in the office and we some how didn't get a UPF... Game of the Year can wait!

Did they confirm there isn't one? If not, sometimes it takes a while for UPF to show up on the upcoming schedule (sometimes hours before the show).

Edit- Oh, did you think Thursday was Friday? Happens to the best of us.

Maybe because its thursday?

I think I know why.

Because UPF happens on Friday.

Today is Thursday?

edit: lol

Did they confirm there isn't one? If not, sometimes it takes a while for UPF to show up on the upcoming schedule (sometimes hours before the show).

Edit- Oh, did you think Thursday was Friday? Happens to the best of us.

giphy.gif

You're telling me it's been Thrusday all day? Damn, I fucked up, had my days all mixed up, I've been saying it's Friday all day, good thing I don't work tomorrow or I wouldn't have showed up lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
I just finished the first MGS. Pretty stellar game, but holy shit it does not look fun to play in 2014. So glad they did the feature as I never played any of them either. The post credits ending was incredible haha.

edit: In Ryckert we trust to keep that, of all features, going strong.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
So what is with the terminator mask? did they ever comment on it?

I bought some limited Terminator shirt from Fright Rags and it came with that sweet mask.

Also, sorry for no MGS lately. It's obviously been busy as fuck with all this podcasting, but I want to hit it hard as soon as we can.

Kirlia

Banned
I bought some limited Terminator shirt from Fright Rags and it came with that sweet mask.

Also, sorry for no MGS lately. It's obviously been busy as fuck with all this podcasting, but I want to hit it hard as soon as we can.

I can't wait!

Also, I hope you do some kind of QL or something with Vinny while he's around. That would be so awesome.

jgminto

I really hope Metal Gear Scanlon turns into a co-op dual screen playthrough of Peace Walker HD with both Drew and Dan playing. That would be so fun to see

Xater

I really hope Metal Gear Scanlon turns into a co-op dual screen playthrough of Peace Walker HD with both Drew and Dan playing. That would be so fun to see

They are only playing the mainline titles despite Peace Walker technically being mainline.

Excited for UPF, has potential to be pretty crazy with so many duders there at once.

What will Vinny have brought?

It's crazy to me how big GB is now, I know the staff is small relatively speaking. But when there was only like 5 of them I honestly wondered at times how long it could last. So great to see the site thrive.

Megasoum

Banned
Does Dan have a copy of The Document of MGS2? That was such a weird thing to release in stores.

I remember seeing it when he posted a picture of his personal MGS shrine.

Also, funny story. I once bought that from Ebay and the guy either fucked up or tried to screw me up and sent me MGS1 instead.... But hey, I didn't have a mint, still wrapped, non green MGS 1 copy so whatever... win win lol.

I remember seeing it when he posted a picture of his personal MGS shrine.

Also, funny story. I once bought that from Ebay and the guy either fucked up or tried to screw me up and sent me MGS1 instead.... But hey, I didn't have a mint, still wrapped, non green MGS 1 copy so whatever... win win lol.

Similar thing happened to me, but I ended up with a Japanese copy of the Doc instead.

Patryn

she's busy

also the most recent page on her tumblr has that bit, a part where she mentions how she'd like a site to hire her "yayy" and then some bemoaning her visa situation (booo)

also still weird as fuck that Rorie or no-one else has mentioned the position on the site

Still think it's because they have someone specific in mind, and they want to avoid the shitstorm of the last hiring. It's likely CBSi policy that all openings needed to be posted to that site.

It's the same way that Rorie came, which was during the CBSi era. I don't believe they ever publicized that opening, just suddenly announced that he was hired.

popo

Still think it's because they have someone specific in mind, and they want to avoid the shitstorm of the last hiring. It's likely CBSi policy that all openings needed to be posted to that site.

It's the same way that Rorie came, which was during the CBSi era. I don't believe they ever publicized that opening, just suddenly announced that he was hired.

If they don't have a specific person in mind, the posting makes it clear they are looking for someone that already has experience in the industry. Last time I think they were at least open to idea of employing an up and comer - especially for the video job - so they posted it on the forums. When they eventually went for Dan and Jason there was a fair amount of bad will, so this time they are being up front about the qualifications they are looking for.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
"High standards of editorial excellence, and a proven ability to lead a team that can deliver it" seems quite specific to me. The following line where they describe a "leader with history of success" is more what I'd expect as a general requirement in a lot of job listings; the candidate needing to be someone who is in control of their shit. Assuming they were to stick rigidly to those requirements, and they probably would not, that first line would seem to cut a ton of people out of the equation.

Jintor

Portable Ops was okay. In some ways I actually found it a little more entertaining than Peace Walker. But that's because Peace Walker was fucking nuts. As a prototype for what MGS5 will presumably be, I guess it's okay: as a game of its own... there was a lot of menu-simming going on there.

Metal Gear Scanlon is definitely reminding me of why I honestly do think the MGS franchise is one of the crowning achievements of video games, for good or for ill. It's just so fucking weird

sjack

Banned
As a prototype for what MGS5 will presumably be, I guess it's okay: as a game of its own... there was a lot of menu-simming going on there.

At the very least, I wish people will give it credit for that. A lot of the core ideas behind MGS 5 originated in Portable Ops (e.g. 4 weapons, ability to recruit soldiers, each soldier has their own individual stats etc.)

Jintor

Yeah, it's just a pity actually playing the fucking thing is so irritating

on the other hand

fulton

fulton everything

Xater

Yeah, it's just a pity actually playing the fucking thing is so irritating

on the other hand

fulton

fulton everything

Exactly, the game was severely gimped because of the hardware it was on. I might have had the same opinion on Peace Walker had I not played the HD version which is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom