• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just at the start of this episode, looks like I've got some fun ahead of me. I love that the only person playing this game wanted to help Drew practice. Random free browser games have always had the best communities.

Archaix, I have an extra power supply if you need one.

I should mention that it, too, is broken.

We should meet up and have a broken power supply party. I also have a broken monitor, motherboard, and an extra case lying around. This "upgrade" has been a nightmare. I did get to confuse the guy at the Mueler Best Buy though, because he had no idea what I meant when I said I needed an internal power supply for my PC. He pointed at the laptop chargers and looked confused. That was fun.

We should meet up and have a broken power supply party. I also have a broken monitor, motherboard, and an extra case lying around. This "upgrade" has been a nightmare. I did get to confuse the guy at the Mueler Best Buy though, because he had no idea what I meant when I said I needed an internal power supply for my PC. He pointed at the laptop chargers and looked confused. That was fun.

Oh man, that has been my experience at local electronic retailers as well. They just have no idea. I'm fortunate enough to live in an awesome city, though, so when my PSU went out I was able to order one from Amazon and have it delivered less than 2 hours later.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh man, that has been my experience at local electronic retailers as well. They just have no idea. I'm fortunate enough to live in an awesome city, though, so when my PSU went out I was able to order one from Amazon and have it delivered less than 2 hours later.

Oh I totally could have used that quick delivery from Amazon. Best Buy had a sale though, and was closer than two hours. I did have to fight the urge to order a pizza stone just because when I got the email that Prime Now was available last month. I was drunk, and I thought if I had the power to make somebody bring me a totally unnecessary cooking appliance at 10PM, I should exercise that power. I thought better of it.

I was expecting Tron Bonne. God Hand... man.

Endurance Run of God Hand. PLEASE.

at least Samantha played a bunch of Tron Bonne during Extra Life

Guys, if you were to bring a game on the Old Games Show, or possibly for a Bombastica, what would you bring? I'm thinking maybe Mega Man Legends.

Ganbare Goemon 2 and/or 3

easily some of the best SNES games of all time and super obscure in the west to boot

Man, what a bad UPF. Browser and Mobile games the whole time.... Ugh, I should have just played Witcher 3 instead. Jeff can't ever leave again.

Oh I totally could have used that quick delivery from Amazon. Best Buy had a sale though, and was closer than two hours. I did have to fight the urge to order a pizza stone just because when I got the email that Prime Now was available last month. I was drunk, and I thought if I had the power to make somebody bring me a totally unnecessary cooking appliance at 10PM, I should exercise that power. I thought better of it.

Ooh that's right, we're the same person. I had forgotten!

I've been looking for an excuse to use Prime Now, it's not healthy.

Phionoxx

In Brad's defense, agar.io can be a huge time sink if you are having a good game.

They still should have moved on to God Hand way sooner though.

Guys it's called the Old Games Show not the Esoteric Games Nobody Has Heard of Show.

I'm just kidding, but y'all are making some pulls I have no idea about.

[EDIT] Spyro 2 is a great pick though.

Guys it's called the Old Games Show not the Esoteric Games Nobody Has Heard of Show.

I'm just kidding, but y'all are making some pulls I have no idea about.

at least Goemon is a sequel to a game people are probably familiar with. what percentage of the audience even knows what Valis is?

So I take it that upf was a major bummer?

two hours of boring phone and browser games followed by 10 minutes of Jason playing God Hand and telling a tattoo story

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'd probably have to bring on a parade of Japanese wrestling games for Dan. And also to drive everybody else crazy.

Or maybe Clash at Demonhead. There's no Clash at Demonhead content on Giant Bomb.

2361223-nes_clashatdemonhead.jpg

Does your game have a Rambo ripoff shooting a caped bug skeleton with a laser while a dual amputee chases his ladyfriend with a flying bike? I thought not.

I'd probably have to bring on a parade of Japanese wrestling games for Dan. And also to drive everybody else crazy.

Or maybe Clash at Demonhead. There's no Clash at Demonhead content on Giant Bomb.

good thing using cheat codes is on the table for Old Games Show because that game has had the ability to make me furious for three decades

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, alright. Sounds like something to put in the background.

As for old game show stuff probably Pokemon blue or civilization 3 because that's as far back as my gaming history goes.

Oh! Game gear games. Yeah, that's what they should play. Giant stack of D-Cells behind Jeff as he tries to play a game for the few minutes a full charge gave you.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
good thing using cheat codes is on the table for Old Games Show because that game has had the ability to make me furious for three decades

There are things about that game that I absolutely love. The ending is not one of them. Because who in the hell has seen the ending to that game?

Fox318

Guys, if you were to bring a game on the Old Games Show, or possibly for a Bombastica, what would you bring? I'm thinking maybe Mega Man Legends.
Nox or some older lost in time pc games could be great.

I Honestly believe that loss of vinny and Dave hurt so many features on the site.

I get that the east site is just getting started up again but I feel like vinny is just lost in a cnet closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom