• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed the Sepang International Circuit Track Walk video is coming...

This is probably done via a game, probably... I don't remember them going to Malaysia!

Wunder

I trust this thread to never give me false information.

image.php

Myggen

On-topic: Where the hell is the new episode of Danswers? I was going to listen to that on my commute.

Probably depends on Danny's schedule since he's the one who uploads those. IIRC the last one was posted about this time on Monday two weeks ago.

God damn that game has some weird ass fans. What in the fuck does that game have that is worth holding that big of a grudge about?

I personally really enjoy it, but don't and won't condone the hate they give Jeff. Come on, it's not like he's the only reviewer to give it a negative review. On the flip side, I don't think it is as bad as some people claim it is (many of whom who've probably never touched it). After all, it does have a 71 on Metacritic, which is by all means, not a terrible rating. It's not great, but it's not terrible. For me personally, it does what I want it to do. I am by no means a car person and find games like GT and Forza daunting at times with all the typical car enthusiast stuff. In Driveclub, I don't have to worry about or tinker with car settings, AT/MT, etc. I also just usually do one or two races and then I've got my fill for a bit. I honestly do think it would've reviewed slightly better had they delayed it one final time, especially with all the stuff they've added since launch. Despite all that, it seems like the things that Jeff disliked about the games are something a patch simply can not fix. And I respect that view. I just wish the complainers would too.

Edit- Over at Kinda Funny, Colin Moriarty announced that tomorrow on Colin and Greg Live, filling in for Greg (who is out all week), is none other then Dan Ryckert!

Myggen

nope, I unfollowed him like 2 years ago, hah

Heh, can't blame you. Always loved that guy on podcast, on video etc., but he can be hard to like on Twitter at times. Greg Miller is another one of those for me, but that's mostly because of the sheer amount of promotional tweets he tweets out.

LiK

Heh, can't blame you. Always loved that guy on podcast, on video etc., but he can be hard to like on Twitter at times. Greg Miller is another one of those for me, but that's mostly because of the sheer amount of promotional tweets it tweets out.

yea, I like Justin but his tweets can be insufferable. I didn't want to hate him so it was better this way.

Megasoum

Banned
I personally really enjoy it, but don't and won't condone the hate they give Jeff. Come on, it's not like he's the only reviewer to give it a negative review. On the flip side, I don't think it is as bad as some people claim it is (many of whom who've probably never touched it). After all, it does have a 71 on Metacritic, which is by all means, not a terrible rating. It's not great, but it's not terrible. For me personally, it does what I want it to do. I am by no means a car person and find games like GT and Forza daunting at times with all the typical car enthusiast stuff. In Driveclub, I don't have to worry about or tinker with car settings, AT/MT, etc. I also just usually do one or two races and then I've got my fill for a bit. I honestly do think it would've reviewed slightly better had they delayed it one final time, especially with all the stuff they've added since launch. Despite all that, it seems like the things that Jeff disliked about the games are something a patch simply can not fix. And I respect that view. I just wish the complainers would too.

Edit- Over at Kinda Funny, Colin Moriarty announced that tomorrow on Colin and Greg Live, filling in for Greg (who is out all week), is none other then Dan Ryckert!

Yeah I rented Driveclub and thought it was ok... Kinda boring really but nothing terrible or offensive. Not really my kind of game (I'm more of a sim guy) an I thought it was a bit shallow. Also I never liked games where they put random challenges on the track (one of the reason I never played The Crew). It does look fucking amazing though.

So yeah... overall probably a 6-7. Not really for me but nothing terrible about it.

Actually the best way to sum it up is that it felt like a launch game (only it came out a year later).

For those of you not keeping up on the "Grocery Haul" video craze, I've found a ten minute video of nothing but a madwoman opening up frozen dinners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yY4BqV7cQA

If you want a wrestling version of this madness, here's a dirtbag with over 175,000 Youtube subscribers saying the most derogatory, sexist, crude horseshit over silent phone footage of crappy wrestling figures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As3wq45xYuw

The internet is an amazing thing.

Megasoum

Banned
For those of you not keeping up on the "Grocery Haul" video craze, I've found a ten minute video of nothing but a madwoman opening up frozen dinners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yY4BqV7cQA

If you want a wrestling version of this madness, here's a dirtbag with over 175,000 Youtube subscribers saying the most derogatory, sexist, crude horseshit over silent phone footage of crappy wrestling figures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As3wq45xYuw

Wtf is wrong with that dog?

Also I see you followed Jeff's recommendation from Tumblr haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom