• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 1 takes itself way more seriously compared to the rest of the series. From the beginning of Part 2, when Joseph is just unleashing a tommy gun in public with 0 shits given, you know that you're about to see some greatly stupid but amazing shit.

My only exposure to Jojo before the main series was from the Part 3 OVA adaptation and the Capcom Jojo fighting games that got ported to the PSX and Dreamcast. So while I've always have a soft spot for Part 3 and there are parts of it that I think are just terrific, there's something to the leaner Part 2 that i think might put it above 3. Also, Joseph as the main protagonist is a ton of fun.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Had the strangest dream last night that Giantbomb was single handedly saving some Russian/American treaty relations.

Strange stuff man.

Had the strangest dream last night that Giantbomb was single handedly saving some Russian/American treaty relations.

What are you talking about. Drew Scanlon was simply in North Korea for vacation purposes. Drew Scanlon has never been, and never will be, an agent of the United States government. Drew Scanlon is certainly not the most tightly guarded secret of the Central Intelligence Agency. Do not be alarmed.

tAYCD.jpg

I don't know who put that clearly classified photo there.

What are you talking about. Drew Scanlon was simply in North Korea for vacation purposes. Drew Scanlon has never been, and never will be, an agent of the United States government. Drew Scanlon is certainly not the most tightly guarded secret of the Central Intelligence Agency. Do not be alarmed.

tAYCD.jpg

I don't know who put that clearly classified photo there.
lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Part 1 takes itself way more seriously compared to the rest of the series. From the beginning of Part 2, when Joseph is just unleashing a tommy gun in public with 0 shits given, you know that you're about to see some greatly stupid but amazing shit.

My only exposure to Jojo before the main series began was from the Part 3 OVA adaptation and the Capcom Jojo fighting games that got ported to the PSX and Dreamcast. So while I'll always have a soft spot for Part 3 and there are parts of it that I think are just terrific, there's something to the leaner Part 2 that i think might put it above 3. Also, Joseph as the main protagonist is a ton of fun.

That's because 3 is an unfocused mess.

GavinGT

Banned
Anyone else find it strange the John Vignocchi (of Disney, owners of Marvel) sabotaged Dave Lang's phone just days before he was set to release DC's newest Batman game?

This series has been amazing - the episode on the Sims 4 is by far the best thing I've seen come out of Polygon.

not the highest standard, I admit

day trader vader may be the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life

the mcelroys should come on to giant bomb since giant bomb is trying so hard to move into the advice podcast and D&D series markets

the mcelroys have that shit cornered

Scizzy

I'm late with this, but Jeff's contention that the would rather shit his pants than vomit is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard him say . . . and, for Jeff, that covers a lot.

I'm late with this, but Jeff's contention that the would rather shit his pants than vomit is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard him say . . . and, for Jeff, that covers a lot.

no, he said he'd rather play a game that made him shit his pants than one that made him barf, at least once

I'm totally with him. you don't usually barf because of good feelings. in theory something exciting (or scary) could make you poop?

throwing up sucks

Eh, I kind of think the same way, but vomiting for me is usually a lot more violent than it is for others. I always end up blowing a lot of blood vessels in my face and eyes and tear up my throat and shit. Yeah, I'd much rather have to throw out some boxers.

Bacon

day trader vader may be the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life

the mcelroys should come on to giant bomb since giant bomb is trying so hard to move into the advice podcast and D&D series markets

the mcelroys have that shit cornered

"Now that's a boy that I can get into"

bigkrev

As someone who would rather get a prostate exam than vomit, I'm totally with him. I love alcohol, but never have more than 2 drinks anymore just because i'm terrified I might have to throw up.

It depends where i am.

If im out and about, i'd much rather vomit than crap my pants because I can vomit in peace and come out of the bathroom without anyone knowing any better. But if you crap your pants while being out then youre screwed.

If at home, i'd take the opposite because vomitting is an awful feeling and crapping is a much easier cleanup job when i can throw things in the wash and take a shower.

Zaph

Throwing up isn't nice, but you usually feel better afterwards than you did before.

It's a safe bet that you'll feel even worse after having just shat yourself. Both mentally and physically.

#teampuke

Jeff clearly stipulated that there would be adult diapers involved so there's no clothes-ruining to worry about

I'm talking about these poop-mongers:

Eh, I kind of think the same way, but vomiting for me is usually a lot more violent than it is for others. I always end up blowing a lot of blood vessels in my face and eyes and tear up my throat and shit. Yeah, I'd much rather have to throw out some boxers.

As someone who would rather get a prostate exam than vomit, I'm totally with him. I love alcohol, but never have more than 2 drinks anymore just because i'm terrified I might have to throw up.

It depends where i am.

If im out and about, i'd much rather vomit than crap my pants because I can vomit in peace and come out of the bathroom without anyone knowing any better. But if you crap your pants while being out then youre screwed.

If at home, i'd take the opposite because vomitting is an awful feeling and crapping is a much easier cleanup job when i can throw things in the wash and take a shower.

My 3 roommates and I had a discussion about shitting your pants. I firmly believe that there are mental blocks in place that make it incredibly difficult to shit your pants at will. One of my roommates contended that this was not the case and that it would be easy. He was gonna shit his pants for 20 bucks from each of us, but we ended up not doing it because we couldn't find a place for him to shit his pants. Because we didn't want to do it in our room, obviously.

@Sleeping Lesson

I have my 970 installed now and so I'm back on the witcher and I'm doing the bloody baron quest and
i'm about to be lead to the botchling and iiiii knew it but boy that miscarriage was a surprise

also the game looks amazing and runs amazing i'm instantly glad i upgraded

That mad max thread

My 3 roommates and I had a discussion about shitting your pants. I firmly believe that there are mental blocks in place that make it incredibly difficult to shit your pants at will. One of my roommates contended that this was not the case and that it would be easy. He was gonna shit his pants for 20 bucks from each of us, but we ended up not doing it because we couldn't find a place for him to shit his pants. Because we didn't want to do it in our room, obviously.

I believe in the mental block. I have tried shitting my pants before and I couldn't do it

Gamers say they want their medium taken more seriously, that they want objective and fair criticisms regarding gaming and the medium as a whole. They would like themselves and their hobby to no longer be looked at as something for children and manchildren only.

Gamers say that they do not like Giant Bomb because they weren't excited enough and showed little to no enthusiasm during E3 conferences, when their favorite yet-to-be-released games were shown and announced.

Fucking gamers, man. Mixed messages all over the place

It's almost as if "gamers" is a pathetically broad term that covers millions of people with different opinions and ideals that sometimes conflict and aren't a monolith!

Hey, i knew i was working with a logical fallacy here. I was just seeing who I'd catch with my vinegar.

You gotta admit, though, gaming fans can be a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom