• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just so we're clear, the guy who called in is not the guy who runs Jefflr. Maybe he's shitting up the Mixlr comments, I don't know anything about that.

It definitely isn't. Someone minutes before the call was in the chat with a paragraph-long thing that basically parroted what the caller was saying. He also had the same avatar that @BulletPeople has on Twitter. I actually saved the chat archive but the dude has what looks like a real name.

what if he's cigs66?

cigs66 can do no wrong. Take that back.

.moe is such a great domain extension.
Who cares about your poopy Souls games? It's all about the new Xenoblade

ClearcutSplendidArmyworm.gif

I'm finally going to be able to play a mech game and it will be glorious.

GB better prepare their top 10 list accordingly.

TraBuch

Banned
.moe is such a great domain extension.

I'm finally going to be able to play a mech game and it will be glorious.

GB better prepare their top 10 list accordingly.
Zero chance it's in any of their top ten lists (Except maybe Jason?). Can't see the battle system being fun to any of them.

Nintendo said they were surprised how well it did in the west. I think they have a higher priority on porting it quickly this time.

I can see it for NA but in europe we are still waiting for Kirby and Codename Steam.

We got Captain toad late as well

Nintendo doesn't care about us anymore :(

Zero chance it's in any of their top ten lists (Except maybe Jason?). Can't see the battle system being fun to any of them.

It look like a slightly watered down and grindier numbers game compared to Xenoblade 1's combat.

I can see it for NA but in europe we are still waiting for Kirby and Codename Steam.

We got Captain toad late as well

Nintendo doesn't care about us anymore :(

Anymore?

I don't get why Jason keeps complaining about the weapons in Bloodborne. By the time you get to the halfway point you have to start switching things up because of enemy weaknesses. If you choose to you the same weapon because they don't become completely useless than that's on you. Not to mention each weapon actually has its own combo chains beyond slash slash slash.

Surprised they were complaining about the lack of goals as well. Dark Souls 2 has the same thing where you have no idea what you're doing 90% of the time until you randomly stumble upon a primal bonfire. Bloodborne at least has the environmental consistency going for it.

That mixlr thing sure was something, at least an incredibly low bar has been set for Q&A so now the next PAX panel Q&A will look great in comparison.

kershner

Banned
Has any GamerGator/video games ethics-man ever gotten to the end of their argument/rant without looking completely ridiculous? Has that ever happened?

One of the posters in that reddit thread said it best, I think:

listened the rest and ugh. That section where he's segregating the GDC audience and Jeff's other chuckle at that was the best thing. LOL

Good on Jeff to continue trucking, pour cold water on any crazy points and not raise his voice/tone.

what is a gamersgator's goal anyway?

Like, is it that they want a bigger divide between games media and game publishers? because that's not an issue in other forms of media. Is it that they don't want games to be taken over by SJW? It's not like liberal-minded and developed games suddenly mean that the call of doots is going to disappear. they can and have coexisted just fine, and diversity should always be welcome.

I kinda dont get it, it just seems like a bunch of mouth breathers who saw that they could intimidate some folks and now wont shut the fuck up.

Mesoian

No. But that's not really their goal so it doesn't matter.

Like...if there was a person who wanted to fight for, "the right of all the gamers who just want to game with politics taken out of the equation", I'm sure they would get just as much traction as the Leigh Alexanders, or the Zoe Quinns, or the Anita Sarkessians if they could end a conversation without going into some literally insane rationale of why their stance is correct.

Like, real talk, the last person I gave time to who thought that gamergate was a good idea segued into the Chicago police department creating mass graves off the coast of lake superior to follow Obama's doctrines. Once you get to that level of crazy, my brain just switches off.

I'm thinking back on that last Q&A and maybe you are right and I'm underestimating peoples ability, while the mixlr thing also made me cringe at least it was entertaining as well.

Jeff was fantastic, even when he clearly started getting a little frustated.

Myggen

Like, is it that they want a bigger divide between games media and game publishers? because that's not an issue in other forms of media. Is it that they don't want games to be taken over by SJW? It's not like liberal-minded and developed games suddenly mean that the call of doots is going to disappear. they can and have coexisted just fine, and diversity should always be welcome.

I kinda dont get it, it just seems like a bunch of mouth breathers who saw that they could intimidate some folks and now wont shut the fuck up.

You're pretty close with that last paragraph.

It's just another way for the MRA types on the internet to get organized and try to "take down the SJWs" in another medium. The same gang is now attacking the Hugo award for being a huge SJW conspiracy against right wing sci fi writers (yes, that is something that is happening). They go by the name "Sad Puppies" there.Same shit different wrapper,

It's just another way for the MRA types on the internet to get organized and try to "take down the SJWs" in another medium. The same gang are now attacking the Hugo award for being a huge SJW conspiracy against right wing sci fi writers (yes, that is something that is happening). They go by the name "Sad Puppies" there.

The Hugo thing is hilarious because the exact opposite of what you said is happening and its super heartbreaking. Even GRRM is speaking out.

BanGy.nz

Banned
The Taylor you know is not a person but a highly managed, manufactured corporate brand developed to manipulate your attachment to push product. Taylor Swift as you know her is just as, if not more so, imaginary than Hatsune Miku.
I don't know who Taylor Swift is or why so many people seem to be obsessed with her. Looks like another pop music fad.
Which is only one step from fans of Furries.

All you are is mean
And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean

I'll bring back taylor swift gifs if you keep this up.

aurahack

Neo Member
That mixlr thing sure was something, at least an incredibly low bar has been set for Q&A so now the next PAX panel Q&A will look great in comparison.

On stream probably but man, being there in person... It my was my first PAX this year and I was basically there head in hands for most of the time. Jeff's at least getting pretty good at just shutting the dumb questions down.

Myggen

The Hugo thing is hilarious because the exact opposite of what you said is happening and its super heartbreaking. Even GRRM is speaking out.

Do you mean the backlash to the backlash? Because it started out with the whole Sad Puppies bullshit.

Not to derail this thread too much here.

Do you mean the backlash to the backlash? Because it started out with the whole Sad Puppies bullshit.

As I understood it, it was like some super right wing borderline-Nazi dude who said black people are genetically subhuman is in charge of it, or something? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

There is no goal. It's a large, loosely-affiliated group of people with completely different objectives. The whole thing blew up initially because a bunch of people reactively jumped on one side of the argument after a perceived slight, hugely bolstering the wrong side of the group. You can see it in the caller, who feels hurt and thinks that the other side is trying to offend him (probably stemming from one of those early articles on the subject)

With how violent one side can be, and how utterly caustic the other side can be, it's difficult for members of either group to budge; it's created this huge standoff that serves no purpose and yet won't go away. Giant Bomb's official response - to let it suffocate on its own hate - is the only sane stance to have on the whole thing.

At least, that's my understanding of the whole mess. It's probably wrong in spots... because that's the whole problem - no one grasps the whole thing, only parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom