• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not feeling what I am seeing with Trine 3.

I like those games ok enough but going 3D seems to really magnify the flouty physics-y platforming.

I should go back and rap up Trine 2. That complete edition has a good bit of stuff in it.

Zornack

Really not feeling what I am seeing with Trine 3.

I like those games ok enough but going 3D seems to really magnify the flouty physics-y platforming.

I should go back and rap up Trine 2. That complete edition has a good bit of stuff in it.

Yeah it looks super weird. Three dimensional platforming + a fixed camera has me worried. It could turn out great though! I'm not sure if I'd rather have a more conventional Trine 3 or this Trine 3D but I'll take it.

I don't know what it says about me, but of all the things Giant Bomb has done over the years, I never laughed as much as when Jeff randomly blurted out Emma Bunton

justjim89

Yeah pretty much anything gets through on Steam now. It's pretty much like the Apple App store, kinda funny that they gave up.

I suppose when it comes to modding, you're either Nexus or you're against us.

1399380_o.gif

I'm sorry. I've just wanted to make a Nexus joke since this whole debacle started.

Crypt of the Necrodancer seems like a cool ass game.

Seems like the type of game console makers will be jumping at to be part of their "look at all these motherf-ing indie games" montage at E3.

I can already see Adam Boyes making a dumb joke about his sick dance moves when he announces its coming to PS4 and Vita.

For the past couple of days I caught up to the entirety of Mario Party Party. Just finished MPP4. Here are my crack opinions of the games and the shows themselves.

1. Mario Party 1 was the most straightforward of the MP games. Star was always on the same place on the map and there were no items or extra minigames to bog down on the pace of the game. The fact that there was a lot of oppurtunities for chance times to occur and fuck around with the standings of everyone was both amazing and horrifying at the same time. Watching Brad joy and anguish through earning and losing a lot of starts in chance time was satisfying as all hell. Overall an entertaining show.

2. Mario Party 2 added items to the mix and stars spawned at different parts of the map. Minigames were also less stigmata inducing as well. Despite all this, the party itself was much more exciting with the Boo bell thrown into the mix. The metagame involving the dudes stealing stars from eachother was amazing. I can't deny that watching Dan lose in his own game was satisfying. Best show amongst the series.

3. Mario Party 3 was the most sophisticated of the 3 N64 games but was also too convoluted as a result. The particular map they played in was way too big for it's own good and Hudson throwing in 2 dozen items into the mix was a terrible idea. The dudes must have skimmed through the item descriptions at least a half dozen times in the party. Game dragged on for too long and as a result was the worst of the MPP series. Unsatisfying party all around even with the introduction of DMX Goomba and Brad winning 500 coins in one game.

4. Mario Party 4 initially looked to be a very refreshing take on the MP series with its Gamecube visuals but it turned out to be a very empty experience. Watching the same minigames being played over and over was not fun. It seems that Hudson skimped out on making minigames on this game but that's understandable given the new hardware they had to work on. There was also way too many luck based events that more often than it should end with the players coming out with nothing. That being said, the turmoil of watching Jeff lament playing the same minigames was somewhat amusing. Brad's smart play to move a star when he had no chance of getting it was brilliant. The fact that he won in the end despite not putting as much effort as Dan and the others lead to a very hilarious end to the party. Overall a great show.

TL;DR MPP2 > MPP4 > MPP1 > MPP3

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fortune Street TNT is as good as i remember it.

I should probably watch this once a year. Atleast.

jgminto

Has someone made a big ol' list of the best premium (and non-premium) stuff? It's hard to remember all of it when I want to marathon rewatch after so long.

I need to re-watch the Fortune Street TNT again one of these days as I remember it and the game being boring as shit outside of a few good Jeff jokes.

Jothel

Finally watched through the entirety of the Phantasmagoria play through... What a... Thing that is! Anybody got any other recommendations from then? I've seen 99% of stuff but am up for watching anything again

danm999

I kinda wanna see a modder put in like, a hidden Apple product or a hidden ferrari in one of their mods that isn't easily findable by just looking through the code.

That'd be hilarious.

Let em piss of somebody that's really infamous for sensitivity to internet exposure like the Church of Scientology or Nintendo.

danm999

Finally watched through the entirety of the Phantasmagoria play through... What a... Thing that is! Anybody got any other recommendations from then? I've seen 99% of stuff but am up for watching anything again

I usually go to Random PC Game Police Quest: SWAT after Phantasmagoria.

Pup, the LASH is not a toy!

hamchan

Let em piss of somebody that's really infamous for sensitivity to internet exposure like the Church of Scientology or Nintendo.

Honestly, the way it's looking Valve wants the community to do the mod policing for them while they collect the cut. I really hope that no one in the community can be arsed to report any copyright infringements so it's as much a clusterfuck for them as possible.

jgminto

Still waiting on a Vinny/Alex Phantasmagoria 2 playthrough. Would be so good...

I rewatch all of the random of games on a regular basis. Best content they've ever done. I also watch the pre skyrim marathon quite regularly . Basically any content with a combination of Ryan, Vinny or Dave.

Jothel

I usually go to Random PC Game Police Quest: SWAT after Phantasmagoria.

Pup, the LASH is not a toy!

Still waiting on a Vinny/Alex Phantasmagoria 2 playthrough. Would be so good...

I rewatch all of the random of games on a regular basis. Best content they've ever done. I also watch the pre skyrim marathon quite regularly . Basically any content with a combination of Ryan, Vinny or Dave.

Thanks for these suggestions, I will get to them but right now I'm watching the Abbath guitar lessons on youtube because theyre greaaaaaaaaaat

danm999

I can't believe that Drew doesn't know who Kanye West is. What a goober!

I laughed pretty hard at that. Dan didn't give him anything super obvious like artist behind Yeezus or George Bush not caring about Black people or interrupting Taylor Swift awards, but stuff that immediately leapt to his mind that wasn't helpful to Drew.

danm999

Married to kim kardashian was pretty obvious.

It was, but by that point Drew's eyes had glazed over and he was in "pass" mode.

Also, shameful disclaimer, I didn't realise they were married until I watched some TMZ bullshit last year, so I could forgive a person not realizing identity based on that fact.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fair enough, though I think anyone who remotely cares about kanye probably knows about who he's with even if they didn't really know the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom