• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

11473-navarro.jpg

- J - D -

I finally watched that Black Mesa quick look. Then I skimmed through the comments on that video. A lot of them were angry.

I don't know if you guys remember that story Dan told a while back on a 2011 or 2012 Bombcast (where he was a guest) about pranking a bunch of dating site meatheads with a fake account he called "Heather Patton."

What I'm saying is all these folks the Black Mesa QL has angered are like guys in blue shirts standing on a bridge.

I just learned from HDTGM that he also played Lo-Mai (cat person) in The Island of Dr. Moreau. What an actor!

Oh shit he was in The Brotherhood of the Wolf too. Loved that movie.

danm999

Alex is really articulate and insightful when he's relaxed - he nailed it with the reality of game criticism not yet being considered a real vocation as the root of so many issues (and the question itself). Glad he's now got a weekly audio only outlet to shine again - video has always held him back a bit.

Yeah Alex is a really articulate guy, and a really funny one too, I think.

When he mentioned on Bombing in the AM last year he almost got to interview the dev who made Big Rigs, and that it would have been the video game industries equivalent of the Frost Nixon interview, I laughed harder than I had in a while.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah Alex is a really articulate guy, and a really funny one too, I think.

When he mentioned on Bombing in the AM last year he almost got to interview the dev who made Big Rigs, and that it would have been the video game industries equivalent of the Frost Nixon interview, I laughed harder than I had in a while.

I really enjoy Alex's humor. He writes the best articles on GB. Love it.
Hope he is actually doing alright though, he always sounds like the most depressed guy in the universe on QLs

Also: Invisible Inc. is a really good game.
Didn't really care for Don't Starve but this game is fantastic.

I finally watched that Black Mesa quick look. Then I skimmed through the comments on that video. A lot of them were angry.

I don't know if you guys remember that story Dan told a while back on a 2011 or 2012 Bombcast (where he was a guest) about pranking a bunch of dating site meatheads with a fake account he called "Heather Patton."

What I'm saying is all these folks the Black Mesa QL has angered are like guys in blue shirts standing on a bridge.

Good fucking story.

"All I'm saying is, there's a bunch of guys in blue shirts on this particular bridge"

This dot game looks great and INCREDIBLY hilarious with "Thanks Obama" and Breaking Brad breaking Brad.

edit: and now Mario Party. It's like Brad's kryptonite has gone the extra mile here.

Fireblend

Banned
This is the most tense I've felt while watching a quicklook since the KSP one. Vinny & Alex are magic for making watching someone play solitaire this entertaining.

I actually cheered.

Regency Solitaire looks legit fun, what a great QL. I always love the ones where the game seems like it's going to be boring and ends up being really entertaining.

Ohwiseone

So, I might of missed something, but is the giantbomb crew moving their whole studio and office to a new part of that building.

They mentioned it on UPF.

Fox318

So, I might of missed something, but is the giantbomb crew moving their whole studio and office to a new part of that building.

They mentioned it on UPF.
Yup they are gonna move down some floors then they are probably going to move vinny again to a smaller broom closet.

Brashnir

Watching Patrick and Ryan play Portal 2 Co-op is one of the most frustrating GB videos I have ever watched probably second only to Brad playing SOTC.

yeah, it's just something inherent to puzzles. When the person you're watching figures the puzzle out before you, your natural reaction is, "oh, I get it." But when you figure it out before them, the natural reaction is, "Oh come on, just do the super obvious thing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom