• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the appeal of DOTA and League?
its fun

you get to experience the lowly lows of killing 100 rats like in an mmo all the way to end game raiding where you're a god

but instead of taking months of your life it takes an hour

there is a super high skill ceiling so at any point you can identify something you're not great at and constantly learn and practice it forever always getting better

there is always something new to discover, I'm thousands of hours in and every game I learn something new, and I think that is fun

the strategy is fun, if you know it well enough and something sounds stupid and fun but might just work... it probably does in the game. it's super rewarding like that

and it's fun to play with friends

I just got to the part in the Bombcast where they talk about ASMR videos. As an avid listener/view of ASMR content, I want to clear up a couple of misconceptions.

Most of the ASMR community really bristles when people assume the appeal is sexual in nature. While I'm certain those people exist, the connotations are generally platonic, even maternal. A sexual gratification would defeat the purpose. The "sensory response" that it is based on, while not studied in great length, is very real and not "total bullshit" as Dan predictably assumed.

I'm posting this here before writing in the Bombcast because I trust you guys will call me out if I sound like a crazy person.

So it's extremely sexual in nature?

I'll cut you.

tumblr_mzksa6ZD4v1r6fm0co1_250.gif

Tan

Listening to the bombcast late.

Brad still hasn't played Asura's Wrath true ending even though he liked the game a bunch? That DLC is better than anything in the main game.

i think asmr is like a you get it or you dont no middle ground type thing

i just find scratching sounds in complete quiet to be so amazingly relaxing it just sets something off in my brain so when i stumbled into asmr videos with just that it was amazing

now i dont really ever listen to them, but i know theyre there, and i get it why so many people enjoy them

Anjin M

i think asmr is like a you get it or you dont no middle ground type thing

i just find scratching sounds in complete quiet to be so amazingly relaxing it just sets something off in my brain so when i stumbled into asmr videos with just that it was amazing

now i dont really ever listen to them, but i know theyre there, and i get it why so many people enjoy them
I think I would understand it better if those videos didn't make me feel like insects were crawling across my brain. At least, I assume that is not what they are shooting for.

I tried to jump in with my non-sequitur to derail things....I failed :(
Thank you for the effort. It was a valiant attempt.

edit://
Let's get this thread back on track!

swerve.gif

I don't think I've ever been happier.

edit2://

You guys are still being weird I see.

Where's the new thread, Jimmy?

Hey, CB! We're just making up for your absence. You can take it from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom