• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Swift fans are two steps away from being Hatsune Miku fanatics.

Trying to listen to that Mixlr clip on Youtube and this dude's audio quality sounds like a domestic terrorist living in a bunker in the woods trapping sorority girls in his basement, so I can't understand a word he's saying, which is nice.

I'm listening to the archive right now and the dude is seriously sounding like he's holding back tears when he's talking about Saturday morning cartoons and SJWs taking his cleavage away. Fucking hell.

Jeff is a fucking trooper.

chaobreaker pls

You know what? Toukiden suddenly sucks now.

I'm reinstalling it as we speak :>

I enjoyed my time with ds2 enough to do two playthroughs and a whole lot of helping summoners. I wish they hadn't changed the invasion/soul level stuff though. I could have gotten dozens more hours out of it if they let me do a sl1 run that I could then use to invade low level players.

I mean I get why they wouldn't want that.

But I want that.

The DLC and power stance was enough for me to do 3 playthroughs of it. But since I don't have it on PC I'd have to buy it for 60.

So no.

Anime is for jerks, Taylor is a cool person for cool people.

The Taylor you know is not a person but a highly managed, manufactured corporate brand developed to manipulate your attachment to push product. Taylor Swift as you know her is just as, if not more so, imaginary than Hatsune Miku.

OH MY GOD THIS DUDE CLAIMING THE ESS JAY DUBYAEWS KILLED CARTOONS

Saturday morning cartoons also went away with cable TV bringing a billion channels. The 4 networks didn't need to shove all the cartoons to right after school and Saturday mornings anymore. There's now cartoon channels that play cartoons all day long into prime time. So Saturday morning cartoons spread out among many channels and times.

'in the 70's, 60 year olds who had a monopoly on cartoons is getting regulated by young 20 year old upstarts and they ruined Saturday morning cartoons!'

where now a days people are upset that 20 year olds are being regulated by 60 year olds in congress

Xater

I don't know who Taylor Swift is or why so many people seem to be obsessed with her. Looks like another pop music fad.

I reached the section about older cartoons and SJWs winning and groaned audibly in the office i work at.

Jeff's chuckle at that point kinda says it all for me at that point tbh.

Might continue it later.

I'm listening to the archive right now and the dude is seriously sounding like he's holding back tears when he's talking about Saturday morning cartoons and SJWs taking his cleavage away. Fucking hell.

Jeff is a fucking trooper.

You know what? Toukiden suddenly sucks now.

MpJ9iNn.gif

Um yes you have to self censor before posting in this day and age because the internet will spread it across the world in seconds and lasts forever as opposed to the weeks or months it took a magazine to publish, or even the 18 hours for a newspaper to print, which comes and disappears in a day.

"I'm afraid of X, think of DOA and how it could never happen today"
"DOA5LR just happened, X doesn't exist"
"Oh, well... X frightens me"

"TV is about networks. Videogames are about the market. The market wants this, videogames will provide. The market doesn't involve TV."
"You're saying the market didn't want Bugs Bunny on TV?!"

I think my favorite part is still before the call even starts. "I guess I have just enough time for one more call" 30 minute call

Myggen

I reached the section about older cartoons and SJWs winning and groaned audibly in the office i work at.

Jeff's chuckle at that point kinda says it all for me at that point tbh.

Might continue it later.

One of the posters in that reddit thread said it best, I think:

The sad thing is, this guy is totally indicative of gamergate, kotakuinaction and honestly, a lot of reddit. He's just parroting their exact same lines, and Jeff is having the standard, adult reaction: "This is insane, and no reasonable person believes the shit you are spewing."

Myggen

It got cut off at the end, is there a part two I'm missing?

edit: how many subs do I have to buy where we strap Gerstmann to a chair and force him to explain reality to gamergators for 24 hours

The stream got cut off at that point, so that's all you get!

Also, I have inside information that BLLSL will be just what you described.

Who cares about your poopy Souls games? It's all about the new Xenoblade

ClearcutSplendidArmyworm.gif

I normally cringe at the use of the term "I came" to describe videogame things but this is the one exception holy shit its fucking mechs and dinosaurs

Is this what Xenoblade is? Am I going to have to play that first game?

First one is anime pretty boys being boring and sucky, this has robots and dinosaurs and probably wrestling at some point so its for cool people and not dorks.

aurahack

Neo Member
Uhh... apparently the guy who called in to Jeff's Mixlr earlier is also the guy who runs that .moe archive site? Apparently he spends some time in the Mixlr comments and stirs up some really gross-ass shit that's driven away a lot of people. :T My friend asked me earlier if they gave a username 'cause they wanted to know if they called out being said person over the phone.

Uhh... apparently the guy who called in to Jeff's Mixlr earlier is also the guy who runs that .moe archive site? Apparently he spends some time in the Mixlr comments and stirs up some really gross-ass shit that's driven away a lot of people. :T My friend asked me earlier if they gave a username 'cause they wanted to know if they called out being said person over the phone.

wtf man

Mully

No way. Ha. Wow.

It just keeps getting
sadder.

FollowTheCaptain @BulletPeople · 13m 13 minutes ago
@jeffgerstmann Hi Jeff. I was your last, choking-up caller on mixlr. Thanks. Please consider this for your audience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFsWC9RKb0E …
That might be his name?

aurahack

Neo Member
That might be his name?

Seems like him. Supposedly he's "BobBarker" on Mixlr.

Might not be, don't call me on it. I just had someone DM me after saying "Yah it's probably him because he runs the .moe archive and constantly posts in Mixlr chat about gross-ass pro-GG stuff."

Myggen

This is the caller's Twitter, but why do people suggest he's the one who runs the jefflr site?

edit: According to the jefflr site, this is the person who runs it.

Fuck that guy.

Myggen

So just so we're clear, the guy who called in is not the guy who runs Jefflr. Maybe he's shitting up the Mixlr comments, I don't know anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom