• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
They REALLY need to add some more Nitros to the network. Even the Russo era was at least so bad it was good. They added more Raws but that attitude era stuff makes me feel so ashamed.

Giant Bomb is cool.

Just a note on something from the bombcast this week, if you guys are at all interested, bugs as a protein source is probably in our near future. I was very impressed with Brad actually knowing about it, and rather sad that Dan outright dismissed it. I wonder if Dan's heard of lab meat yet.

Anyhoo, here's a good report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Most importantly I think is this section detailing the impact benefits of using insects. Notably:

Livestock and fish are important sources of protein in most countries. According to FAO (2006), livestock production accounts for 70 percent of all agricultural land use. With global demand for livestock products expected to more than double between 2000 and 2050 (from 229 million tonnes to 465 million tonnes), meeting this demand will require innovative solutions.

In 2010, Sachs (2010) argued that agriculture was the leading cause of anthropogenic-induced climate change and that the world needed new agricultural technologies and patterns of food consumption based on healthier and more sustainable diets.

Consuming insects has a number of advantages:
• They have high feed-conversion efficiency (an animal’s capacity to convert feed mass into increased body mass, represented as kg of feed per kg of weight gain).
• They can be reared on organic side streams, reducing environmental contamination, while adding value to waste.
• They emit relatively few GHGs and relatively little ammonia.
• They require significantly less water than cattle rearing.
• They have few animal welfare issues, although the extent to which insects experience pain is largely unknown.
• They pose a low risk of transmitting zoonotic infections.

Should I send this in to them? I get the feeling Dan wouldn't give a shit either way, but maybe the others would appreciate it.

daydream

Banned
i gotta say, thread #13 flew right by

flewkwoeb.gif

maybe we can cut out the edit message bullshit next thread

I don't even read them half the time

and so long as new day is doing their thing, wrestling has segments worth watching

NZNova

The Coast-to-Coast quick look for Dirt Rally worked really well! I hope they use whatever setup they had going there more often.

I love it when Vinny goes into pro mode. He's such a goofball in most of the content that it's always a bit of a shock when he goes "hold on gotta be awesome at my job"

LiK

I love it when Vinny goes into pro mode. He's such a goofball in most of the content that it's always a bit of a shock when he goes "hold on gotta be awesome at my job"

same with Jeff. when they go into serious topics, i can listen to the wise words of Gerstmann all day.

BearPawB

Banned
I don't actively seek out ASMR videos, but sometimes, I come across one and it just makes me tingle. Like, actively shiver. It is a cool feeling

Alex should try grow a proper beard.

That nu metal chin thing is like 12 years out of style.

Jeff is right about wrestling stop watching it, it's the worst.

Ehh I dont know....

I do think everyone needs to take a break from wrestling every now and again though. I know I have pretty much given up on it after wrestlemania. Feels good. Using that extra 3 hours a week on monday to finish up dragon age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom