• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
On stream probably but man, being there in person... It my was my first PAX this year and I was basically there head in hands for most of the time. Jeff's at least getting pretty good at just shutting the dumb questions down.

I can't even imagine what it's like to be there in person, I'd probably just slide down my seat hoping for the ground to swallow me.

Bacon

You guys uhh, might want to start following that "I'm doing an ama on kotaku" thread on gaming side. Shit's about to get just got legendary

Mesoian

It wasn't that bad at PAXEast this year. But there's definitely been a few times where I just toss my head back and yell out "BRUH!"

There are some pretty good cringe jokes that happen at Q&A, like the one kid who went up to the microphone in the crash bandicoot denim jacket and asked, "What the hell am I wearing?!?"

Myggen

It wasn't that bad at PAXEast this year. But there's definitely been a few times where I just toss my head back and yell out "BRUH!"

There are some pretty good cringe jokes that happen at Q&A, like the one kid who went up to the microphone in the crash bandicoot denim jacket and asked, "What the hell am I wearing?!?"

I agree. But it might just be that I've watched my fair share of Comic Con Q&As over the years, so I've seen way, way, way, way worse than the GB Q&As. Like, try watching a Q&A with female cast members of a show geeks love, like any Joss Whedon show.

Anyways, off to see what this AMA thread is all about.

Tucah

you speak so well
You guys uhh, might want to start following that "I'm doing an ama on kotaku" thread on gaming side. Shit's about to get just got legendary

Spent the last 10 minutes or so reading/scrolling that thread. It's some pretty excellent shit.

I'm reading it and the Kotaku comments. I like some of his responses before 'the drama'. I know which side I'm inclined to believe on 'the drama'.

MGScanlon:
I was saluting the screen a few seconds before the end of the video. I'm glad Dan and Drew didn't leave me hanging :)

[EDIT - If Fallout 4 is exclusive to Xbone, that will be a real shame. Hopefully just timed DLC exclusivity or something if that's what Major Nelson is hinting at.]

Man, watchin the Scholar of the First Sin QL has reminded me why DS2 is so fun. I'll have to pick up the upgrade when it goes on sale some time, and embrace the death that awaits me.

I'm reading it and the Kotaku comments. I like some of his responses before 'the drama'. I know which side I'm inclined to believe on 'the drama'.

MGScanlon:
I was saluting the screen a few seconds before the end of the video. I'm glad Dan and Drew didn't leave me hanging :)

[EDIT - If Fallout 4 is exclusive to Xbone, that will be a real shame. Hopefully just timed DLC exclusivity or something if that's what Major Nelson is hinting at.]

Nah it won't be exlcusive but i can see marketing from MS

Tucah

you speak so well
Man, watchin the Scholar of the First Sin QL has reminded me why DS2 is so fun. I'll have to pick up the upgrade when it goes on sale some time, and embrace the death that awaits me.

I didn't think I wanted to buy a new version of DS2 but...I'm tempted.

aurahack

Neo Member
Most of the reactions I've seen from people in the crowd on GAF and other places is that it's not that bad in person.

I don't know man, I was sitting next to Brewmaster Andy this year and the whole time we were both just head in hands going like "Oh my god, why why whyyyy would you ask thissssss"

There's certainly been worse but hearing the awkward silences in the room is just cringeworthy.

Edit: But then again, some of those people can just be nervous and talking to them after the show makes you realise they're actually pretty chillbeans.

Myggen

I don't know man, I was sitting next to Brewmaster Andy this year and the whole time we were both just head in hands going like "Oh my god, why why whyyyy would you ask thissssss"

There's certainly been worse but hearing the awkward silences in the room is just cringeworthy.

Edit: But then again, some of those people can just be nervous and talking to them after the show makes you realise they're actually pretty chillbeans.

Yeah, depends on how you react to something like that I suppose. Last two before this had decent Q&As, and it didn't help that they couldn't hear anything at East this year.

klonere

Banned
Damn that caller on Mixlr. I don't like listening to cringe stuff like that but Jeff was a total pro, dude was built for this broadcasting life.

GG and similar groups aren't ever going away fully, KOJIMA WAS RIGHT

Dpuxkoi.jpg

I couldn't quite bring myself to post in the Ouendan is nearly 10 years old thread because if I don't believe it hard enough then it isn't true.

I need to find my Ouendan cards...

Myggen

This game again proves that Dan is the real anime editor.

Also, it looks really cool. Strange that I had never heard about it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom