• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

Took a moment or nine for Ryan this afternoon. Lang had some stuff to share on Twitter and that kinda thing is to thought-avenues what sight is to yawns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I kickstart a new gaming website my pitch is going to be 'It's like classic 1up meets classic gamespot meets the brodeo meets metroivania'

Noaloha

And fuck, beastcast so, so deserves a thread. It has the one quality (so far anyway) that makes a podcast threadworthy: consistency. Add to that a degree of nuanced opinion on topics discussed (as opposed to commenting in a once-removed kinda fashion) and I absolutely think a beastcast has the chops to support its own thread. The discussions absolutely serve further conversation.

Megasoum

Banned
I passed up tickets to a Styx concert last night, and was treated to a much better show on GB.

2015-07-0315-24-11_mr48scr.png

No_Style

And fuck, beastcast so, so deserves a thread. It has the one quality (so far anyway) that makes a podcast threadworthy: consistency. Add to that a degree of nuanced opinion on topics discussed (as opposed to commenting in a once-removed kinda fashion) and I absolutely think a beastcast has the chops to support its own thread. The discussions absolutely serve further conversation.

I agree with this. Anyone who disagrees is a clip on.

I cant check right now but can someone check to see if Jasons PSN account unlocked some MGS4 trophies? I heard it did o.o

Edit: yeah he did, act 1 cleared

Beastcast seems pretty great this week. I don't know which podcast is better at this point, but its awesome to have two great games podcasts out of GB every week.

It also fills the "hard discussion Friday podcast" hole 1UP left in my heart.

Volotaire

I also just finished the bonus episode for MGS3 Scanlon, fearing of MGS4 spoilers before I played it (I went in pretty much dark). They show a large amount of the intro to the game and some snippets of Act 2. Actually, it was a huge 15 minute trailer/reveal!

The bonus theater in MGS3 is hilarious. It's a shame the Ape Escape minigame wasn't in the MGS HD Collection.

Bacon

I love that with how nice and good natured vinny is he thought he had a sick diss on someone by calling them a clip on tie. Can't stop laughing

Anjin M

1) I laughed so hard at the opening of the Beastcast. I'm so glad Austin was okay with Vinny messing with the podcast.

2) I didn't see Unpro yet, so that mix video with the two streams together was amazing.

3) I still miss Ryan.

Gaf has been down all day for me and I've been bursting to say how good this week's Beastcast was.

The first 15 minutes were almost as funny as last night.

Gaf broken, but it's ok, Beastcast fucking wrecked it!

Maybe Bombcast threads can be repurposed into "Giant Bomb Podcasts" and the second post reserved for Beastcast updates.

Also I realized this last night, but this robot thing could mean cross-country UPF with live Vinny/Austin/Alex presence.

Volotaire

Gaf broken, but it's ok, Beastcast fucking wrecked it!

Maybe Bombcast threads can be repurposed into "Giant Bomb Podcasts" and the second post reserved for Beastcast updates.

Also I realized this last night, but this robot thing could mean cross-country UPF with live Vinny/Austin/Alex presence.

A weekly GB cast thread might be a good idea. But it may be odd since the Beastcast will be released 4 days until the next thread replaces it (which will kill conversation from the previous thread. Quite honestly, I'd rather have a GB cast megathread, but I know that won't be a popular idea!

They have to have at least one premium features when they can do cross streams or cross mutiplayer. The potential with GB East and West is limitless now. especially now they have completed the team at GB East. I hope they try as many ideas as they can just to see what works.

A weekly GB cast thread might be a good idea. But it may be odd since the Beastcast will be released 4 days until the next thread replaces it (which will kill conversation from the previous thread. Quite honestly, I'd rather have a GB cast megathread, but I know that won't be a popular idea!

Hm, but how much conversation really happens through the whole week in those threads?

Honest question, I don't pay much attention to them, and I figure a few days are about enough to get everything out based on how other weekly threads tend to go. Plus it keeps a weekly archive in one thread.

But this is also me talking out of my ass since it isn't my responsibility to make them. =P

Bacon

I don't really understand why we don't have a beastcast thread, like who cares if there is "not enough interest" or whatever?

Anjin M

Just finished the Beastcast and now I can't tell whether I like the beginning or the ending better. I'm so conflicted.

Hm, but how much conversation really happens through the whole week in those threads?

Honest question, I don't pay much attention to them, and I figure a few days are about enough to get everything out based on how other weekly threads tend to go. Plus it keeps a weekly archive in one thread.

But this is also me talking out of my ass since it isn't my responsibility to make them. =P

It seems like the mods are okay with regular forays into Gaming for the Bombcast due to its popularity. But I have reservations about going beyond that and the big event threads (like E3 and GOTY).

1. Expanding the Bombcast thread to cover other GB casts seems the safest, but probably won't do a great job of drawing more fans than the current Bombcast threads. Especially if Community regulars don't spend much time there.
  2. Dedicated Beastcast or All-Other-Casts threads will probably see little traffic on their own. The Beastcast threads have really low numbers already.
  3. I cannot in any way see the mods supporting a All-GB-Cast threadnought in Gaming for the very reasons we were removed to Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom