• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just now got around to looking at it, but man, For Honor looks potentially really cool.

Did any of them play it at E3?

Zaph

works for me.

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/btBXJcP.jpg[/img]
You have to add this if you want to seek ahead. 6000=seconds, so adjust as necessary.
Code:
?v=3.3.1&fp=WIN%2016,0,0,305&r=MIAHE&g=THIEBLXDJVJX&seek=6000

That's weird, the embed page source code has changed the url, adding a 'x' prior to the filename. Did you manually edit yours to remove the x?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maybe they changed it after the show ended. I grabbed it while it was still going on. I like to keep a list.

daydream

Banned
did they bump up the image quality for the 'medium' options? i feel like these recent downloads (rof and upf) are bigger than usual

I just got home, gimme the cliff notes or a link.

/r/SubredditDrama.

I can't guarantee that link will be valid soon. Basically, a storm has been brewing for months mostly revolving around Reddit's very controversial CEO Ellen Pao. Tonight, a user-favorite Admin was abruptly fired and many popular (read: DEFAULT) subs have gone private.

The hashtags I'm seeing are #TheDarkening and #RedditRevolt.

Megasoum

Banned
/r/SubredditDrama.

I can't guarantee that link will be valid soon. Basically, a storm has been brewing for months mostly revolving around Reddit's very controversial CEO Ellen Pao. Tonight, a user-favorite Admin was abruptly fired and many popular (read: DEFAULT) subs have gone private.

Even in the middle of an imploding controversy that site is still fucking impossible to read or comprehend.

Zaph

I don't want to derail this thread too much, but is anybody else watching Reddit implode, live, before our eyes?

It's pretty nuts, but this is what happens when a business relies so heavily on a community but doesn't really involve them. It's why companies like CCP have community ambassadors/representatives - no matter how ceremonial the role may actually be, it's the appearance of being involved in the discussion which counts.

This Victoria thing just seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back - lots of the most dedicated mods over there have been complaining for months/years about the lack of communication.

demidar

/r/SubredditDrama.

So what's the deal with Ellen Pao? Sorry for being ignorant as I don't follow Reddit very much (though I understand how huge it is).

It was going to be something that triggered it, but firing an admin that was well-known to be beloved by the community seems... I don't know, calculated? Symbolic, maybe? Intentional even.

I have been a daily, avid Reddit user for years, but I am all for burning it to the ground at this point.

So what's the deal with Ellen Pao? Sorry for being ignorant as I don't follow Reddit very much (though I understand how huge it is).

I'm going to try to be as even-handed as I can here. She recently lost a gender discrimination lawsuit against her former employer, and is considered by some to be an icon of the victim culture/third-wave feminist type.

New female CEO and all the dark corners of Reddit think she's driving some SJW-fueled conspiracy against freeze peach because they started banning some of the worst of the worst subs.

It was going to be something that triggered it, but firing an admin that was well-known to be beloved by the community seems... I don't know, calculated? Symbolic, maybe? Intentional even.

In the context of other decisions (not the Fattening stuff, prior to that particular buttermine), I think the admins are just out of touch with their own platform.

Jintor

Reddit is honestly decent if you just go to the very specific subreddits, like cricket, masterchef and yogapants.

honestly I really really like AskReddit.

gets depressing very fast though

whatever that subreddit that is literally just about sundresses > yogapants

i go away from the internet and apparently giant bomb have a high quality stream and reddit self-destructs

what the hell else did i miss in the last 10 hours

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i go away from the internet and apparently giant bomb have a high quality stream and reddit self-destructs

what the hell else did i miss in the last 10 hours

Digimon Cyber Sleuth coming to the west wooooooooooo.

honestly I really really like AskReddit.

gets depressing very fast though

whatever that subreddit that is literally just about sundresses > yogapants

That's just freaky man.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth coming to the west wooooooooooo.

Might make me buy a vita honestly.

Enjoy this live feed of things breaking down. Notably:
444ed408eceb71bfbbb192a9fe629898.png

LaMarcus Aldridge is trolling the entire NBA.

The guy's been a free agent for less than two full days and already people are saying that he's drawing out the process needlessly and he just wants attention. People do this every year, but they never seem to realize that any in-demand free agent is going to weigh all his options carefully before deciding. NBA careers are at most 10-20 years for the very best/most durable players, so you'd probably want to think really hard before committing 1/4 or more of that time to one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom