• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Yeah, it sucks pretty hard.

I was just trying to remember if he ever showed up on an E3 stream.

He and E were on (I think it was the same year as Leigh Alexander was on). It was infamous segment with Jonathan Blow (I think it was him) and them. People felt they backed Microsoft policies too much during that time because Blow was going in on the policies at the time.

Yeah, it sucks pretty hard.

I was just trying to remember if he ever showed up on an E3 stream.

He was there at least twice.

Once was the legendary time Jonathan Blow gave him shit for xbox indie polices back then.

Must have been 2010 or 2011 or so. I think it was in the shitty E3 house.

I think he was on again even after he left MS and it was after Kinect was a thing.

Jothel

What was everyone's favourite E3 coverage moment? Other than the 775million stuff that is... I'm gonna re watch a bunch of stuff in anticipation

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who is that lady that was on a few podcasts with Alex and Patrick, that was working on a music game or something?

The one that plays wrestling games. They need to get her back on

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's right. Get her back on, one of my favorite guests. Would be great on beastcast

I concur, Samantha is the best- she was great on Jason & Lisa's Extra Life stream!

My bold prediction is she'll appear on one of the after hours streams after having Sentris showcased during the indie section of Sony's conference.

danm999

How had I never seen the Fortune St TNT before?

The rise and fall of Patrick Klepek; Slumlord of District A, was a thirlling adventure.

danm999

Also finishing this week's Bombcast it sounds like Jeff never got far into Fallout New Vegas because his pitch for a 'civilisation returns to the Wasteland' game is pretty much exactly that games premise.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Also finishing this week's Bombcast it sounds like Jeff never got far into Fallout New Vegas because his pitch for a 'civilisation returns to the Wasteland' game is pretty much exactly that games premise.
Except it needs to be better than what New Vegas did. Man I didn't really like New Vegas.

Myggen

Fortune Street TNT is everything Mario Party Party wishes it could be.

MPP2 and MPP4>Fortune Street TNT for me. Fortune Street is still some of the best content on the site though.

His response to that exact comment in the comment section:

Not enough! I want something larger in scope and more advanced than that. Nation building, stuff like that.

Jintor

Yo Fallout 1 AND 2 are like that as well. NCR and Vault City. I think Vegas probably goes the furthest though

I'm pretty certain that Jeff reviewed New Vegas. Plus I don't think that New Vegas really hits those points that Jeff wants a new Fallout to deal with.

danm999

His response to that exact comment in the comment section:

Huh. It gets difficult at that point because if you go too much further down that road you risk falling into more generic Sci-Fi territory where it's not necessarily a post apocalypse setting.

Like if you set a Fallout game in California in the current timeline it'd likely be too stable to be interesting.

Yo Fallout 1 AND 2 are like that as well. NCR and Vault City. I think Vegas probably goes the furthest though

Fuck Vault City, those elitist assholes.

Yeah New Vegas definitely does the most with that stuff even more than Fallout 2 with the NCR's emergence and the Enclave to the point where by the time of the New Vegas Courier, civilization in California is basically only a few decades behind the pre-war USA (maybe a bit ahead technologically).

Except it needs to be better than what New Vegas did. Man I didn't really like New Vegas.

Monster!

I do like New Vegas, more than Fallout 3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh. It gets difficult at that point because if you go too much further down that road you risk falling into more generic Sci-Fi territory where it's not necessarily a post apocalypse setting.

Like if you set a Fallout game in California in the current timeline it'd likely be too stable to be interesting.

It could be like Nation, which explores each character's story as they rebuild their nation after a seemingly world-ending event.

Not that I think bethesda has the writing chops to pull it off.

danm999

It could be like Nation, which explores how characters rebuild their nation after a seemingly world-ending event.

Not that I think bethesda has the writing chops to pull it off.

That's the other thing I kind of worry about and was sort of thinking to myself is the thing most people mean when they say Bethesda needs to look at the Witcher, rather than the open world NPC stuff Brad mentioned.

2757055-giant_sony.gif

whatcha see you might not get

danm999

Well I mean, the gift cards might arrive a bit late, but.....why the hell did Del Taco just find Dan?

Maybe Dan is actually a genius that has figured out a way to constantly get companies and celebrities to do shit for/with him.

I mean it just comes up too often to ignore at this point.

Zaph

Well I mean, the gift cards might arrive a bit late, but.....why the hell did Del Taco just find Dan?
Lots of social media tools out there which pick up on key words and surface them according to a user's 'influence' or the traction of a particular tweet. It's how some companies are able to react so quickly to shitstorms kicking off on Twitter.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in English. There were two tracks that you could take. I took the literature one. The other was communications, I think. The funny thing was, in order to get enough credits to graduate, I nearly completed the second track as well. I came a few courses away from essentially double majoring the same major.

This is exactly what I did except replace communications with film studies (also didn't finish that part).

sup, bad degree bro

Yeah, Dan's tweet didn't even include Del Taco's handle so that implies they scrape Twitter for all mentions of their name.

I used to do that stuff, it's less insidious than you'd think. there are several social media monitoring suites out there that cater to larger companies and it's just as easy to look up plain text as it is hashtags. some even automatically weight importance of flagged tweets by message content or popularity of account

e: unless you consider robots monitoring what you say on public websites "insidious," but then I'd ask you what you thought was happening

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Maybe Dan is actually a genius that has figured out a way to constantly get companies and celebrities to do shit for/with him.

I mean it just comes up too often to ignore at this point.

genius or a company leveraging your popularity to promote their shit.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan gets weird shit like that via Twitter but I never really felt like he was looking into getting that kind of advantage... Unlike, for example, Gary Whitta who keeps using his followers number as a scare tactic against companies to get deals or whatever he wants.

Jeff did mention their stage is sponsored on his Mixlr. Lockdown is going to play, fade to black and it'll be "Del Taco Presents: Giant Bomb E3 2015".

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dan gets weird shit like that via Twitter but I never really felt like he was looking into getting that kind of advantage... Unlike, for example, Gary Whitta who keeps using his followers number as a scare tactic against companies to get deals or whatever he wants.
Wait. Forreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom