• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

i feel like theres a second game on steam that has the exact same premise of "You are the pong ball, now go through different eras of gaming" that A Pixel Story has but i cant remember the name of it

There is. Evoland, an RPG where you go through the various eras of RPGs.

MGS controls aren't the best, but I'll take them over Ground Zeroes any day.

I have no idea how making it play exactly like everything else ever is seen as an improvement.

kermit.jpg

Ground zeroes is the best controlled MGS game ever, If there is one guarantee with TPP is that it will have the best gameplay in the entire series

I really liked MGS4's controls. Its just a shame after act 2 the combat areas get super boring and you don't have to use any of the options you have.

GZ stripped too much out.

I really liked MGS4's controls. Its just a shame after act 2 the combat areas get super boring and you don't have to use any of the options you have.

GZ stripped too much out.

All the controls are back in TPP from the TGS footage but more streamlined

They really should have put them in GZ

danm999

Whelp, finished with Metal Gear Scanlon 3. Like Drew, I'd never played it before and I thought that ending was very strong.

Excited to see what comes in MGS4. I've heard it's more of the craziness of MGS2.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
MGS 4 might be the only game where i fell asleep because of the cutscenes.

2 long

It'd be nice if they weren't so terribly written.

Nicer if they just didn't exist because 99% of the cut scene time in that game is completely wasted with useless information and conversations that never needed to happen, let alone on screen in a cut scene.

If I was a Genesis kid growing up (God help me if I was), then my handle would probably have been "chaosbreaker", but for now let's all google image search "chaosbreaker" and appreciate the 6th result for what it is.

Megasoum

Banned
The 10sec of music playing on loop non stop for the whole Pixel Story quicklook sounds like the Game of Thrones theme and it's bugging me.

That looks fucking horrifying and painful. I don't understand why someone would hold it like that... Is the thumb not responsive enough?

On another note, Witcher 3 looks pretty good.

That looks fucking horrifying and painful. I don't understand why someone would hold it like that... Is the thumb not responsive enough?

the DPAD works as the camera controls. Think of it as the right joystick on your typical controller, only it's directly above the analog nub. So if you want to move the camera while youre running around, you gotta claw it up.

I remember playing Portable Ops this way.

i still feel dirty.

I can't imagine playing a game like that. I feel like my hand would be able to take it for like two minutes.

there are people who play like that on normal controllers

true story

they will also get arthritis and die

I'm sure it's probably already been asked, but who is doing the Encyclopedia Bombastica of Soulcalibur? Alex?

I remember dan recently talking about SC so i figured he was behind the EB, probably with Jason. I *hope* they look at the dreamcast version because that HD version was a disgrace.

Wunder

WHAT IS THIS

THIS IS WHY I PLAY ON THE PC

edit: Also this is pretty great for fans of 00's RAW

although I do wish they would have included at least one "move to the f**kin' music" line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom