• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I hope they take a look at Neon Struct. Eldritch was awesome, and the team's new game looks like a great bit of Deus Ex-esque or Thief-esque stealth.

Guys, if you were to bring a game on the Old Games Show, or possibly for a Bombastica, what would you bring? I'm thinking maybe Mega Man Legends.

Puggsy for an overlooked game that's pretty dope

Contra Hard Corps for flexin'

I mean it seems like one could get away with bringing Crash Bandicoot 3, the best one in the series.

2f657ae83b3d894219ea80b5d6ed7d27.jpg

Mully

I'd love to see Dan play Goldeneye. I played that game recently and it did not age well. The controls are atrocious.

Teddified

Neat an Encyclopedia Bombastica for Day of Defeat is on the schedule for monday. I wonder who will be in it.

Drew I mean it has to be right?

tchocky

Neat an Encyclopedia Bombastica for Day of Defeat is on the schedule for monday. I wonder who will be in it.

Drew I mean it has to be right?

I would guess GBeast since the weekend/Monday content is usually them and also Jason said on UPF that they had nothing scheduled for Monday.

the problem with crash bandicoot 3
hang on let's do this jetski level before I get to the rest of my post
is that there is
alright now let's do this plodding underwater level
way too much focus
now we're in an airplane
on gimmick stages
you guys wanna race motorcycles
instead of pure platforming

it's literally half
we're underwater again
the game

Huh, alright. Sounds like something to put in the background.

As for old game show stuff probably Pokemon blue or civilization 3 because that's as far back as my gaming history goes.
Are you real young or did you just start playing games later in life? I'm probably among the youngest in this thread and I started out with the SNES and Doom 2.

I'd like to see them play some older tycoon /management games. Jeff has expressed love for SimCity 2000. Roller Coaster Tycoon is always a good time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are you real young or did you just start playing games later in life? I'm probably among the youngest in this thread and I started out with the SNES and Doom 2.

I don't think I'm that young really. I was around 6-7 when blue came out and civ 3 came out when I was 9. Seems about right age as far as getting those kind of gaming experiences go.

popo

The Grilled Stuft Nacho is nacho flavors all wrapped up and grilled to perfection in the shape of a giant nacho chip, with seasoned beef, warm nacho cheese sauce, our new zesty nacho sauce, crunchy red strips, and cool reduced-fat sour cream. Also available with marinated and grilled all-white-meat chicken.

Crunchy Red Strips! Also good call on that reduced fat sour cream. Got you down to only 550 calories and 29g of fat per serving. Might as well eat three.

kingocfs

Beastcast ruled. Being from Long Island, it was definitely weird hearing them spit game about the towns around here. My science teacher use to talk shit about Hicksville all the time.

Also, Giovanni Donkeykong.

TraBuch

Banned
Think UPF would've been that bad if Jeff was there? How does that stuff work, anyways? Does he have to greenlight the games? Or do they all just bring whatever?

danm999

Beastcast ruled. Being from Long Island, it was definitely weird hearing them spit game about the towns around here. My science teacher use to talk shit about Hicksville all the time.

Also, Giovanni Donkeykong.

Bout half way through and loving it. Vinny's dumb editing and sound effects are terrific.

Think UPF would've been that bad if Jeff was there? How does that stuff work, anyways? Does he have to greenlight the games? Or do they all just bring whatever?

I would imagine that he has a pretty good sense of timing for when things are overstayed. I mean, this isn't the first time Drew has brought Monster Strike, or Brad has played browser games. But Jeff always seems to know what a good stopping point is, as a host should.

Missing two of the usual members doesn't help either, of course.

I would imagine that he has a pretty good sense of timing for when things are overstayed. I mean, this isn't the first time Drew has brought Monster Strike, or Brad has played browser games. But Jeff always seems to know what a good stopping point is, as a host should.

Missing two of the usual members doesn't help either, of course.

Just going by reactions and opinions (not necessarily my own) of past UPFs, the games that Brad and Drew bring are typically among the least favorite. I remember last week when Brad hinted (more like trolled) that his segment was going to be Destiny, chat seemed so bummed. It ended being FarCry 4 and the chat responded with a sigh of relief. I honestly don't care what game they bring, as everyone has different likes and dislikes. As someone said, some of the draw to UPF are not the games, but the conversations and shenanigans (usually Dan related) that get started. My personal favorite segments are when they all play (a la Fibbage, Mount Your Friends, Gang Beasts). Also, owning PlayStation consoles primarily, I always love it when PS3 and PS4 are brought out, especially when the games are newer.

danm999

Just going by reactions and opinions (not necessarily my own) of past UPFs, the games that Brad and Drew bring are typically among the least favorite. I remember last week when Brad hinted (more like trolled) that his segment was going to be Destiny, chat seemed so bummed. It ended being FarCry 4 and the chat responded with a sigh of relief. I honestly don't care what game they bring, as everyone has different likes and dislikes. As someone said, some of the draw to UPF are not the games, but the conversations and shenanigans (usually Dan related) that get started. My personal favorite segments are when they all play (a la Fibbage, Mount Your Friends, Gang Beasts). Also, owning PlayStation consoles primarily, I always love it when PS3 and PS4 are brought out, especially when the games are newer.

Yeah I feel like recently they've been hesitant to do the MP related stuff for whatever reason, but it tends to be the best UPF content because it gets everybody reacting and participating.

Zoggy

i really enjoyed the blob game segment on UPF

all the stupid names and the crews reactions (CIA and IRS are working together!) were funny.

fuckin putz

My personal favorite segments are when they all play (a la Fibbage, Mount Your Friends, Gang Beasts). Also, owning PlayStation consoles primarily, I always love it when PS3 and PS4 are brought out, especially when the games are newer.

For real, I'm really really glad they didn't play Jackbox again. That has hardcore overstayed its welcome on the site.

Did they play MKX?

I wish they had. At least that would have been interesting.

Myggen

UPF's normally bad whether or not Jeff's there.

it should've been killed off and replaced like a year ago.

Nah, UPF has been pretty good the last few months and it seems like most agree with that (not everyone obviously). One dud doesn't change that.

Brad's game selections have generally been a lot better now than it was imo.

Myggen

That's real fucking scary.

Meh, when I say that it's been getting better I mean that it's been getting pretty solid. I went back the last 2 months of UPF and didn't find many bad selections.

FC4, Gang Beasts, Banjo-Kazooie, Trine 3, that music game show game, Geometry Wars 2, the Mario 64 browser game, that virtual arcade Steam game etc.

Brad has been good about selecting games for UPF lately. Problem this week was that his game was allowed to go on for too long, but I think the random conversations made it entertaining nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom